Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2020, 10:56 PM   #1
Newc

Default Shop ruined my '48 radiator tanks

With all the eng work done, I took my radiator [V8] to the hotshot rad shop cause the threads spun in the bottom tank. Bad petcock ect. and smashed overflow tube -old damage . Easy Fix??? Well 'they' bring out the rad and the bad petcock is soldered into the bottom tank now in a big goober mass of lead, and the overflow line is not touched. "We never done those", Well guys go to a parts store and buy some copper tubing Ok??? Ok. duh. Get a call--- Your top tank is all cracked, it's no good. HUH What's up. Go to shop and sure enough. 'they' tried to solder the tube to the top tank with toooo much heat and then Chased the cracks with the torch. Hey Mister you had a bad radiator to start with!! MY FOOT. #%$@&. It was a couple of twenty yr old kids doing the work in the shop and the 'Boss' just ran the front counter. A fancy pantsy big name local Oregon shop in Sweet Home, OR.
Good News a local V8er has another stock radiator for me! Yippee. And brasworks is 8 to 10 weeks out if you want a correct stocker for judged car. thanks for the Rant time guys Newc
Newc is offline   Reply With Quote