Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2010, 08:16 PM   #1
steve s

Default new 13922 Zenith carb instruction sheet

I believe that I have obtained the technical data sheet (pdf) for the "new" Zenith carb sold for the Model A Ford. Here's a picture of the carb whereof I speak, including my invoice.

Identification in the pdf is a bit ambiguous, but the carb was apparently first made in 1981 and appears to have been modified in '87, '88, and '97. The instructions provided to me by Zenith refer to "67" and "267" Series carb. The 1st-page blueprint sheet refers to model 68-8 as being the model for Model A's; it seems to me to be close to, if not the same as, the 67. Most helpful, that page also says to set main jet to 1 1/4 turns open, and the idle adjustment 3/4 turn open.

The chatter contains much interesting insights about the carb's innards, assuming that the little 67-68 model number discrepancy is not crucial. It has two floats, to accomodate operation during extreme vehicle tilt; I am hoping that this also portends extra resistance to stalling during hard stops. