Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-23-2017, 12:06 PM   #21
Bob C

Default Re: Congratulations JOOP Finding Wayne Carini's Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom from Drippin' View Post
Can someone please explain both the distributor and head modifications. I'v never seen 'em before.
The head and distributor drive are from Charlie Yapp. The head is the
8 plug Lion Speed Head. http://www.secretsofspeed.com/speed-parts.htm

Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yap1.jpg (23.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg yap2.jpg (37.1 KB, 24 views)
Bob C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:41 PM   #22
Tom from Drippin'

Thanks, Bob
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 01-23-2017, 01:46 PM   #23
barnstuf

I am trying to put 2 + 2 together and get a 4. In the 1950's I met Bob Carini who as I recall was from Glastonbury CT. Bob restored a 400A for Mrs. Esther Larson who established the Captain Paul Model A Ford Museum whose goal was to feature a Model A of each body style. I recall a Town Car, Station Wagon a 400A and one or two more Model A's when the MARC Club held a meet there that I attended. The museum only lasted a few years and was closed and the cars sold. I understood Bob Carini acquired the 400A from Mrs Larson. I last saw Bob Carini maybe 6 or 7 years ago when he was visiting Cape Cod and he looked me up. We discussed old times in early years of the MARC club but nothing about the 400A came up in the conversation. I know Bob had children and I am guessing Wayne is his son. I heard, not reliably, that Bob has passed on. And I would like to say HELLO to Joop who I have not seen for quite a few years but our friendship spans a great many years. Rich B.
barnstuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:59 AM   #24
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstuf View Post
I heard, not reliably, that Bob has passed on.
True, His Mom Dec 28, 2015 and his dad Jan 8, 2016.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:37 AM   #25
2manycars

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstuf View Post
I am trying to put 2 + 2 together and get a 4. In the 1950's I met Bob Carini who as I recall was from Glastonbury CT. Bob restored a 400A for Mrs. Esther Larson who established the Captain Paul Model A Ford Museum whose goal was to feature a Model A of each body style. I recall a Town Car, Station Wagon a 400A and one or two more Model A's when the MARC Club held a meet there that I attended. The museum only lasted a few years and was closed and the cars sold. I understood Bob Carini acquired the 400A from Mrs Larson. I last saw Bob Carini maybe 6 or 7 years ago when he was visiting Cape Cod and he looked me up. We discussed old times in early years of the MARC club but nothing about the 400A came up in the conversation. I know Bob had children and I am guessing Wayne is his son. I heard, not reliably, that Bob has passed on. And I would like to say HELLO to Joop who I have not seen for quite a few years but our friendship spans a great many years. Rich B.
You are right Rich. I was also at that meet, and she had built that museum to get her son interested in model A fords, from what I had heard. The son is still alive, and I see him at meets occasionally. That station wagon was restored all by hand by an old Italian cabinet maker, and reportedly cost $9,000, which was a fortune when a model A normally brought prices in the hundreds, not thousands.
Bob Carini had a body shop in Glastonbury, and restored several model A;s to a high standard. His signature was to paint a thin silver stripe on each tire. I talked to him at Wayne's facility in Portland shortly before he died, and he remembered my father, who was active in the club until he died in 1981.