Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-24-2015, 08:53 PM   #1
JM 35 Sedan

Default EFV-8 Club of America 2015 ENM in Charlotte/Concord, NC, June 8 - 11

I'm all registered and looking forward to attending. Just wondering how many other Fordbarners are also planning to attend this meet?

Keep in mind that you do not have to be registered for this meet nor even a member of the Early Ford V-8 Club to come and see the cars on the show field, Wednesday, June 10th, 8am to 4pm, in the terrace area behind the Charlotte Motor Speedway, about one mile from the host hotels.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 05-20-2015 at 02:41 PM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:46 AM   #2
HOTROD_WILLIE

Default Re: EFV-8 Club of America 2015 ENM in Charlotte/Concord, NC, June 8 - 11

John. Is that Monday thru Thursday? Not the weekend.
HOTROD_WILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:59 AM   #3
Old Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Old Redneck Send a message via Yahoo to Old Redneck
Default Re: EFV-8 Club of America 2015 ENM in Charlotte/Concord, NC, June 8 - 11

We will be there also. I do enjoy going to the V-8 National meet. That old home week seeing old friends. Each year I look forward in going.
Old Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:28 AM   #4
Cecil/WV

I will be there with my '40 pickup!
Cecil/WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:38 AM   #5
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROD_WILLIE View Post
John. Is that Monday thru Thursday? Not the weekend.
Yes, the meet runs from Monday, June 8th thru Thursday, June 11th. The folks attending the meet will have the weekend before and the weekend after for travel. The awards banquet will be held on Thursday evening at the Speedway Club, Charlotte Motor Speedway, starting at 6pm.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
Old 03-25-2015, 10:13 AM   #6
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
Yes, the meet runs from Monday, June 8th thru Thursday, June 11th. The folks attending the meet will have the weekend before and the weekend after for travel. The awards banquet will be held on Thursday evening at the Speedway Club, Charlotte Motor Speedway, starting at 6pm.
Thanks for reply. I was wanting to take my grandson to the show. He likes early Fords. Me and wife is raising him, his mother is unable. My grandson goes to charter school w/ the snow days we had this year. He will needs to be at school. I guess we will not be able to make to the show. I always take w/ me. He really enjoys looking at the cars. To bad the show is not on the weekends. I will be able to take him to the Goodguy show in April at Raleigh, Nc. All there shows are on the weekends. The Goodguy shows are always family friendly.

At the Goodguy shows see cars from all over. There cars from Florida to New York state. Sometime you can see cars from California. It always nice see cars from other states.
https://www.good-guys.com/ncn-2015

Last edited by HOTROD_WILLIE; 03-25-2015 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:15 AM   #7
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Thanks for reply. I was wanting to take my grandson to the show. He likes early Fords. Me and wife is raising him, his mother is unable. My grandson goes to charter school w/ the snow days we had this year. He will needs to be at school. I guess we will not be able to make to the show. I always take w/ me. He really enjoys looking at the cars. To bad the show is not on the weekends. I will be able to take him to the Goodguy show in April at Raleigh, Nc. All there shows are on the weekends. The Goodguy shows are always family friendly.

At the Goodguy shows see cars from all over. There cars from Florida to New York state. Sometime you can see cars from California. It always nice see cars from other states.
https://www.good-guys.com/ncn-2015
Greensboro is not that far from Charlotte/Concord, maybe 1-1/2 hour drive at the most on the Interstate. Bring your grandson to the host hotels on Sunday. Should be plenty of cars arriving early to see in the hotel area parking lots that afternoon and evening. Another possibility will be after school is over on Wednesday. The concourse show doesn't end until 4pm. After that, from 5 to 6 pm, many of the cars will be doing some laps on the Motor Speedway track. There will also be plenty of cars to see that afternoon/evening back at the hotels. Think about driving one of your old cars down. Many of us in the EFV-8 Club are also interested in hotrods. Usually, where there is a will, there is a way.

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 03-25-2015 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:34 AM   #8
PeterC

I'll be there .. will be great to meet all that I've interacted with (and those I've not!) on this forum!
PeterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:14 PM   #9
Kerk

Smile Re: EFV-8 Club of America 2015 ENM in Charlotte/Concord, NC, June 8 - 11

John, I will be there by Monday and am looking foward to it, kerk
Kerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:18 PM   #10
Charles Brock

Which hotel is the host hotel? Thanks
Charles Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:14 PM   #11
TonyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Brock View Post
Which hotel is the host hotel? Thanks

The host hotel is the Hilton Garden Inn at Concorde.

I have the week off for the meet, but we'll see. Still deciding.
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:41 AM   #12
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
Greensboro is not that far from Charlotte/Concord, maybe 1-1/2 hour drive at the most on the Interstate. Bring your grandson to the host hotels on Sunday. Should be plenty of cars arriving early to see in the hotel area parking lots that afternoon and evening. Another possibility will be after school is over on Wednesday. The concourse show doesn't end until 4pm. After that, from 5 to 6 pm, many of the cars will be doing some laps on the Motor Speedway track. There will also be plenty of cars to see that afternoon/evening back at the hotels. Think about driving one of your old cars down. Many of us in the EFV-8 Club are also interested in hotrods. Usually, where there is a will, there is a way.
Thanks for trying to make thing work out for me. It will not work. The traffic is kind of rough during business hours it will take longer to get there. My grandson has a lot of homework at this age. That is more important then any car show. The big thing is get back in time to go to bed. It is hard to go to show during the school day. Maybe one day it will work out.

We went to the Moonshiner show. He had at great time. Saw a lot cars from all over the place. It always great to walk around cars and not have rush to get back home. It was very nice weekend. The Goodguy show is coming up in Raleigh and we will doing that show. That is fun for whole family.

Last edited by HOTROD_WILLIE; 03-26-2015 at 07:58 AM.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:18 PM   #13
38 coupe

I will be there in my 53 sedan. Looking forward to seeing everyone and their cars.

update: turns out I won't be there. I got a new job and can't take any vacation until November. I'm bummed.

Last edited by 38 coupe; 06-04-2015 at 06:29 PM. Reason: update :(
38 coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:19 AM   #14
BUBBAS IGNITION

I will be there in the swap meet .........bringing ever distributor made for the flathead ......
Special orders taken now.......
BUBBAS IGNITION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:05 AM   #15
LBs 37V8

I'll be there in my '37 stake
LBs 37V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:56 AM   #16
JM 35 Sedan

Only a little over a month away.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:09 PM   #17
carolina-bob

I will be there with my 35 conv sedan. First time at a V8 club event. look forward to a fun time.
carolina-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:46 PM   #18
KiWinUS

All that would like to pick up their KiWi-L100 cam at the National meet please get their cores to me asap or place your orders.
Thanks for all the support !
Cheers
Tony
KiWinUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:04 PM   #19
John R

I'll be there along with several other members of the Northern Virginia Regional Group.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:16 AM   #20
HOTROD_WILLIE

Is this show open to public or is for Early Ford Members only. Last time it was in Charlotte you had to special pass to get in the show at speedway. Thanks for reply.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:45 PM   #21
JM 35 Sedan

Getting close now.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:21 PM   #22
glennsanders

I can't wait ,I am freaking out with excitement.I am wound up tight.Looking forward to seeing new and old friend's.
glennsanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:53 PM   #23
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiWinUS View Post
All that would like to pick up their KiWi-L100 cam at the National meet please get their cores to me asap or place your orders.
Thanks for all the support !
Cheers
Tony
Tony, this trip down might be a good opportunity to stop in and return that starter you loaned me at the '13 Moonshine Festival

Old 05-20-2015, 07:32 AM   #24
HOTROD_WILLIE

Is the car show open to the public. If so do you need to go some were to pick up a pass. Where will the car show be at? I don't want drive all the way there not be able to get in or if it is over. Last time I went on Saturday to the Charlotte show was over. Gas cost much to waste it.
Still don't know if I will go to the show. I hate leave my grandson at home. Thanks for your Reply
Old 05-20-2015, 07:47 AM   #25
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Is the car show open to the public. If so do you need to go some were to pick up a pass. Where will the car show be at? I don't want drive all the way there not be able to get in or if it is over. Last time I went on Saturday to the Charlotte show was over. Gas cost much to waste it.
Still don't know if I will go to the show. I hate leave my grandson at home. Thanks for your Reply
I believe we have covered all of these questions in earlier posts on this thread.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:12 AM   #26
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
I believe we have covered all of these questions in earlier posts on this thread.
Thanks for the reply. Sorry I did not see the early post. Is the terrace area very noticeable? Is this same place were the car going to be shown? Is there going be to swap meet area? Is the swap meet area going to be same place as the car show? Thanks again for all the help.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:19 AM   #27
Vic Piano

I'd love to be there, to see friends and cars but, this annoying thing called work, keeps me busy Monday to Friday... Hope everyone has a good time
Old 05-20-2015, 11:46 AM   #28
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Piano View Post
I'd love to be there, to see friends and cars but, this annoying thing called work, keeps me busy Monday to Friday... Hope everyone has a good time
I agree it is hard to go to a car show during the week. I am retired if I was still working it would be hard to take off work during the week. Even though I am retired. I am raising my grandson. He has school during the week. I have pick him up from school and look after him. His mom is not around. Me and my grandson went the Goodguy show in Raleigh last weekend we had great time. A lot great cars and very family friendly. I believe there is Goodguy at Charlotte sometime this fall. Vic I believe the moonshine car show in ga. is on the weekend.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:58 AM   #29
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Hey Vic, talk to the boss...see if you can get a day or two off and come on up!!

Old 05-20-2015, 12:28 PM   #30
Vic Piano

John, the boss said I'm already having too much fun and I can't get away... LOL
Old 05-20-2015, 12:34 PM   #31
Vic Piano

Quote:
I agree it is hard to go to a car show during the week. I am retired if I was still working it would be hard to take off work during the week. Even though I am retired. I am raising my grandson. He has school during the week. I have pick him up from school and look after him. His mom is not around. Me and my grandson went the Goodguy show in Raleigh last weekend we had great time. A lot great cars and very family friendly. I believe there is Goodguy at Charlotte sometime this fall. Vic I believe the moonshine car show in ga. is on the weekend.
Yes Willie, the Moonshine Festival takes place over a three day weekend, Friday to Sunday. We try to schedule all of the Cigar City Flatheads events for three day weekends as well. It is not easy to please everyone but, we try to make attending our events easy for as many as we can. In a perfect world, we'd all be retired with plenty of money and time to play with Flatheads, and go to every related event however, there aren't too many of us who enjoy that status.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:07 AM   #32
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
Yes Willie, the Moonshine Festival takes place over a three day weekend, Friday to Sunday. We try to schedule all of the Cigar City Flatheads events for three day weekends as well. It is not easy to please everyone but, we try to make attending our events easy for as many as we can. In a perfect world, we'd all be retired with plenty of money and time to play with Flatheads, and go to every related event however, there aren't too many of us who enjoy that status.
Vacation should spent w/ the family going to beaches, mountains, or theme parks. I wish I spent more time w/ the family when I was working. Must of my vacations were going on golf trips, fishing trips, and car shows. My family paid big time for me be selfish w/ my time off. It is to late when your kids are grown.

Lucky we still have car shows like the Goodguys, Moonshine Festival, and local weekend cars shows. That are on the weekends. Must of these shows are family friendly. Moonshine Festival is one of my favorite shows. It is must go to show.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:05 AM   #33
thequietwon

Do you have to be registered or a member to get into the swap meet?
thequietwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 01:18 PM   #34
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thequietwon View Post
Do you have to be registered or a member to get into the swap meet?
The swap meets have always been open to the public at any EFV-8 Club meet that I have ever attended. Now if you wanted to vend, that is a different story.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:50 PM   #35
thequietwon

Thanks. I am planning on going Monday afternoon and didn't want any surprises.
Sam
Old 06-07-2015, 11:48 PM   #36
VeryTangled

Anxiously awaiting the first on-scene reports...

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:06 PM   #37
TonyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryTangled View Post
Anxiously awaiting the first on-scene reports...
Same here. Ford Barn people at the meet, post some photos please.
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 01:30 PM   #38
thequietwon

Well, I took the day off and made the 4 hour (each way) drive for the swap meet this morning. Guess How many vendors were there? ONE...disappointed to say the least.
Sam
Old 06-10-2015, 01:58 PM   #39
VeryTangled

quietwon, Wow, bummer, sorry.

You asked about being able to go to the swap meet.

