Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-21-2010, 01:27 AM   #1
Dan McEachern

Default Stolen car alert-1911 emf-pitsburg, ca

Hello Everyone- I just found out about this earlier today- please pass the word to your local club members and friends. This could happen to any one of us. A member of the local HCCA chapter had his truck and trailer stolen from in front of his home in Pitsburg,CA last night. Worst part is his restored 1911 EMF was in the trailer.

Please send this to all your old car friends and clubs so Don and Joyce can get their car back.

Here is Don's e-mail with the information:

Everything was at my home in Pittsburg. Police reports have been made.

The truck is a white Ford F250 1996 with a white camper shell. It is a 2-door cab and a half with a short bed. License Plate Calif #5M67546. Mileage is about 40,000. Very clean and loaded.

The enclosed trailer is a black color 16' x 8' x 7' with a rear door ramp, tandem axle, with the large HCCA decal on the top right corner of the rear door. License #4GV7121 and is California permanent trailer tag. Trailer has an electric winch mounted inside.

The EMF ia a 1911 5-passenger touring complete car black fenders and burgundy body, excellent brass with speedometer (Stewart & Clark 26). All brass have cloth covers. License # HC 4978. Engine # 22959.

Also in the pick-up are a pair of all brass Solar 1177 headlights for a 1911 Chalmers. There is CMC on the bonnet. Lights have burners and glass reflectors.
Please respond to me at"imnuts4fords(AT)comcast.net" Thanks. Feel free to forward to friends and other car clubs. Thanks.

Don & Joyce Azevedo
Dan McEachern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
'29wagon

Default Re: Stolen car alert-1911 emf-pitsburg, ca

i hate to hear this sad news, i lost one trailer a few years ago and only hope your items are recovered. in search of recovery devices can anyone add input to what might be the better gps tracking device to hide, maybe they work maybe some don't.

http://www.rmtracking.com/gpsproduct...rt_tracker.php
'29wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
Jack Innes

Quote:
Originally Posted by '29wagon View Post
i hate to hear this sad news, i lost one trailer a few years ago and only hope your items are recovered. in search of recovery devices can anyone add input to what might be the better gps tracking device to hide, maybe they work maybe some don't.

http://www.rmtracking.com/gpsproduct...rt_tracker.php
Looks like a good idea. If you go to some of your local "We give credit to anyone" car dealers (at up to 35% interest) you might find out what works best in your area.
They often hide these in higher value cars sold to high risk customers - usually with the no start or shut down option. They just send the repo man to the indicated location.

I am giving serious consideration to one in my enclosed trailer since that seems to be the main target & often the car inside just gets caught up in the theft.
Jack Innes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
Model T Monte

Jack, I have game trail cameras placed around for idenity purposes. But I could loan you my wife to tie up to your trailor, she`s meaner than any junk-yard dog but watch her when you go out to feed her, she`s bad to snap! Monte
Model T Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:54 PM   #5
Thriftmaster

Hello: As this board is associated with the HAMB it might be in your best interest to post all this information and pictures if possible there as well. They may build different styles of cars than most of the members here do but they still hate theives and will offer assistance where ever they can.
Thriftmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:20 AM   #6
Jack Innes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thriftmaster View Post
Hello: As this board is associated with the HAMB it might be in your best interest to post all this information and pictures if possible there as well. They may build different styles of cars than most of the members here do but they still hate theives and will offer assistance where ever they can.

It has been posted there 5 times by 5 different people but it would not hurt to do it again. Things move way down the list quickly there.
Jack Innes is offline   Reply With Quote