Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-02-2017, 10:24 PM   #1
AD1948Ford

Default 1948 Ford Dash Knob placement/Pictures

Hello again everyone. I want to make sure I put all the dash knobs and other dash items in the right order/location on the dash. Could someone send me detail pictures of the left side of the dash (close up), Center (close up) and right said (close up) of the dash so that I can confirm the accurate location for everything?

Thank you,
Aaron
AD1948Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:16 AM   #2
Charlie Stephens

Default Re: 1948 Ford Dash Knob placement/Pictures

Aaron,

It is much better if someone posts the pictures instead of sending them to you directly. If they are sent directly to you nobody else will benefit from the information. If the pictures are wrong (improper restoration) than no one else will have been able to see them and comment. Do you have a copy of the restoration guidelines form the Early Ford V8 Club, https://www.earlyfordv8.org/Shop.cfm?id=21&pid=2?

Charlie Stephens
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:38 AM   #3
rotorwrench

This info should be in the Owners Manual for the 1948 Ford cars. 1946 & 47 models were only slightly different that the 1948. We have a few 48 owners on the board but you might have to be patient to get photos.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:50 AM   #4
AD1948Ford

I meant to say post in this thread so everyone could benifit. Thanks for clarifying Charlie.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:31 AM   #5
Old Henry

Here's the left side of my car that's titled 1947 but window bugs are early 48. I'm pretty sure it is accurate for 1948.

The only four stock knobs are the starter button on the left, lights in the middle, throttle on the top right and interior light dimmer first left under the dash. I have added under the dash, from left to right, turn signal switch with buzzers, interior light switch, electric fuel pump switch, and fog light switch.

Here is the right side of my dash showing the only stock knobs on the top with the choke on the left and the cigar lighter on the right. The knobs below are the heater control knobs for my fresh air heater with the defrost knob on the left, then the fan control knob, then the air flow knob, then the water flow knob that I recently added.

Old 06-04-2017, 05:49 AM   #6
AD1948Ford

Thank you!
Old 06-28-2017, 12:40 PM   #7
Automotive Stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Henry View Post
Here's the left side of my car that's titled 1947 but window bugs are early 48. I'm pretty sure it is accurate for 1948.

The only four stock knobs are the starter button on the left, lights in the middle, throttle on the top right and interior light dimmer first left under the dash. I have added under the dash, from left to right, turn signal switch with buzzers, interior light switch, electric fuel pump switch, and fog light switch.

Here is the right side of my dash showing the only stock knobs on the top with the choke on the left and the cigar lighter on the right. The knobs below are the heater control knobs for my fresh air heater with the defrost knob on the left, then the fan control knob, then the air flow knob, then the water flow knob that I recently added.

That is a '48 column drop too.
Automotive Stud is offline   Reply With Quote