Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-06-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
larry/Texas

Smile Mac's makes good

I ordered ten '40-'48 ford lug (hub) bolts from Mac's that were listed as .56 diameter which is what I needed. Upon receipt, they were smaller than .56 would not work. I called customer service and talked to Justin about the problem. He went to the bin and confirmed my problem, After talking to a supervisor, he came back and said to return them including my cost of shipping and they would credit my account. Yesterday I received a credit memo including my freight back to them.

This is what customer service is suppose to be. Congratulations Mac's for doing the right thing. I will be ordering more parts soon. Thanks.
larry/Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:30 AM   #2
ct1932ford

Default Re: Mac's makes good

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry/Texas View Post
I ordered ten '40-'48 ford lug (hub) bolts from Mac's that were listed as .56 diameter which is what I needed. Upon receipt, they were smaller than .56 would not work. I called customer service and talked to Justin about the problem. He went to the bin and confirmed my problem, After talking to a supervisor, he came back and said to return them including my cost of shipping and they would credit my account. Yesterday I received a credit memo including my freight back to them.

This is what customer service is suppose to be. Congratulations Mac's for doing the right thing. I will be ordering more parts soon. Thanks.
Not Me! Ordered gasket set from them, received wrong one. When I called they said I did not say dash (-) in the part number. The one they sent had an entirely different number. Does that make any sense? Worst part the agent got sh#^ty with me. Will never order from them again!
Old 12-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
Junknshit
Banned

Something that I have learned thru experience is:

1. Take your time before ordering to make sure you are ordering the right part. If you don't know what works with what, research it before you order it.
2. Chances are, unless you are dealing with a very small company, that the person you talk to when you call about a problem is not the one that pulled the part, or even took your order.
3. This is the most important one. If you take the time to get over being pixxed off about whatever it is that's wrong and start out with a good attitude, chances are very good that things will be resolved very quickly, and will satisfy both parties. If you call with an attitude, you have a good chance of building one on the other side. Not good. What's that saying about getting more with honey than with vinegar.

Most suppliers have competitors, and they know it.

Most suppliers know what their competitors are getting for the same product. They really don't need to hear "I can get it from so and so for X amount" (you get what you pay for" most of the time).

Most suppliers would like to have your business. (like to have, not necessarily "need")

Most suppliers don't need, or really want someone for a customer that is an Axxhole every time they call to order or complain. Believe it or not, most complaints are not the suppliers fault.

Most suppliers would like to hear from you also, if you're happy with their product or service.

Yeah there is some crap out there, and some shady dealers, but they will go away fairly fast when they aren't selling enough product.

NO, I am not a supplier of new parts, nor am I affiliated with one in any way. Just speaking from experience. Yeah, I probably was one of those axxhole customers.
Junknshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
Russ/40

John, you sure covered it. Agree with everything you said. Our reactions will most often affect the outcome. Some people just believe being aggressive from the getgo will get results. Usually it backfires, and they blame the other guy.
Russ/40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #5
Junknshit
Banned

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Russ/40, well, being aggressive will get them results, but probably not what they wanted. LOL
Junknshit is offline   Reply With Quote