Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-03-2020, 10:37 AM   #21
Kube

Default Re: Early Ford V-8 Club of America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony, NY View Post
Maybe we can get into discussions that would turn people off? Go to your favorite tv channel and be happy.
Thanks for your concern. Rest assured, I'm happy
Old 10-07-2020, 02:35 PM   #22
1942deluxe

Mine still not here yet. Mailman maybe not done reading, ha!
1942deluxe is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 10-07-2020, 04:33 PM   #23
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by koates View Post
Just received my JULY-AUGUST issue a week ago to Australia. Delivery since the covid19 has been rather slow. But in the past several years delivery has been slower that it was some years ago even though we pay for Priority Air mail which is quite expensive these days. Got to the point where international membership is hardly worth the expense considering the magazine is our only club contact. I usually pay for 3 years membership to save a little. Our cost is at least twice the amount that USA members pay. I have been a member since 1971. Have to renew in November so need to decide soon. Regards, Kevin.
Kevin I understand -I joined when I first got my car-Great Magazine great club but it just got to expensive with international postage . There was also nothing more frustrating than getting the magazine weeks after everyone else and that part in the classifieds you had been searching for for ages had long been sold . Could they do an online version? -Karl
Old 10-07-2020, 06:59 PM   #24
flatford8

The Early Ford V8 Foundation sends their news letter on line to save money. You hav ethe option when you join.......Mark
Billy Joe Shaver
flatford8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 07:34 PM   #25
mercman from oz

Reading through these comments, in a lot of cases, it is the people in the Postal Dept that make life difficult. I remember a few years back, that a friend ordered a windscreen frame for his 1932 Ford, just the frame, no glass, and it was mailed off. After a few months of no show, he contacted the seller who told him that the said package had just been returned to the sender. There was a comment on the package stating "Over size - return to sender - Brisbane (Australia) Mail Exchange". As my mate said, one phone call and he would have come to collect it, but no, some Postal Employee playing by the rules returned it to the USA. The package was not heavy, just a touch longer that was regulation. As you can appreciate, my mate was not happy. Had another person processed this package, it would probably would have gone through with no problems. Imagine the extra cost of returning this item?
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote