Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
ford3

Default NHRA coverage

How many of you are unhappy with ESPN's coverage or the lack of drag racing, want to get it changed? email NHRA at this email, [email protected] and complain strongly, if you dont things will stay the same, dont bother emailing ESPN, they will just blow you off, ive already tried that
ford3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #2
zzlegend

Default Re: NHRA coverage

You know,,,,,,i have emailed them 4 times in the past 3 years and like you said,,,,,they just blew me off. They will not reply. They suck at covering the drag races. Bring back Steve Edwards,,,,,god rest him,,,,,and TNT. Or TNN, which ever it was. The good old days. Did I say ESPN sucks?
zzlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #3
ford3

forget ESPN, email NHRA at the address i posted in my first post
Old 09-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #4
zzlegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford3 View Post
forget ESPN, email NHRA at the address i posted in my first post
Will do.
zzlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #5
russcc

The only thing that drives the NHRA is $. The nostalgia event at Epping NH on 9/12-14 appeared on some one line location, which I forgot the name of. Will dig it up and post it. A number of flathead dragsters ran, ''40 coupe, etc. Good show.
russcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:35 AM   #6
JWL
Member Emeritus

Neither NHRA nor ESPN care. They know they will have adequate numbers of followers no matter how they do it. I have written to both about the lousy NHRA coverage and have yet to hear any comments from them. The first thing they need to do is shorten the programs and cut out all the extraneous bullshit.
JWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #7
ford3

JWL, i emailed both ESPN and NHRA, i got a reply from both in less than a day, no satisfaction but a lot of explanations and excuses, but they did reply, the only ones who can creat a change is us, the viewers, but in order to creat change you need to really complain to NHRA, tell them you will no longer except the way things are, your going to email all the major sponsers, the ones that are left, tell them you will no longer support there products till they have ESPN changes there coverage, we have to do it, neither one will with out some pressure
Old 09-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #8
PeteVS

NHRA and NASCAR? Didn't they used to be organizations where average Joes (well, some of them were way above average) got together to race and have a good time and then degenerated to a system where a few people figured out how to make a lot of money? From what I see, they're all a bunch of whiney big ego personalities. Seems like the only real grass roots racing organization out there is SCTA and Bonneville. My two cents for what it's worth.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #9
Fordors

Agreed, ESPN's scripted programming of all the back stories sucks. I'd rather have greater emphasis on a tech feature than an interview with Force's daughter but the producers seem to know what is best for us. As far as getting booted from the time slot for the World Series of Tidllywinks there isn't much that can be done. There is strength in numbers and NHRA fans are leaving in droves; in 2008 they averaged 600,000 households watching, today the numbers are around 250,000. Not good for sales of ad time and naturally, like any business ESPN follows the $$$.
Fordors is offline   Reply With Quote