Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
Lowbuckboz

Default A little faith in humanity....

Last Tuesday, July 9th, I drove down to Ashland VA to meet a fellow I'd never met before for a trade. He was coming out of Georgia and I from Jersey. I was bringing my 31 A truck and he had in tow his 29 A Roadster. We meet at a truck stop, introduced ourselves and inspected each others vehicles. Everything was as stated, zero surprises. What a super nice guy! A retired southern gentleman. We had a little fuel issue with the roadster and a coolant issue with the truck, all of which where resolved. Ya know, 70 mph on a trailer is hard on a 80 something year old car! ESP on rt 95. We signed off on our paper work, had a cold sweet tea and parted ways! I now consider him a friend and would love to be adopted and move out of Jersey. Don't know if he'd agree to the latter part! Either way, what a great experience and a little faith in humanity! Thanks Chris! And I hope you enjoy your new truck! Ya don't meet people like that everyday!
Old 07-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #2
duffer

Default Re: A little faith in humanity....

Us Model A guys are one of a kind.
duffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #3
jkeesey

I for one have noticed Model A guys are the nicest and most approachable people in the antique car industry. I work in the industry so I meet all aspects of the market.
jkeesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #4
1931 flamingo

Glad it worked out as there are many horror stories.
Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
modelAtony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowbuckboz View Post
Last Tuesday, July 9th, I drove down to Ashland VA to meet a fellow I'd never met before for a trade. He was coming out of Georgia and I from Jersey. I was bringing my 31 A truck and he had in tow his 29 A Roadster. We meet at a truck stop, introduced ourselves and inspected each others vehicles. Everything was as stated, zero surprises. What a super nice guy! A retired southern gentleman. We had a little fuel issue with the roadster and a coolant issue with the truck, all of which where resolved. Ya know, 70 mph on a trailer is hard on a 80 something year old car! ESP on rt 95. We signed off on our paper work, had a cold sweet tea and parted ways! I now consider him a friend and would love to be adopted and move out of Jersey. Don't know if he'd agree to the latter part! Either way, what a great experience and a little faith in humanity! Thanks Chris! And I hope you enjoy your new truck! Ya don't meet people like that everyday!
THANKS FOR SUCH A NICE STORY. This has just really made my afternoon, a real simple story about 2 humble souls that have never met and possibly may never meet again BUT because of this fate,the two men will probably remember each other and this experience the rest of their life . LOVE THESE MODEL A'S have fun modelAtony Lafayette, LA
modelAtony is offline   Reply With Quote