Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-31-2014, 10:28 AM   #1
pgerhardt

Red face Big Model A color forum wide project

As we start a new year I had an idea for a forum wide project. As forum members try to choose a color for there A we often get questions about seeing a given model A in such and such color.

As a group we all must have thousands of pictures of all the different colors, years, and body styles of Model A Fords. The idea is to try to bring them all together in a visual database that people can access when are considering new colors for their cars. I would use the forum itself as a platform for searching through the images. A new thread with very specific naming convention would be created for each body style/year: "COLOR" - YEAR - BODY STYLE, example: Color 1929 Tudor. This would allow very general to very specific searches.

I will start each thread (category) with the color schemes as listed by the MAFCA Paint & Finish Guide. Then everyone can post a picture of that year/body style in those colors. Duplicates are not a problem since they will show the same color scheme in different lighting. Which is still valuable. All that is needed is the color name and the picture.

I'll start the first category thread with: "Color 1929 Tudor". I know, I know, that's greedy, since that is my car! But this is an easy category with only 9 options available, and as soon as we complete this one, I'll start others for the year 1929, I'll then move on to the other years. Hopefully this color database will grow into a valuable resource for everyone.

So here we go. Lets get this project started!

Last edited by pgerhardt; 12-31-2014 at 10:52 AM.
pgerhardt is offline   Reply With Quote