If you had asked about how much good stuff is typically there, we could have filled you in. They are usually sorta thin and like most swaps anything worthwhile is gone immediately.

Last edited by VeryTangled; 06-10-2015 at 02:00 PM. Reason: I used the word 'usually' three times!
Old 06-10-2015, 02:05 PM   #40
Vic Piano

Sparse in the swap meet area... that's too bad. How about the show field, anybody there yet? How about posting some photos for all us working stiffs who couldn't be there... Photos are the next best thing... or so I've been told...
Old 06-10-2015, 02:15 PM   #41
HELENT

no vic put pic face book
HELENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:33 PM   #42
Vic Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELENT View Post
no vic put pic face book
Did you post photos of the Meet to FaceBook? If so, where? If you want, post photos on the Cigar City Flatheads page. You can join the group and 'like' the page as well.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:18 PM   #43
LazarusLong

Sorry,my mistake for not looking at the date of the post I was replying to.
LazarusLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:16 PM   #44
KiWinUS

Quote:
Well, I took the day off and made the 4 hour (each way) drive for the swap meet this morning. Guess How many vendors were there? ONE...disappointed to say the least.
Sam
I am surprised there was even 1 ! What did he have to sell ? Rattlecan carbs ?
A bad day to go to swap meet as it was judging day for all at the racetrack . I went to swapmeet yesterday afternoon with some excess parts & did very well considering the constant small flow . Apparently yesterday morning was quite good . got a couple of great deals also , Brand new 36 Hirsh stainless spider hubcap $100 , NOS interior light with switch $30 , there were several good deal that I looked at .
Cheers
Tony

Last edited by KiWinUS; 06-10-2015 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:27 PM   #45
Vic Piano

Hi Tony, glad you had a good time. I'm still waiting to see some photos of the meet so, I'll post one from back in 1990 at the Eastern Regional Meet in Charlotte. I Paced the Pack of Flatheads that year, also took home a First Place Award for Open Touring '49 - '53 with my '53 Crestline Sunliner. Did I mention that I drove her down from LI, NY...
Old 06-10-2015, 08:19 PM   #46
KiWinUS

Who is the good lookin young fella drivin Vic ?
OOOOO sweet ride !!!
Old 06-10-2015, 08:29 PM   #47
Vic Piano

LOL Believe it or not... That was me, dark hair and all... The '53 still looks good, she just needs a little TLC... Don't we all...
Old 06-11-2015, 06:46 AM   #48
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Thanks. I am planning on going Monday afternoon and didn't want any surprises.
Sam
The best days for the swap meet were Monday and Tuesday. I did a quick walk through both days and saw some nice parts being offered at reasonable prices. One vender had four Columbia rear center sections for sale. Most of the vendors left Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning since most everyone attending the meet will be on the concourse show field most of that day.
It's too bad you could not get there Monday afternoon as you had first mentioned.
It has been a fun meet so far. Looking forward to the tour today. Have taken many pictures but have not had time to post any. Maybe someone else here will post some pics.

Old 06-11-2015, 07:19 AM   #49
Hugh in NC

Here are a few pictures that I took Wednesday. Sorry guys, I took mostly '40s.

Hugh
Hugh in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:22 AM   #50
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
I am surprised there was even 1 ! What did he have to sell ? Rattlecan carbs ?
A bad day to go to swap meet as it was judging day for all at the racetrack . I went to swapmeet yesterday afternoon with some excess parts & did very well considering the constant small flow . Apparently yesterday morning was quite good . got a couple of great deals also , Brand new 36 Hirsh stainless spider hubcap $100 , NOS interior light with switch $30 , there were several good deal that I looked at .
Cheers
Tony
Glad that you found some deals. I heard someone bought Columbia rear for $400.00. My friend bought original 1932 front axle w/ wishbones for $200.00 it has original paint. He also bought original 1932 grill for his 1932 3w for $500.00. Looks like the thequietwon missed out again.

I did not know our friend Ken was going to be there. Did he have any 81 Stromberg there? You should have bought some USA made carb kits from our old friend. Understand the carb business has not been the same sent he was booted from FB.

Tony did you sell any of your cams at the show. I heard that cam business has been good for you. Are your cams made in USA ?

Last edited by HOTROD_WILLIE; 06-11-2015 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:42 AM   #51
BILL WZOREK

Hugh in NC:

THANKS for posting the pictures / for a moment in time I was there >>>>
BILL WZOREK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:12 PM   #52
Chris in MA

Nice Pics Thanks for Sharing.
Chris in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:52 PM   #53
FL&WVMIKE

Hugh in NC ...................................
Thanks or posting those great photos ! It was, almost, like being there.
Hopefully, others will show their view of the Meet.
Thank you,
MIKE (mikeburch)
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:23 PM   #54
thequietwon

Ended up having to work Monday & Tuesday...I'll know better next time. 200 for a 32 axle & wishbone? Sounds like I did miss out. Kind of scary that it was sold that cheap in a group of guys that should know what it is worth...
Sam
Old 06-11-2015, 02:17 PM   #55
ford38v8

Quote:
Ended up having to work Monday & Tuesday...I'll know better next time. 200 for a 32 axle & wishbone? Sounds like I did miss out. Kind of scary that it was sold that cheap in a group of guys that should know what it is worth...
Sam
Sam, These swap meets at EFV8CA events are where old friends are reunited, new friends are made, and spare parts find new homes. There are vendors that are well known and nationally advertised, vendors that are known to many but never advertise, first time vendors, and vendors that have nothing to sell but good conversation.
There are vendors that want to profit, and vendors that wouldn't think of making a profit from fellow enthusiasts. In other words, these swaps are the swaps a Fordophile dreams of finding. They are very small compared to well known annual swaps, but you won't find more good stuff, less junk, and better people at any other swap meet, bar none.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:52 PM   #56
rufus39

Here are a few I took Wednesday.
I will add more in separate posts
rufus39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:02 PM   #57
thequietwon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford38v8 View Post
Sam, These swap meets at EFV8CA events are where old friends are reunited, new friends are made, and spare parts find new homes. There are vendors that are well known and nationally advertised, vendors that are known to many but never advertise, first time vendors, and vendors that have nothing to sell but good conversation.
There are vendors that want to profit, and vendors that wouldn't think of making a profit from fellow enthusiasts. In other words, these swaps are the swaps a Fordophile dreams of finding. They are very small compared to well known annual swaps, but you won't find more good stuff, less junk, and better people at any other swap meet, bar none.
That's a refreshing way to look at it. I just got into early Ford's about 5 years ago, and at 39 I am relatively young. Just started going to Hershey 3 years ago, and figured I would go to this meet to see what it was about. The next one that I go to I will be sure to get there early. I did enjoy the cars and spent the day with my 10 year old son, so it wasn't a wasted day by any means...
Sam
Old 06-11-2015, 03:03 PM   #58
rufus39

