Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-24-2021, 01:29 AM   #1
V8COOPMAN

Default FREE...1949 Mercury 3-Speed + OVERDRIVE Transmission

City: Huffman
State: Texas
Price: FREE

Yup, FREE! This Merc 3-speed O/D trans came still bolted to the 8CM engine that I bought from an old farmer near Huntsville, Tx. in 1997. His son had wrecked the family Merc years prior, and they pulled the engine/trans and had stored it in rear of barn for years. It's greasy and grungy. I have never looked inside. As far as I can tell, the trans is complete. And.....it is HEAVY!

I WILL NOT SHIP this trans. I cannot physically "play" with my cars or parts any more, and this is one of the last bits of my "stash" that I'm moving on to the next caretaker.

You MUST be willing to go to a friend's shop and pick this trans up. It is located about 7 miles west of Loop 336 on the west side of Conroe, Tx. in the vicinity of FM 2854 and Honea Egypt Roads, and can be picked-up at a time that we pre-arrange. My friend will help you throw this beast in the back of your truck. Remember, it's ugly, it's dirty, and it's FREE! PM me here and we can work-out the details.

The transmission in the picture below IS NOT the transmission that I'm offering for free, but the FREE unit LOOKS LIKE the one in picture AFTER you clean all the grunge and yuckleberries off of it.

Dick Davidson (DD)

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote