Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 05:52 PM   #1
Don Rogers

Default Hershey Canceled

Just got the letter from Hershey Region. Fall meet cancelled.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:55 PM   #2
Ronnieroadster

Default Re: Hershey Canceled

More bad news the hits this year just keep coming. 100,000 lives lost and the numbers keep going up. Heck who was it who said in March its only like a little flu it will be gone before you know it? What a big lie! We all need to stay safe
First ever gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to run 200 MPH at Bonneville Salt Flats setting the record August 7th 2021 at 205.744 MPH
Old 05-28-2020, 06:01 PM   #3
34pickup

Lets not get political
Matt 24:36-41
Old 05-28-2020, 06:01 PM   #4
woodiewagon46

I also just received the E-Mail from the A.A.C.A. I have been keeping my fingers crossed and was hoping that October would give us enough time to allow this pandemic to end, but I can understand why. My run of 52 straight years is over!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2020, 06:04 PM   #5
SUHRsc

I work in Hershey, at the Medical Center and drive past the swap meet location every day. I don't know how I am going to handle that week, seeing the lots empty...

I've been to the show 1 more year then I've been alive....

I had a pretty strong suspicion that this would be the case, but it doesn't totally sink in till you see that official letter....

Ronnieroadster, you can still send the rest of your intakes down and I'll take care of them for you!
77-6050B, 81AS - 81SB - 99AS - 99SB 19AS cylinder heads
Old 05-28-2020, 06:12 PM   #6
nelsb01

There will not be a consective 25 years for the Early Ford V-8 Club at the annual AACA Fall National Meet, known as Hershey. We thank Dennis Carpenter Reproduction Ford Parts for their hospitality for the first 24 years.

We have been informed that the AACA has cancelled the event.

From the AACA announcement:
It is with great regret that the AACA Hershey Region Executive Board informs you that the 2020 Hershey Fall Meet has been cancelled. This decision was not arrived at lightly. Our Club prides itself on producing a world-class event that thousands of people anticipate every year, so we felt the heaviest of burdens when faced with this decision.

Be safe. Stay safe. And as they say, we are all in this together and together we will get through this.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:23 PM   #7
RalphM

Just saw this too!
Although it would be a slim to none chance of me going to visit from Alaska, I still would have liked the option to go.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:33 PM   #8
Frank Miller

While this may be over in October and possibly August it comes down to no one knows. They have a lot of work to do t put this together and we have been at the whims of political leaders. Someone said to not get political but how do you not.
I will say for myself my greatest adventures in life were when I set the fear on the back burner and went anyway.
Throughout this whole thing I have done what I want when I want as much as possible. Thank god I have like minded people I can hang with and am not imprisoned to isolation.
When FDR said we have nothing to fear but fear itself, he knew of what he spoke.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:35 PM   #9
Old Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Old Redneck Send a message via Yahoo to Old Redneck

Next they will shut down the internet.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:52 PM   #10
RalphM

“It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.”

Doodoodoodoodoodoo...
Old 05-28-2020, 06:56 PM   #11
Tim Ayers

I was really hoping Hershey would be a quasi coming out of COVID event in some sorts. It's not to be and let's hope we can all get together to celebrate our cars in 2021.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:47 PM   #12
Ronnieroadster

Wink Re: Hershey Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Ayers View Post
I was really hoping Hershey would be a quasi coming out of COVID event in some sorts. It's not to be and let's hope we can all get together to celebrate our cars in 2021.

Ill second that
First ever gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to run 200 MPH at Bonneville Salt Flats setting the record August 7th 2021 at 205.744 MPH
Closed Thread