A Few More.. I could look at these all day long..
Old 06-11-2015, 03:21 PM   #59
rufus39

one more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_134127800_HDR.jpg (330.8 KB, 38 views)
Old 06-11-2015, 03:35 PM   #60
Vic Piano

Excellent photos, thanks to all who have posted.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:49 PM   #61
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
Sam
My friend just bought 32 3WD Coupe out of Virginia. After showing this guy pic of his car he just bought. The seller gave him a deal on the 1932 Ford parts to help him out. The seller is up in year just wants this items to go to a good home. Me and my friend are going to this guy house this weekend to do some picking. I need some parts for my project. See Sam it not always about making money. Sometime it is about helping each other out.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:03 PM   #62
VeryTangled

Hugh and rufus, Thanks for posting the photos!

This is the first Eastern Meet I've missed since it was last at Charlotte, so I'm having a little withdraw. Especially since I went to a 3000 car street rod show last week and saw about twenty flat motors!

I see several FordBarn members' cars/trucks. There was just a peek of the rear of JM's Sedan.

I know as everyone gets home tomorrow and Sat, we'll start to see more shots.

Thanks and let's see some more, please.

Old 06-11-2015, 04:24 PM   #63
1942deluxe

Great photos! Did anybody take any of the 41-48's?
1942deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 10:20 PM   #64
mercman from oz

Thanks guys for posting these great pictures.
Has anyone else got any others to add?
The Grass at the Concours doesn't look very green for North Carolina, which is a shame, as lovely green grass really helps with the display of these great old Fords?
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:03 AM   #65
BILL WZOREK

THANKS / THANKS / THANKS / THANKS / THANKS / THANKS / THANKS / THANKS

Need I say more ?

Ok

MORE Please
Old 06-12-2015, 07:38 AM   #66
Kube

I had a fantastic time at the show. The guys responsible for organizing this deserve a huge thanks.
My only regrets were I did not have enough time to look at all of the fine autos on display and not near enough time to visit with everyone I wanted to.
Still, I finally got to meet many folks that I had previously corresponded with and managed to make a few "new" friends as well.
All in all, a great time.

Mike "Kube" Kubarth
Old 06-12-2015, 08:54 AM   #67
barnfind

Nice pictures - too bad the show was not spanning a weekend when more folks could attend.
barnfind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:15 AM   #68
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnfind View Post
Nice pictures - too bad the show was not spanning a weekend when more folks could attend.
There looks to be a lot very nice early Fords. I agree I wish the show was on the weekend.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:24 AM   #69
37 Coupe

Does anybody know the story of the '32 roadster hiboy on previous post? Has Busch in script on cowl side. Kurt or Kyle? Mayby a Roush built roadster?
Old 06-12-2015, 11:53 AM   #70
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL WZOREK View Post
THANKS / THANKS / THANKS / THANKS / THANKS / THANKS / THANKS / THANKS

Need I say more ?

Ok

MORE Please
I probably have close to 100 pictures to post. Not an easy thing to do while on the road. Great show...great time. Met up with many of my V8er friends from all over the USA and Canada. A big thanks to the NC RG that worked so had to make this happen! Just stopped for lunch break at Roanok, VA.

Old 06-12-2015, 12:08 PM   #71
KiWinUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37 Coupe View Post
Does anybody know the story of the '32 roadster hiboy on previous post? Has Busch in script on cowl side. Kurt or Kyle? Mayby a Roush built roadster?
I think its Kurts & Dad had it there , from out west I believe . It was at Waldens Hot Rod shop party last year on Fri nite of LA roadster show
Old 06-13-2015, 08:29 AM   #72
stangblue

Having trouble loading Pictures> have to figure it out will be back.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:41 AM   #73
stangblue

Last edited by stangblue; 06-13-2015 at 08:46 AM. Reason: pictures
stangblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 08:54 AM   #74
stangblue

Old 06-13-2015, 10:07 AM   #75
VeryTangled

stangblue, Thanks for adding some of your shots.

Those '32's always drive to the meets. The more original one belongs to the guy who rebuild my spare engine. Good fellas both of them.

I hope I see them in Brainerd, MN on July 12 thru 16. That's just about four weeks from now. I'm getting all my ducks lined up.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:09 AM   #76
Pat/Ohio

Thanks for sharing the ENM pictures! The very first picture was of my '32 Ford Model B roadster....well it was mine until I sold it to Pat McFarlane. I'm glad to see that Mark made it to the meet with his '32 Ford V8 roadster also.

Pat
Pat/Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:32 AM   #77
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
stangblue, Thanks for adding some of your shots.

Those '32's always drive to the meets. The more original one belongs to the guy who rebuild my spare engine. Good fellas both of them.

I hope I see them in Brainerd, MN on July 12 thru 16. That's just about four weeks from now. I'm getting all my ducks lined up.
Jeff, they had their Ahooga horns blasting as they pulled out of the hotel heading for home .
Mark M. and Pat McF. Always enjoy seeing them and their '32's at the meets. They were also with us on the cross country tour in '13.

Here are a few of my pictures, with many more to come, as I have to download them from my iphone to my tablet and then resize to post here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_120139_976(1).jpg (82.6 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_120213_198(1).jpg (86.2 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_120240_869(1).jpg (81.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_120318_408(1).jpg (84.0 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_120337_738(1).jpg (75.3 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_120350_867(1).jpg (75.4 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_120404_794(1).jpg (79.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_120425_061(1).jpg (74.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_120454_058(1).jpg (75.7 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_120512_240(1).jpg (80.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_120550_453(1).jpg (66.7 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_120639_623-2(2).jpg (77.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_120737_966-2(1).jpg (94.0 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_120725_805-2(1).jpg (55.0 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150611_111451_640-2(1).jpg (60.4 KB, 48 views)

Old 06-13-2015, 10:39 AM   #78
VeryTangled

JM, Glad to see you're back home.

Thanks for the photos.

That last one, of the '35 Roadster, where was that taken? It looks like it might have been downtown, near the NASCAR museum? EDIT: Oh, I see it was at the transportation museum. Neat police car! I see past president Mr. Bounds just had to have a sit inside!

How many '35's do we see with '36 bumperettes? A lot.

Edit: Also, shot #8... The front end of a '53 just kills me. Very pretty.

Last edited by VeryTangled; 06-13-2015 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:57 AM   #79
JM 35 Sedan

These pictures will be out of order by day/event.
These were taken at the NC Transportation Museum during the driving tour Thursday morning. The '35 Roadster was also on display at the 2010 Concord meet, during the day of concourse judging, inside the Motor Speedway. What a brutally hot day that was on the concourse.

ps...these train pictures are dedicated to two of my V8er train loven' friends: Bill Wzorek and Phil Meyers (sp?)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150611_111511_334(1).jpg (60.5 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150611_111523_492(1).jpg (59.1 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150611_111538_153(1).jpg (59.9 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150611_111608_514(1).jpg (60.3 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150611_112339_651(1).jpg (66.0 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150611_112355_162(1).jpg (52.3 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150611_112409_690(1).jpg (33.8 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150611_112430_536(1).jpg (36.1 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150611_112444_892(1).jpg (57.4 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150611_112558_110(1).jpg (57.0 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150611_112616_786(1).jpg (57.8 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150611_114409_090(1).jpg (54.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150611_120016_337(1).jpg (59.6 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150611_120305_158(1).jpg (62.0 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150611_114422_620(1).jpg (63.0 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 06-13-2015 at 10:51 PM.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:32 PM   #80
Mike in AZ

thanks for all the pics.....petty cool....Mike
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 05:49 PM   #81
mercman from oz

Thanks to everyone who posted pictures. Sounds like it was another great event put on by the Regional Groups of The Early Ford V8 Club of America.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:26 PM   #82
Cecil/WV

Yep!!
Old 06-13-2015, 09:52 PM   #83
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercman from oz View Post
Thanks to everyone who posted pictures. Sounds like it was another great event put on by the Regional Groups of The Early Ford V8 Club of America.
I have many more pictures I can post when time permits, maybe tomorrow

More pictures.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115531_085(1).jpg (90.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115613_495(1).jpg (90.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115634_204(1).jpg (88.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115654_267(1).jpg (88.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115710_065(1).jpg (94.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115722_626(1).jpg (85.5 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115746_627(1).jpg (88.1 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115812_282(1).jpg (88.4 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115820_158(1).jpg (76.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115835_684-2(1).jpg (86.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115848_499(1).jpg (67.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115907_615(1).jpg (84.1 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115922_099(1).jpg (82.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115948_483(1).jpg (85.5 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_120002_545(1).jpg (84.3 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 06-14-2015 at 06:57 AM.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:03 AM   #84
JM 35 Sedan

More pictures.... plus more to come
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_120016_306(1).jpg (73.4 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_120028_608(1).jpg (90.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_120040_510(1).jpg (83.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150611_120151_052(1).jpg (43.1 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150611_120210_576(1).jpg (62.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150611_120420_918(1).jpg (54.6 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150611_120432_787(1).jpg (57.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_114434_721(1).jpg (71.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_114529_031(1).jpg (90.3 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_114600_696(1).jpg (96.4 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_114616_041(1).jpg (89.0 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_114648_321(1).jpg (88.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_114706_501(1).jpg (86.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_114947_725(1).jpg (90.9 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115004_002(1).jpg (87.6 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 06-14-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:10 AM   #85
BILL WZOREK

THANKS John: Keep posting ! ! !
Old 06-14-2015, 01:06 PM   #86
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL WZOREK View Post
THANKS John: Keep posting ! ! !
Here you go Bill, more pictures. Still have a bunch to post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115051_868(1).jpg (84.3 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115110_223(1).jpg (82.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115130_092(1).jpg (83.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115149_245(1).jpg (74.7 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115226_458(1).jpg (87.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115257_805(1).jpg (76.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115311_353(1).jpg (88.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115332_863(1).jpg (89.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115351_100(1).jpg (94.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115403_671(1).jpg (93.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115417_344(1).jpg (82.5 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115433_479(1).jpg (87.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115449_221(1).jpg (87.7 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115503_400(1).jpg (88.5 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_115516_114(1).jpg (76.5 KB, 44 views)

Old 06-14-2015, 04:36 PM   #87
JM 35 Sedan

More....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_114434_721(2).jpg (71.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_104014_922-3(1).jpg (92.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_103940_486-3(1).jpg (90.8 KB, 291 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_103956_460-3(1).jpg (69.7 KB, 293 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_103923_667-3(1).jpg (85.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_103859_787-3(1).jpg (96.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_103848_805-3(1).jpg (81.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_103416_588-3(1).jpg (82.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_103433_152-3(1).jpg (96.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_103347_975-3(1).jpg (87.9 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_103257_842-3(1).jpg (77.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_103020_425-3(1).jpg (72.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_102817_741-4(1).jpg (82.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_102637_801(1).jpg (86.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_102616_470(1).jpg (82.9 KB, 33 views)

Old 06-14-2015, 04:42 PM   #88
V8COOPMAN

Ooooooh Oooooooh.......Is that a big ol' Caddy in that there little coupe? ANY details at all? Man, what a "sleeper"! DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 04:45 PM   #89
V8COOPMAN

Yikes.....I got so excited about the first pic that I almost missed the money shot! This thing is COOL!! DD

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
Old 06-14-2015, 04:51 PM   #90
JM 35 Sedan

There were a lot of '34's on the concourse.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_102552_627(1).jpg (86.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_102529_478(1).jpg (90.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_102520_821(1).jpg (94.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_102502_881(1).jpg (83.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_102435_061(1).jpg (63.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_102348_863(1).jpg (89.5 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_102338_283(1).jpg (101.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_102314_918(1).jpg (96.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_102301_034(1).jpg (82.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_102244_593(1).jpg (88.5 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_102228_130(1).jpg (96.6 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_102156_500(1).jpg (101.8 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_102134_583(1).jpg (102.1 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_102110_772(2).jpg (93.6 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_102059_902(1).jpg (98.7 KB, 35 views)

Old 06-14-2015, 05:10 PM   #91
JM 35 Sedan

More pics.... some nice '35 Dearborns hanging out with an old Rouge
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_102035_633(1).jpg (86.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_101656_622(1).jpg (87.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_101635_315(1).jpg (85.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_101617_878(1).jpg (80.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_101538_662(1).jpg (83.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_101508_199(1).jpg (71.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_101446_239(1).jpg (88.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_101428_093(1).jpg (110.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_101417_185(1).jpg (86.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_101357_098(1).jpg (76.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_101336_751(1).jpg (88.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_101323_482(1).jpg (105.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_101148_244(1).jpg (89.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_101134_706(1).jpg (99.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150610_101108_195(1).jpg (85.3 KB, 29 views)

Old 06-14-2015, 05:14 PM   #92
countrysquire

Thanks John!
countrysquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 05:23 PM   #93
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrysquire View Post
Thanks John!
You're welcome.

Will post more later. I can't believe I found time to take all these pictures. Have a few more from the concourse, the Welcome Party at Dennis Carpenters, some from around the hotel, and a few at the swap meet.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:29 PM   #94
VeryTangled

I'm lovin' it. Thanks JM! I know this is taking no small amount of your time.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:32 PM   #95
Vic Piano

That '40 Standard with the early Caddy OHV V8 with the 'Bat Wing" air cleaner, etc. is at the Moonshine Festival in Dawsonville, GA every year. I think it may have actually been a shine runner. Thanks for posting John and everyone else, excellent photos.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:36 PM   #96
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
Ooooooh Oooooooh.......Is that a big ol' Caddy in that there little coupe? ANY details at all? Man, what a "sleeper"! DD
Coop, No details on that nice caddy powered coupe. Maybe someone in the know will post some info. Definitely a beauty. I also have some pics of Dennis Carpenters very nice looking '36 Phaeton with a caddy engine. VT/Jeff is going to like this....NOT!!

Old 06-14-2015, 05:52 PM   #97
VeryTangled

Hi JM, I made a mistake at the last Charlotte meet and parked my Phaeton near Dennis Carpenter's. Mistake because his car was SO NICE! I remember a Washington Blue one that was really getting-it-up around the track. That one had a Pines Winterfront add-on. Is this the one with the Caddy, or is it another one?

Sorry about the photo, it's the only one I could find and it was taken from very far away.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Charlotte 2010 ENM Carpenter Phaeton on track.jpg (39.4 KB, 298 views)

Old 06-14-2015, 05:54 PM   #98
Bruce in southern OH

Very nice, thank for photos
Bruce in southern OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:09 PM   #99
mercman from oz

What a drive to remember, driving around this Track. Thanks for the great Photo.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:11 PM   #100
VeryTangled

Video of me and Dad going around the track in 2010.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ziw3ajlISM

We're doing no more than 50MPH. We had the 4.11 ratio in the rear here and Dad's ass couldn't pass a BB at this point, that backstretch took forever! He was waiting for a connecting rod to "Exit Stage Right" and couldn't care less about holding the camera, he was holding on for dear life.

Last edited by VeryTangled; 06-14-2015 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:58 PM   #101
TJ

John, thanks for the photos. Wish I could have been there.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 08:40 PM   #102
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Video of me and Dad going around the track in 2010.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ziw3ajlISM

We're doing no more than 50MPH. We had the 4.11 ratio in the rear here and Dad's ass couldn't pass a BB at this point, that backstretch took forever! He was waiting for a connecting rod to "Exit Stage Right" and couldn't care less about holding the camera, he was holding on for dear life.
Jeff, cool video. Don't recall ever seeing that one before. It was good to hear Reds/Henrys voice again. The '36 Pheaton you saw in 2010 is more than likely the same one I saw and took these pictures of at Carpenters museum last Tuesday. He also uses pictures of this car in his catalogs, sales ads, and on posters. I'm betting it could hold its own on that race track.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_141316_209(1).jpg (58.5 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_141335_620(1).jpg (66.8 KB, 332 views)

Old 06-14-2015, 08:47 PM   #103
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
John, thanks for the photos. Wish I could have been there.
Sorry you could not make it Tom. Are you thinking about coming to Brainerd? Several of us from RG36 are planning to be there.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:20 AM   #104
glennsanders

That's so funny, that is great memory you will never forget. Miss you not being there.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:52 AM   #105
V8COOPMAN

Oh my goodness John.......this stuff gets my attention, and I appreciate the pics......ALL of 'em. DD

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
Old 06-16-2015, 11:54 AM   #106
FL&WVMIKE

Quote:
Oh my goodness John.......this stuff gets my attention, and I appreciate the pics......ALL of 'em. DD

It looks like that Cadillac engine fit in there, without having to cut the firewall !
MIKE (mikeburch)
Old 06-16-2015, 02:04 PM   #107
Old Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Old Redneck Send a message via Yahoo to Old Redneck

I seen 2 Fords with Cadillac engines two 40" Never road in one yet. Also one with a Chevy engine. Lot of nice cars there. It was very hot every day.
Old Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 02:28 PM   #108
BlueSunoco

Beautiful Flatties, thanks much for posting really enjoyed this!
BlueSunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 11:39 AM   #109
JM 35 Sedan

Okay, just when you thought this post was finished, here comes more pictures . Stay tuned, there are more coming.....

Here are a few more from the concourse, the Welcome Party at Dennis Carpenters, around the hotel, and a few at the swap meet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_133049_836(1).jpg (80.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_133120_800(2).jpg (85.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_133105_911(1).jpg (84.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_133140_777(1).jpg (85.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_133204_807(1).jpg (88.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_133215_962(1).jpg (84.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_133253_604(1).jpg (91.6 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_133422_759(1).jpg (85.2 KB, 237 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_133451_713(1).jpg (88.4 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_133459_958(1).jpg (86.5 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_133523_802(1).jpg (85.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_133600_208(1).jpg (93.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_133659_744(1).jpg (82.5 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_133720_377(1).jpg (53.2 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_133900_300(1).jpg (77.9 KB, 42 views)

Old 06-17-2015, 11:52 AM   #110
JM 35 Sedan

More.....

picture #7 is a flathead crate motor thar D.C. picked up at an old Ford dealership.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_133914_571(1).jpg (86.0 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_133937_993(1).jpg (69.5 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_141423_383(1).jpg (46.0 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_141455_837(1).jpg (61.1 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_141547_775(1).jpg (58.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_141852_516(1).jpg (59.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_142033_893(1).jpg (48.8 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_142051_858(1).jpg (66.0 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_142112_852(1).jpg (73.6 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_142121_320(1).jpg (67.7 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_142156_704(1).jpg (62.5 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_142229_709(1).jpg (72.5 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_142247_726(1).jpg (64.8 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_142258_017(1).jpg (61.8 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150608_142342_391(1).jpg (49.7 KB, 39 views)

Old 06-17-2015, 12:25 PM   #111
JM 35 Sedan

More pictures....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150609_101031_141(1).jpg (60.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150609_101047_664(1).jpg (42.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150609_101043_232(1).jpg (34.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150609_113951_755(1).jpg (26.8 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150609_113723_573(1).jpg (32.4 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150609_113739_484(1).jpg (47.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150609_122815_473(1).jpg (72.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150609_123117_675(1).jpg (71.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150609_184132_424(1).jpg (41.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150609_184154_570(1).jpg (68.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150609_184237_495(1).jpg (57.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150609_184335_312(1).jpg (55.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150609_184345_085(1).jpg (63.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150609_184412_970(1).jpg (65.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20150609_184505_428(1).jpg (75.5 KB, 31 views)

Old 06-17-2015, 12:28 PM   #112
FL&WVMIKE

JOHN ..........................................
Thanks so much for uploading and posting so many photos ! Your efforts are certainly appreciated !
I drove my '34 Phaeton, from West Virginia, to the Charlotte National Meet in 1975. I won the "BEST OILED" trophy ! It is a FORD script oil can and bracket, mounted on a plaque, with the Charlotte meet medallion attached. It is, still proudly, hanging on my living room wall.
I remember going a little high on the wall, at the Speedway, and feeling the rear end starting to slide downwards. They wouldn't let us go fast enough to go any higher.
I do remember them letting a couple "hot" cars, hit it hard.
Wish I could have been there, this year.
MIKE (mikeburch)
Old 06-17-2015, 12:50 PM   #113
V8COOPMAN

This guy was so busy that you had to take a number and wait patiently in line. You outdid yourself on the pictures, John.....much appreciated! DD

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
Old 06-17-2015, 01:20 PM   #114
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
This guy was so busy that you had to take a number and wait patiently in line. You outdid yourself on the pictures, John.....much appreciated! DD

Is that Ken. What ever happen to him? I never see his adds on FB anymore. I though he was pushing up daisies.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:23 PM   #115
KiWinUS

Great pics John , thanks so much for sharing !!!
Cheers
Tony
Old 06-18-2015, 01:44 PM   #116
FL&WVMIKE

HOT ROD WILLIE ...........................
Ken ct. was banned from FORDBARN in a dispute with the moderator of FORDBARN. It was about a dispute with an unsatisfied customer. I don't know the details.
MIKE (mikeburch)
Old 06-18-2015, 02:56 PM   #117
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL&WVMIKE View Post
HOT ROD WILLIE ...........................
Ken ct. was banned from FORDBARN in a dispute with the moderator of FORDBARN. It was about a dispute with an unsatisfied customer. I don't know the details.
MIKE (mikeburch)
Thanks. Now I remember. He sold someone (2) 81 Strombergs that did not match for big money. The guy was not happy about the non matching carb wanted his money back. Ken did want make it right. I believe the guy did get his money back after going thru a lot BS. Ken was not very happy. Poor Ken looks hot. Someone should give him glass of cold water. Business looks slow.
http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128602

Last edited by HOTROD_WILLIE; 06-18-2015 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:56 AM   #118
Cecil/WV

From what I heard, business was very slow for Ken in NC.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:24 AM   #119
VeryTangled

Hi Everyone, post #73, pic 2 of an engine...

Can someone explain what I'm seeing.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:37 PM   #120
glennsanders

Test stand at DCs testing there new carbs
Old 06-19-2015, 12:39 PM   #121
KiWinUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennsanders View Post
Test stand at DCs testing there new carbs
Made in China carbs ?
Old 06-19-2015, 01:02 PM   #122
glennsanders

When I was asked Dennis about his carbs he stated they where usa built . Then I saw them being built at his factory and tested .
Old 06-19-2015, 01:06 PM   #123
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Hi Everyone, post #73, pic 2 of an engine...

Can someone explain what I'm seeing.
Glenn has it correct, an 8ba test engine at D.C. testing EVERY 94 carburator that they manufacture prior to shipping.

Last week during our tour of DC's manufacturing facilities, I wanted to make sure exactly where his 94's are being produced. I saw first hand the housings being automatically drilled and milled into finished castings ready for assembly. Then I saw the assembly line with all the components necessary to build the complete carbs. I talked to the folks on the assembly line, the guy doing the 100% run in check, and Dennis himself about where all of these carburetors are being manufactured, and their responses were....right here at their facility in Concord, NC, USA. see pictures below of carburetors advertised in DC's online catalog. Notice the tag and what it states. I told Dennis I would make this statement on the various old car forums that I post on to dispel the myths about these carburetors being manufactured off shore. He said that was fine with him.

Edit: Another myth that was dispelled last week while touring DC's manufacturing facilities was where their water pumps are being manufactured. In this case we were informed they are NOT being manufactured in the USA. They are being manufactured off shore just like Drakes and Speedways water pumps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 52-9510-N.jpg (31.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 59A-9510-N.jpg (25.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 59A-9510-N_5.jpg (30.2 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 06-20-2015 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:59 PM   #124
KiWinUS

Strange ! I toured his museum about a year ago with a group & we went through a room with a table where they were being assembled . All the boxes the components were being taken from to build the carbs said "Made in China " These did not look like boxes the parts were just being stored in but upon my close inspection appeared to be the boxes the components were shipped in .
Just my personal observation.
Soooo I must say I am a little confused about our conflicting stories .
Cheers
Tony

Last edited by KiWinUS; 06-19-2015 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:26 PM   #125
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Strange ! I toured his museum about a year ago with a group & we went through a room with a table where they were being assembled . All the boxes the components were being taken from to build the cars said "Made in China " These did not look like boxes the parts were just being stored in but upon my close inspection appeared to be the boxes the components were shipped in .
Cheers
Tony
Interesting, conflicting info, for sure! I've always heard that: There are two sides to every story, and then......there is the TRUTH. DD

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
Old 06-19-2015, 03:33 PM   #126
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
Strange ! I toured his museum about a year ago with a group & we went through a room with a table where they were being assembled . All the boxes the components were being taken from to build the cars said "Made in China " These did not look like boxes the parts were just being stored in but upon my close inspection appeared to be the boxes the components were shipped in .
Cheers
Tony
Tony

If D.C. need some kits. I know someone that has the USA made kits for sale. They might go cheap business has be very slow.

Peace
Old 06-19-2015, 05:19 PM   #127
glennsanders

I saw them being built and so did john and also we talked to Dennis in his factory about the rumours. That what it is rumours. Tony you calling us liars.Come on man what do I to have gain.My word still means the truth. Can you all say that.

Last edited by glennsanders; 06-19-2015 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:42 PM   #128
glennsanders

Talking to Dennis C his business is doing great .Hot rod how is it you know he's slow are you spreading rumors are you have some facts to back your words.Got it you don't like DC that's your problem. But get your facts straight before you talk trash about someone business.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:29 PM   #129
Milt K from Pa

I also toured Carpenters plant and saw the machining of the carbs. He does not do the casting of the raw components, but I heard them say the were US made and I believe locally done. He also now has 160 employees, great hobby supporter.
Milt K from Pa
Milt K from Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:01 PM   #130
TJ

Quote:
Sorry you could not make it Tom. Are you thinking about coming to Brainerd? Several of us from RG36 are planning to be there.
John, I won't make Brainerd. We will make the Black Hills Tour in Sept. and next year we will be going to Oklahoma.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:08 PM   #131
KiWinUS

Quote:
I saw them being built and so did john and also we talked to Dennis in his factory about the rumours. That what it is rumours. Tony you calling us liars.Come on man what do I to have gain.My word still means the truth. Can you all say that.
Glenn I am not calling you anything !!!
I were with a large group , we all seen the same , we are all from the Charlotte area . What do we have to gain ???? My word has always been nothing but the truth !!! Are you suggesting otherwise ? if so come clean !!!
All I know & have stated is what we all seen ! Do you know what the "Law" requires to call a product "American Made "? If so Please , Do tell !!!
Old 06-19-2015, 08:13 PM   #132
KiWinUS

Quote:
Talking to Dennis C his business is doing great .Hot rod how is it you know he's slow are you spreading rumors are you have some facts to back your words.Got it you don't like DC that's your problem. But get your facts straight before you talk trash about someone business.
I have Zero problem with "DC" , but I do know what we all seen !!!
If you read correctly Glenn , I don't believe Hot Rod is even talking about "D C"
Again I am not talking "Trash " , but we all know what we seen !!!
Cheers
Tony
Old 06-19-2015, 08:24 PM   #133
VeryTangled

Hey guys...

http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142543

The above thread got *CLOSED* after 120 posts, and almost 9k views.

Was supposed to be photos from the Gettysburg meet but it spiraled out of control.

Think about it, please?

Thanks.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:04 AM   #134
KiWinUS

Point taken V.T. Again John thanks for sharing all the great pics !!!!
Cheers
Tony
Old 06-20-2015, 05:55 AM   #135
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Point taken V.T. Again John thanks for sharing all the great pics !!!!
Cheers
Tony
You are welcome Tony. I like taking pictures at these events, and posting them for folks who could not attend. This may be the next best thing to actually being there. Hoping to do the same next month at the CNM in Brainerd, Minnesota.

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 06-20-2015 at 10:49 AM.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:41 AM   #136
glennsanders

Just trying to answering a question about the carbs.Thanks for the pic's John.See ya in Minn
Old 06-22-2015, 07:20 AM   #137
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
I have Zero problem with "DC" , but I do know what we all seen !!!
If you read correctly Glenn , I don't believe Hot Rod is even talking about "D C"
Again I am not talking "Trash " , but we all know what we seen !!!
Cheers
Tony
Tony

Thanks for take up for me Tony. I was not talking about D.C. It was private joke between me and Tony. I don't know how much D.C. carb parts are made in the USA. If Tony said he saw Chine boxes in DC warehouse I believe him. Looking at America cars manufactures (Ford, Chev. Mopar) how may those parts are made in America. . Remember that D.C. is there to make profit. It is a business.

Early V8 Shows needs to look at expanding its base. In 20 years there will be no Early V8 Shows.

Peace

Last edited by HOTROD_WILLIE; 06-22-2015 at 10:08 AM.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:41 AM   #138
JM 35 Sedan

As a final note on this post, I would like to thank those folks in the Piedmont Regional Group #52 for their hard work and the fine job they did of hosting the EFV-8C/A's 2015 Eastern National Meet in Concord, NC.

I am now looking forward to attending the Central National Meet in Brainerd, Minnesota, July 12 - 16. If you haven't signed up for this meet, there is still time to do so and enjoy all that has been planned for this meet by the Twin Cities Regional Group #46.

For those who are constantly criticizing the EFV-8 Club, at any opportunity they can find, I say instead of complaining so much, join the club and help work from within the organization to make the changes you feel may be necessary. It is always easier to stand on the sidelines and criticize rather than to join in and help out to make a difference.

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 06-22-2015 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:23 AM   #139
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
As a final note on this post, I would like to thank those folks in the Piedmont Regional Group #52 for their hard work and the fine job they did of hosting the EFV-8C/A's 2015 Eastern National Meet in Concord, NC.

I am now looking forward to attending the Central National Meet in Brainerd, Minnesota, July 12 - 16. If you haven't signed up for this meet, there is still time to do so and enjoy all that has been planned for this meet by the Twin Cities Regional Group #46.

For those who are constantly criticizing the EFV-8 Club, at any opportunity they can find, I say instead of complaining so much, join the club and help work from within the organization to make the changes you feel may be necessary.
John

Thanks for the invite but no thanks. I already done that and been there. I have been member many car clubs and church groups. Your group is well establish w/ member that you already have. Reviewing the pic looks like your show was very successful show. The show had a lot very nice early fords. John thanks again for the pics. Keep the show as it is, it is working great for your members. Hope the V-8 club legacy will cont.

Thanks again

Last edited by HOTROD_WILLIE; 06-22-2015 at 03:48 PM.