Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-26-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
thirt4

Default Blast from the past

Here is a "blast from the past" so to speak.

I have had my avatar Coupe for many, many years now. It was always my good intentions to take it to the frame and rebuild it. At one time I actually thought that it would be a simple 2 to 3 month project. Oh yeah! I have awakened from that dream.

Anyway, back then, I started buying parts for that "little dream project" by the tons. I had no idea what I might be needing, just that I did not want to have to be searching for any parts as the build went along.

Well, more reality has struck me and struck me hard during this build , like it has already been over 11 months of building and I have actually had to spend a ton more money on other parts than I would have dreamed of.

Anyway, long story short, yesterday I finally started opening boxes of parts I had marked with a magic marker way back when. Three of the boxes had been marked as containing specific parts that are now needed at this stage of the re-assembly. As I was sorting through the parts looking for the best ones to use, out dropped a little business card.

Ya know whose name was / is on that card? It is the name of a now fellow Barner who I had never heard of way back in 2001. Heck, I had never even heard of Ford Barn back then!
The card bears the name of our good friend, Lawson Cox. I was tickled when I picked the card up off the floor and read his name.

I have found that in the world of cars, we are all just one big family helping out each other.

Thank you Lawson!!

In one of the other boxes, I actually found cash that had been returned to me by that seller also in 2001. I had never opened any of the boxes in all these years, and at one point almost sold them at a public auction as spare junk parts. No junk in these boxes. Just real, real nice window crank mechanisms. And... I still have many boxes yet to open!
thirt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:01 PM   #2
texas webb

Default Re: Blast from the past

Better'n christmas
texas webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:20 PM   #3
G.M.

Default Re: Blast from the past

I have had people come into my shop over the past 30 years and drop off boxes of old Ford parts, engines, transmissions and a front end and rear. There's still quite a few we never opened. Every once in a while we open one and it's just like Christmas. G.M.

In fact it's even better because it's not something I don't need.