Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-31-2020, 03:55 PM   #1
cas3

Default 34 window channels

i'll try a new approach. trying to install vintique window channel kits. i said they look ok, well before i tried to install them. in the blue instruction sheet they say short channel rear, long channel front. the photos in red primer show them installed backwards in the door, which is as close to fitting as they can be. rear too long, front too short. remember my window glass channel was marked backwards too! same employee i suspect! next, in the photo of an original window channel in my other wreck, a 34 tudor, you can see the fuzzy channel ends exactly at the end of the door channel, and the clip fits nicely in to the end like it was made for it. BUT there is no space for the rubber bumper/bottom stops. where does it go? there are none in either door of my tudor, but they could be just gone. i tried to bend one of the clips to hold the rubber, thats not going to work, and the clips look very fragile, i hate to break them, they all have a different shape now and will need to be bent. if the glass doesnt go down all the way i could just run a screw into the rubber. but before i go chopping things up i'd like to hear how all this is supposed to be mounted. also, the little clip at the top of the new channel has no chance in hell of going into the square hole in the door, do they get ground down to fit in then bent to hold? never done it before, i didnt take it apart, and my 34 book is at the upholstery shop with my seat. need help! thanks , skip
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0613.JPG (79.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0611.JPG (122.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0614.JPG (89.1 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0615.JPG (103.1 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0617.JPG (59.4 KB, 37 views)
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote