Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-28-2018, 10:07 PM   #1
cbillelder

Default What's The name Of That Store Phoenix, Az That Sells Ford Flathead Parts?

Hi guys-
It's been quite a few years since I worked on a flathead motor, but I have one sitting in my garage right now that I'm about to start on. I have forgotten the name of that store in Phoenix that specializes in Ford flathead parts. Can anybody help me out there?
Thanks guys,
Bill
cbillelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:27 PM   #2
tubman

Default Re: What's The name Of That Store Phoenix, Az That Sells Ford Flathead Parts?

I hope you don't mean Patrick's (they're in Casa Grande, near Phoenix). Their reputation has gone to hell lately. You might check over on the H.A.M.B.; there's quite a bit of information over there.
tubman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 03:06 AM   #3
Mart

Default Re: What's The name Of That Store Phoenix, Az That Sells Ford Flathead Parts?

When I used to visit phoenix I used to use these guys - now a branch of So Cal Speed Shop

Vintage Ford & Chevy Parts Of Az
3427 E Mcdowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85008

(602) 275-7990

https://www.yellowpages.com/phoenix-...f-az-473844272
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:41 PM   #4
Cool Hand Lurker

I don't know if this is the place you are looking for but I have bought flathead parts from this vendor in Arizona and had very good service.
Mid Fifty F-100 Parts
5221 Hwy 68
Golden Valley, AZ 86413
Phone: (928) 565-2727
Cool Hand Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:59 PM   #5
rotorwrench

Phoenix metro is huge now and getting bigger every year. The satellite cities like Scottsdale, Tempe, & Mesa used to be separate but now it's all one big giant mess. There are bound to be more than one supplier that reside in the metro area. Patric's used to be decent but time has changed their business model.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 02:06 PM   #6
supereal

C&G Ford Parts is our choice. Good quality, and they know what you need. They will tell you if the part(s) are in stock. If not, they are upfront about backorders, if necessary, and the estimated time to obtain the items. As dependable vendors are closing, I hope Dorothy and her crew stay in the business. cgforfparts.com or 800\266-0470.
supereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 10:20 PM   #7
1948F-1Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Hand Lurker View Post
I don't know if this is the place you are looking for but I have bought flathead parts from this vendor in Arizona and had very good service.
Mid Fifty F-100 Parts
5221 Hwy 68
Golden Valley, AZ 86413
Phone: (928) 565-2727
That's a long walk from Phoenix. Like a 200 mile one.
1948F-1Pickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:30 PM   #8
Steve in Denver

Along the same line, I seem to remember a vintage junk yard along the interstate south of Flagstaff about half way to Phoenix. Anyone know the exact location and name of this junk yard?
Steve in Denver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:05 AM   #9
40 Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kennedy View Post
Along the same line, I seem to remember a vintage junk yard along the interstate south of Flagstaff about half way to Phoenix. Anyone know the exact location and name of this junk yard?
One that comes to my mind is/was in Black canyon City. As I remember, take the frontage road exit on the south edge of Black Canyon City.
I just checked on Google. Looks like the yard is still there! At least some kind of yard. It's probably been 15 years since I stopped there although I lived in Flagstaff and went to Phoenix a lot.

It's east of I17 on Tara Springs Road. Just before the yard you turn left on E. Smittys St. It's visible on Google satellite view, 2 or 3 miles east of the interstate. If I remember, it was Tara Springs Auto Salvage.
40 Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote