Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-16-2020, 08:02 PM   #21
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: Thoughts on Hershey in Oct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar Tom View Post
Frank, If your anxious to get back to work, the first thing you have to do is volunteer at a NYC ICU for 24 hours, do without any PPE if you feel particularly brave. Next, wave off any testing or vaccine. Is your will up to date?

97% survival rate? 3% are 100% dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
Frank,

One thing you need not be worried about is a call from Stockholm advising you that you have won the Nobel Prize for humanitarian of the year. What you might considering is laying low when the families of not-so-lucky three percenters come looking for people who thought that all this was no big deal and advocate civil disobedience and abandon common sense.

Dave

VERY refreshing, Gentlemen! DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:22 PM   #22
tubman

As Bob Dylan once sang : "The times, they are a'changing".
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:31 PM   #23
Tim Ayers

Fellas:

I didn't start this thread for it to go down this path. I was truly hoping to hear or talk about some good news and to maybe to start to see some light in all of this bleakness and sadness.

As a person who lost a best friend (49 y.o.- 3 kids) to the virus, that 3% hit me like a 100% ton of bricks.

In NJ, I can tell you this virus is wrecking families, businesses, and communities.

I think we need to put our faith in the experts and do as they say, so we can avoid those early AM phone calls telling you a loved one has died.

I am still upset by the fact that my friend died alone in the hospital while his family sat at home heart broken that their father and a husband struggled to breath.

On Monday, NJ has almost 900 deaths due to COVID. It's real enough to those 900 families.

Last edited by Tim Ayers; 04-16-2020 at 09:37 PM.
Tim Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:46 PM   #24
Jay in Mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct1932ford View Post
Pray to God this is over by Hershey and pray for all those infected and their families. At my age missing a Hershey is a big deal, but remember it could always be worse. God Bless!
ct1932ford I agree with you. We need to pray that God takes all of this sickness away.
Jay in Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:50 PM   #25
Charlie Stephens

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGS View Post
Has there ever been a "vaccine" for a virus?
Ken
BTW Is the West Grove Hospital still in existence ? My Grandmother was a nurse there back in the thirties. They lived on Jackson Ave.
I believe that the flu is caused by a virus, have you got your flu shot?

Charlie Stephens
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 07:54 AM   #26
Frank Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
Frank,

One thing you need not be worried about is a call from Stockholm advising you that you have won the Nobel Prize for humanitarian of the year. What you might consider doing is laying low when the families of not-so-lucky three percenters come looking for people who thought that all this was no big deal and advocate civil disobedience and abandon common sense.

Dave
I'm one of the few that has actually thought of the victims as a result of this quarantine. Talk to your local police department and you'll already see an increase in domestic violence cases. Abused kids are often spotted first by teachers they no longer see. Child services are all but shut down. There is also an increase in suicide hot line calls.
On June 6 1944 Churchill and Roosevelt made the decision to kill thousands of people to take that beach because they thought it was worth it to save our country. I believe, and I may be wrong, we are killing our country to try and save a few lives to one disease where we will lose some in different ways.
We aalso squandered thousands of young lives in Korea and Vietnam because of our government's propaganda that we should fear communism. These experts have lied to us so much i do not know how anyone can trust what they say.
We are not going to save everyone and no one gets out alive. But understand this quarantine is also taking lives that the slanted media will not dwell on.
Old 04-17-2020, 08:53 AM   #27
richard crow

if we all get on our knees & ask god to stop this it will happen o yea of little fate when i was in itealy years ago i saw a big building with a stature on the top i was told it was daved he was putting a sord in it,s sabet i was told that the people prayed to end the plage & that if it did they would build this moumint i probly have the facts wrong but i am sure some one on the barn can correct me PLEASE PRAY FOR GODS HELP HE HEARS EVERY PRAIR
richard crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 08:57 AM   #28
Merc Cruzer

Have you all noticed that the robo calls have stopped since the coronavirus? Did social distancing close down the call centers?

Last edited by Merc Cruzer; 04-17-2020 at 10:18 AM.
Merc Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:16 AM   #29
Tim Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc Cruzer View Post
Have you all noticed that the robo calls have stopped since the coronavirus?
Haha. Yes. Now there is certainly a silver lining to all of this! LOL!
Tim Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote