Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-16-2023, 06:04 AM   #21
mercman from oz

Default Re: Ford 1933

Remember that the V8 engine models have a longer Torque Tube than the 4 cylinder engine models. Refer to the following dimensions.

1933 – 1934 Ford Torque Tube Lengths:-
TORQUE TUBES '33/'34
V8 = 61-13/16"
4-cyl = 60-3/16"

DRIVE SHAFTS '33/'34
V8 = 60-5/32"
4-cylinder = 58-7/16"
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 07:21 AM   #22
Matej1991

I looked at pictures of 1934 Fords that were sold but none had the 1933 cowl.
Matej1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 09:32 AM   #23
tubman

Re : Sales figures. When a car is sold, the sales is recorded with the year of the car's registration, not what year it looks like.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 09:43 AM   #24
DavidG

Whether or not some '33s were produced '34 grilles and hoods is pure speculation. There would be at least twelve different parts involved in such a "switch" and only a review of the engineering releases for each and every one of those parts is necessary to support even the possibility, let alone the cowl modification noted above.

Unfortunately, the Benson Ford Research Center remains closed to the public and until it reopens, this question cannot be resolved with documented evidence.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 11:42 AM   #25
Matej1991

I am interested in why Ford 1933 is not for sale so often. Not in how many units were produced.
Old 09-16-2023, 01:08 PM   #26
DavidG

The former is a matter of speculation, the latter an attempt to deal in facts. You should Google the words "statistical sampling" and read what constitutes a "statistically significant sample" and with respect, your sample of observations will likely fall thousands below that threshold.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 01:24 PM   #27
ronn

I don't think it has anything to do with production.

depression depression depression. 33 is the rarest yr for just about any make and model of car. doesnt matter if its ford chevy plymouth etc.

most 33s are rarer then 1932.
ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 01:46 PM   #28
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej1991 View Post
I am interested in why Ford 1933 is not for sale so often. Not in how many units were produced.

The mathematics involved here is not overly difficult for most folks to understand. With far fewer '33s produced than '34s, it stands to reason that there would be far fewer '33s that have survived the past NINETY years. Plus, it stands to reason that '34 Fords have always SEEMED to be more popular than '33s. One definite possibility is that a relative newcomer (yourself possibly?) to the old Ford hobby just does not have the experience and or knowledge to know where and how to look for prospective examples of each year that might happen to be for sale at any given time. As an example of that idea, I have bought and sold an untold number of vintage Fords and Corvettes over the past nearly SIXTY years. Out of all of those examples that I have bought over the years, I can remember ONLY ONE 1940 Ford coupe that I purchased as the result of a published advertisement. What I'm saying here is that many collector cars change ownership as a result of 'WORD OF MOUTH' advertising, having never been associated with 'ADVERTISED-FOR-SALE' print ads.

Coop

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 02:23 PM   #29
Matej1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
The mathematics involved here is not overly difficult for most folks to understand. With far fewer '33s produced than '34s, it stands to reason that there would be far fewer '33s that have survived the past NINETY years. Plus, it stands to reason that '34 Fords have always SEEMED to be more popular than '33s. One definite possibility is that a relative newcomer (yourself possibly?) to the old Ford hobby just does not have the experience and or knowledge to know where and how to look for prospective examples of each year that might happen to be for sale at any given time. As an example of that idea, I have bought and sold an untold number of vintage Fords and Corvettes over the past nearly SIXTY years. Out of all of those examples that I have bought over the years, I can remember ONLY ONE 1940 Ford coupe that I purchased as the result of a published advertisement. What I'm saying here is that many collector cars change ownership as a result of 'WORD OF MOUTH' advertising, having never been associated with 'ADVERTISED-FOR-SALE' print ads.

Coop

Yes, you're right. I don't have several years of experience selling cars. But I work in a company in Europe where we are looking for cars for people who want to own a beautiful car. We specialize in cars after 1946. I remember we had a gentleman here who was looking for a 1953 Corvette. They were looking for a car for him for 3 years when he gave up, so it was found and 2 years later we sold 4x Corvettes from 1953. The big problem is that when you call the seller and say that you are outside the US, so most people have a problem with it, that's why we have agents who will buy the car. My opinion is that the Fordor Sedan with V8 from 1933 is certainly not a rarer car than the 1953 Corvette and more of them were produced than the Victoria, but the problem is that people don't want to sell them and if they do, it's at a ridiculous price.