Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-24-2015, 05:45 PM   #1
edgar44

Default Searching for my Grandfather's 31' Roadster

I'm searching for a car my grandfather restored and drove during the 70's and 80's. It was sold by his widow after he passed away in the mid 90's. My grandfather Elmer Tolman, who lived in South Gate, California at the time, was a member of the Diamond Tread chapter of Downey and had a number of cars in his collection. He kept most of them in a large garage in Parker Arizona. I've included 2 photos of the car in question. It has two different license plates, they were: OHX841 (1969 photo) and 4Y9477 (1972 photo) If you know where this car is please send me a PM. I would love to see it back in the family sometime in the future... Ed Tolman, Pomona Valley MAFC (909) 573-2125
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 31 Roadster Front.jpg (46.5 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg 31 Roadster.jpg (44.0 KB, 127 views)
edgar44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:02 PM   #2
Steve Plucker
BANNED

Default Re: Searching for my Grandfather's 31' Roadster

Edgar,

I would suggest that you contact the Diamond Tread Chapter and go from there.

Pluck
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:47 AM   #3
edgar44

I visited the Diamond Tread chapter two weeks ago. Although several 'old timers' remember my grandfather, no one knows anything about the whereabouts of any of his vehicles.

After his third wife passed away, his fourth wife helped estrange him from the family. They moved to Apple Valley, CA and she sold off all of his collection. (She didn't want to share any possible proceeds) He also had a 20 car garage in Parker, AZ where many cars were kept. As I get photos of these cars, I'll post them here and elsewhere to ascertain their whereabouts.

Elmer's collection included at least 3 or 4 Model T Fords, 7 or 8 Model A Fords, 5 or 6 Early V8 Fords, a 65 Ford Mustang and a early T-Bird. (And perhaps others)

I have located one of his Model T's in a museum in Holland and believe that they may have purchased more from his Parker, AZ location but my emails go unanswered.

Thanks for your replies... Ed
edgar44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:53 PM   #4
Franchise_24

Good luck to you Ed. I was in a similar situation, my grandparents sold their Coupe they owned. About 15 years later the owner who bought it from them wanted to sell it so I bought it first chance I could to get it back in the family. I know how important that can be.