Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-29-2018, 03:42 PM   #21
ford nut

Default Re: 1936 Ford Pines trim kit

I've got a friend with a 56 chevy, and he's got every accessory ever made for it attached to it, that you're not sure what's under there. there's no way I would drill any extra holes to mount any of this stuff either. for some reason, I don't mind the pines winterfront grill for the 32 though.
ford nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:01 PM   #22
scicala

To me, it takes away from the nice '36 grill.

Sal
scicala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:16 PM   #23
mercman from oz

Thanks to Don for posting this picture, As you can see, this trim is called "Pines Custom Trim". Apparently, the Pines Winter Front is a completely different part that partly covers the Grille so as the water in the Radiator keeps warmer in cold weather.
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 05:26 PM   #24
Vic Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kube View Post
I rest my case...
I guess it's just too bad that we all can't all be as cool as you Kube
Old 01-29-2018, 05:29 PM   #25
Vic Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
Vic, since you have exra space in the garage now, we'll start searching for a 36 for you.
Sounds good to me John. In the meantime, I could take care of that '35 3 Window of yours... It's probably longing for the warm Florida weather it left when you took it up North...
Old 01-29-2018, 05:30 PM   #26
Rusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50droptop View Post
Never seen vent windows on a '36? What's the story on those??
A couple companies offered them, Fulton being one.
Rusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 07:15 PM   #27
Kube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Piano View Post
I guess it's just too bad that we all can't all be as cool as you Kube
Thanks Vic!
Old 01-29-2018, 07:20 PM   #28
KiWinUS

I purchased my 36 in avatar in 1973 & are second owner, it did not have the "Pines Trim" the next year I brought a Hot Rod mag & it had a pic of 36 with "Pines Trim" I instantly fell in love with it (still have the Hot Rod mag also) It took me many more years of looking before I found a set for sale here in the US , although it was in great shape & re-chromed it did not come with mounting brackets or the even harder to find "Pines Trim Bullnose" . I made my own mounting clips but have not drilled any additional holes . I then purchased a Bob Drake aluminum bullnose & modified it to work. I have since found the very rare correct bullnose.that goes with the trim.
We are all different (thank goodness) & have different tastes, some like standards some like Deluxe , some like over restored some like original . Me I like em all & I love period correct & dealer installed accessories. I am really glad so many people dont like The 36 "Pines Trim" other wise I may never have found it!! I wiil say that it sure attracts way more people when I take it any place than if I take my boss's beatifull 40 coupe.
Now the hood trim in question is not "Pines" but is called "Fulton Feather Hood Trim" I have a nice set of this also .
The wind wings in the door windows as previously stated were made by many including Fulton & yes I have some of them also along with many other accessories.
Not sure of the Pines trim value but I sure would like another set for my coupe.
Great thread!!!
Cheers
Tony
KiWinUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:40 PM   #29
JM 35 Sedan

I'm thinking the styling appeal of the Cord automobile of that era was the inspiration for the 36 Ford Pines Trim Accessory.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 36 Cord.jpg (36.7 KB, 26 views)

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 09:39 PM   #30
ford nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiWinUS View Post
I purchased my 36 in avatar in 1973 & are second owner, it did not have the "Pines Trim" the next year I brought a Hot Rod mag & it had a pic of 36 with "Pines Trim" I instantly fell in love with it (still have the Hot Rod mag also) It took me many more years of looking before I found a set for sale here in the US , although it was in great shape & re-chromed it did not come with mounting brackets or the even harder to find "Pines Trim Bullnose" . I made my own mounting clips but have not drilled any additional holes . I then purchased a Bob Drake aluminum bullnose & modified it to work. I have since found the very rare correct bullnose.that goes with the trim.
We are all different (thank goodness) & have different tastes, some like standards some like Deluxe , some like over restored some like original . Me I like em all & I love period correct & dealer installed accessories. I am really glad so many people dont like The 36 "Pines Trim" other wise I may never have found it!! I wiil say that it sure attracts way more people when I take it any place than if I take my boss's beatifull 40 coupe.
Now the hood trim in question is not "Pines" but is called "Fulton Feather Hood Trim" I have a nice set of this also .
The wind wings in the door windows as previously stated were made by many including Fulton & yes I have some of them also along with many other accessories.
Not sure of the Pines trim value but I sure would like another set for my coupe.
Great thread!!!
Cheers
Tony
vive la difference! good luck with your hunt.
ford nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:02 PM   #31
Concept Cars

Thanks to all who replied, I've learned a lot. I still like the trim kit, now on to the search for a set of "Pines Custom Trim"!
Concept Cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:47 PM   #32
KiWinUS

Quote:
Great thread!!!
Cheers
Tony
I also have original sales & installation brochures somewhere. I think my brochures are different than what is posted , wish I had those also.
Cheers
KiWinUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:32 PM   #33
DavidG

To each his own.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:56 PM   #34
Rusk

Quote:
Great thread!!!
Cheers
Tony
Agreed.

I'm a fan of the Feather Tips as well...I have a set, but since I'll be running a painted grill on the 3 window, I'm not sure if it'll look right.

On another note, I saw a picture of what was claimed to be Pines trim for a '35. Anyone seen that? It's pretty subtle.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:00 PM   #35
Rusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dueces View Post
Anybody know what the value of this kit would be in good used condition?
According to this (and some of the guys here), somewhere around $10-15
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PinesBrochure.jpg (57.5 KB, 27 views)
Old 01-31-2018, 02:08 PM   #36
FlatheadTed

Send a message via AIM to FlatheadTed

There's a guy here who has three sets of Fulton hood tips /trim and only one 36car ,Ted

Flathead Ted brake Floaters ,
FlatheadTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:02 PM   #37
3Dueces

Needs a few more zeros behind it Brian...
3Dueces is offline   Reply With Quote