Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-26-2020, 01:48 PM   #21
1931 flamingo

Default Re: Hot water heater will not fit

shew01
Yes, that's thhe style, they can be found on EBAY, refurbished, there's also sellers that have all the parts and decals and carb fittings.
Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 03:29 PM   #22
Peyton

I posted photos of my hot water heater back on 2/24/2020. Described it on 2/23/2020. Total cost below $100, not pretty but takes up little space and works great. Didn't get much attention but if you want to check it out search under "peyton" and the dates shown above.
Peyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 09-27-2020, 05:50 PM   #23
shew01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyton View Post
I posted photos of my hot water heater back on 2/24/2020. Described it on 2/23/2020. Total cost below $100, not pretty but takes up little space and works great. Didn't get much attention but if you want to check it out search under "peyton" and the dates shown above.

I think I found it. “Hot water heat?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shew01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 06:01 PM   #24
shew01

Default Hot water heater will not fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peyton View Post

I’m curious. Where did you find your components? We’re they new? Or, were they scavenged\repurposed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shew01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 10:25 PM   #25
Peyton

I got the used F150 heater core from a radiator shop for $25, a Studebaker 6 volt blower from ebay (think I paid $55 to $60 ship incl), a switch for maybe $4, 3" x 4' flexible alum tubing and pvc fittings all from Home Depot (cheap).

Attached the blower motor to the driver kick panel and the heater core with homemade plenum to the passenger kick panel --- run the flexible tubing (connecting the blower and heater core) between the gas tank and firewall. I could do a better job with the wiring but the overall system seems to fit well in the car.

Living in north Florida, I only run the hoses to the heater core in the dead of winter but always run a water circulation back up system with a thermostat. The winter heater hose hookup also acts as a back up water circulating system. With this system, the car runs cool even in the hottest weather.
Peyton is offline   Reply With Quote