Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-21-2015, 05:02 PM   #1
larrys40

Default 2015 Missouri Valley Region Start UP Party video

Hey gang,

Every year for the last 22 years our Missouri Valley Region MARC has done a start up party where we take a car that is generally unrestored and do a start up on it and try to get it running in anywhere from 15 minutes to a couple of hours. We have done everything from cars with stuck valves/broken pistons/pulling oil pans to replacing timing gears and so forth to get them running. We swap the bolt on's if we have to and of course do this against the clock. My since past mentor Terry Oberer started the tradition 22 years ago... in 2013 we did my own 68C which was probably one of the harder ones, and have done a '28 leatherback that had a broken piston. Terry passed away in 2012 but Mark Schenberg here in St. Louis who owns Car-Doc and myself are carrying on the tradition. Mark supplies the facility and I usually find the car and supply the parts and start with technical guidance. I'm the one in the green shirt. We just had it this past Saturday at Car - Docs new fabulous facility. Our subject Nellie was probably the easiest but nevertheless.. you just don't know what surprises you might find. I did have to borrow a coil wire from another members car to his surprise. Look for that on the video. I hope you enjoy the few minutes of video.

We had about 90 of our club members in attendance... one of our largest events of the year. Model A's want to run... so it's really not all that hard.
Special thanks to our video folks at Tower video for their outstanding work.

Check out the video link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWe8Ex_aWTI

Larry Shepard
St. charles, MO
larrys40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:10 PM   #2
P.S.

Default Re: 2015 Missouri Valley Region Start UP Party video

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrys40 View Post
Hey gang,

Every year for the last 22 years our Missouri Valley Region MARC has done a start up party where we take a car that is generally unrestored and do a start up on it and try to get it running in anywhere from 15 minutes to a couple of hours. We have done everything from cars with stuck valves/broken pistons/pulling oil pans to replacing timing gears and so forth to get them running. We swap the bolt on's if we have to and of course do this against the clock. My since past mentor Terry Oberer started the tradition 22 years ago... in 2013 we did my own 68C which was probably one of the harder ones, and have done a '28 leatherback that had a broken piston. Terry passed away in 2012 but Mark Schenberg here in St. Louis who owns Car-Doc and myself are carrying on the tradition. Mark supplies the facility and I usually find the car and supply the parts and start with technical guidance. I'm the one in the green shirt. We just had it this past Saturday at Car - Docs new fabulous facility. Our subject Nellie was probably the easiest but nevertheless.. you just don't know what surprises you might find. I did have to borrow a coil wire from another members car to his surprise. Look for that on the video. I hope you enjoy the few minutes of video.

We had about 90 of our club members in attendance... one of our largest events of the year. Model A's want to run... so it's really not all that hard.
Special thanks to our video folks at Tower video for their outstanding work.

Check out the video link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWe8Ex_aWTI

Larry Shepard
St. charles, MO

That was a LOT of fun!! Very well done!
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:18 PM   #3
larrys40

It was a lot of fun. Rich Dann also posted it on another post. Either way check it out. It is one of our annual highlights.

Larry Shepard
larrys40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:17 AM   #4
BlueSunoco

That was very neat and professional! WELL DONE I enjoyed watching it!
BlueSunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:19 AM   #5
TinCup

Well done sir, well done.
TinCup is offline   Reply With Quote