Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Archives > Model-T

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #1

Default Next Generation of T drivers

<center></center>

Thought some might enjoy seeing a photo of the &quot;next generation&quot; of Model T drivers. My 15 year old son Kevin, and his 11 year old brother Shawn (on the ground in the photo) spent the afternoon removing the transmission cover from Kevin's T chassis. The fellow we bought it from had put it on, even though the clutch release forks were so badly bent that the clutch shaft had about 1&quot; of lateral movement in the cover. Kevin has another cover to install in it's place. He is still vaccillating back and forth about what kind of body to put on the chassis; he talks about speedsters or a wood-bodied pickup, but he would really like a roadster or coupe body. Unfortunately for him, I don't have sheet metal parts for either. Maybe we'll find some, somewhere. Anyway, I am lucky in that both boys are interested in the hobby and in the preservation of the cars. Just a bit of &quot;proud dad&quot; bragging, I guess!

Ken

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #2

Default Re: Next Generation of T drivers

You're very fortunate to have both kids interested in the T. One of my sons has his eyes on my '24 coupe. I have to hold him off for a little while.

Nice picture.

Roger

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #3

Default Re: Next Generation of T drivers (not at my house)

I also have a 11 year old son.Doesn't now a screwdriver from a wrench (I am not kidding) He has been playing baseball sence he was 5. He met a pitching coach from a local AAA team 2 years ago, Is now there offical ball boy.Oh, I almost forgot countless hrs of Nentendo &amp; Segadreamcast.

Bob

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #4

Default I'm an accessory!

*laugh* I'm an accessory to all of this - Bob's son and I trade video games!

Doc

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #5

Default Re: I can relate to that

<center></center>

My son is 16 and will be driving in this years tour in Maryland.

Here a couple of him &quot;at work&quot;.

&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.cimorelli.com/oldcars/mod...ling_motor.jpg

&quot;&gt;

He's helped pull 3 motors now. I think he's ready to enjoy the fruits of his labor.

It sure is nice to have an extra set of hands around and not just sending them for a wrench.