Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-10-2021, 11:25 PM   #1
Tim Ayers

Default Is Jim Gordon's Early Ford Parts in Rosemead, CA still open?

Can someone tell me it Jim Gordon's Early Ford Parts in Rosemead, CA is still open?

I've been calling for about a week at all different times of the day and phone just rings. Would like to talk to Jim about a few things.

Thanks,
Tim Ayers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 03:07 AM   #2
ford38v8

Default Re: Is Jim Gordon's Early Ford Parts in Rosemead, CA still open?

Closed for about 5 years now.
Old 03-11-2021, 04:23 AM   #3
KiWinUS

He called me early last December & gave me the price of a couple of items I wanted & said pay with USPO money order. I sent it on 12/21/2020 still no parts and does not answer phone. Guess I’m out $175
KiWinUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 06:04 AM   #4
russcc

Sorry to hear that. I been to Jim's place in Rosemead and enjoyed the visit into the past.
russcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 07:11 AM   #5
Fordors

I know Gene Scott, RIP, is deceased but I do not recall when he passed. I had always heard that Jim Gordon was his son in law, and I would expect at least 20 years between their ages, so it could easily be that Jim is incapacitated or even no longer with us.
This is in no way meant to diminish what Gene (and Jim) did for the hobby but for some reason business was operated under different names all at the same time. Antique Auto Parts, Specialty Ford Parts, PSI Suspension, and probably more that I don’t remember. I always figured the various names were for tax purposes and with our myriad tax codes who could blame them for working the system.
KiWinUS it is easy enough to check if your USPS MO was cashed, did you look into that to find out?
Old 03-11-2021, 08:50 AM   #6
nickthebandit

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
i and 2 of my friends went to Gene Scott's place 3 years ago. We spent about 2 1/2 hours there with Jim Gordon. We were able to see some interesting things ,and bought some things of good quality at good prices. Uncle Max told me earlier this year that someone broke into the building and stole all of the Stromberg carburetor parts. When we were there Jim had a barrel full of the shoulder screws for the Stromberg carburetors he was selling them for $ 1.25 each. I bought 50, but I should have bought a lot more. Now, Jim's supply is gone, and you can buy new shoulder screws for $ 6.95 each. Whoever stole all of the Stromberg parts can not use that many in a lifetime, so they may be on the open maeket somewhere. Lousy thieves.
nickthebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 03:34 PM   #7
Tim Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiWinUS View Post
He called me early last December & gave me the price of a couple of items I wanted & said pay with USPO money order. I sent it on 12/21/2020 still no parts and does not answer phone. Guess I’m out $175

Tony,

I posted this same question on the HAMB. A member stopped by today and this is what Jim Gordon said. Hopefully, you'll still get your parts.

Johnny Gee said: ↑
Just got back. Good news he's still there for now. Found him coming from the metal building across the alley way in preparations to close the Garvey/Rosemead store in 3 month's time he said. Pressed him on relocation plans but he did not give up a straight answer. As for calling. It's as @hardtimesainit predicted he doesn't make phone call's a priority and said to keep trying around lunch time. What his lunch time is? Well as I said prior he doesn't give much of a straight answer. He did however say to let everyone know he's still around and happy to hear he's still thought of nation wide.
Great news.
Tim Ayers is online now   Reply With Quote