Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-18-2022, 08:28 AM   #1
Fred A

Default Drake Coupe Package Tray Kit?

Kit is no longer offered by Drake. Probably another victim of the shrinking part world. Is such a Kit offered by others? Shows that we can't wait when starting a project. This stuff is not forever. Thanks: Fred A
Fred A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 08:42 AM   #2
V8 Bob

Default Re: Drake Coupe Package Tray Kit?

I bought the kit for my '40 from Roy Nacewicz several years ago but Third Gen may still offer it.
V8 Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 10:05 AM   #3
Fred A

Third Gen was a negative on the Kit. I did however have a chance to explain to Michael why I disagree with the rosy reviews that are posted for Third Gen. I know that we need these guys to support the car restoration hobby/business. Not thrilled that they are a bit slow to answer relatively easy questions. If they have what I need, they are still on the list, but down a couple of notches. Good Luck out there: Fred A
Old 04-18-2022, 07:43 PM   #4
Ken/Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred A View Post
Third Gen was a negative on the Kit. I did however have a chance to explain to Michael why I disagree with the rosy reviews that are posted for Third Gen. I know that we need these guys to support the car restoration hobby/business. Not thrilled that they are a bit slow to answer relatively easy questions. If they have what I need, they are still on the list, but down a couple of notches. Good Luck out there: Fred A
Wow! I’ve never had anything but great service from Michael at Third Gen Automotive. He’s my first go to when I need parts and continue to recommend him to others.
Ken/Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 10:23 AM   #5
Fred A

Quite happy for you Ken, and don't totally disagree with Third Gen being an asset. When someone shuts down the internet site during business hours and a sizeable order in process is mysteriously lost, you will know that your "my first go" can also be your second go. You can call the vacuous staff to get a denial that there is any problem. Despite the fact that my previous two orders had been as great as you describe yours, I'm still cautious. Good Luck: Fred A

Last edited by Fred A; 04-19-2022 at 10:28 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-19-2022, 05:47 PM   #6
deuce_roadster

My guess is Fred A has no idea how the internet works and doesn't understand that if he lost connection to a website the problem could be any number of sites the signal propagates between his computer and the website he was connected to. Losing a connection is almost never the simplistic idea that it was "shut down" at the site in question. Your connection is relayed between HUNDREDS of intermediate places and any one of them can have a problem.
deuce_roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 08:35 AM   #7
Fred A

I guess the Package Tray Kit thread is lost since I opened the door to the Third Gen popularity contest. During the pandemic I thought we did pretty well without the need to understand the internet works. Thanks for the advice: Fred A
Old 04-20-2022, 02:40 PM   #8
swoopNZ
MEMBER EMERITUS

The kit consists of several varying lengths of 1 1/2 " x 3/4" pieces of wood together with the package tray, header and panels. I could mail you copy of what Drake offered.
swoopNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 04:25 PM   #9
Fred A

The last listing of the Kit may be in the Drake 2016 Catalog#30, where on page 211, there is a full page of great illustrations and a list of what the Kit includes. I have that catalog. Thank you for the offer to help. I always knew that I would need that kit but budget limitations caused me to wait too long. Thanks again: Fred A
Old 04-21-2022, 08:13 AM   #10
Blastfromthepast

Hi Fred, Check out Ecklers website.Not sure if they make the exact one you need but
they have a lot of material for package trays that maybe able to help modify one.

Blast
Blastfromthepast is offline   Reply With Quote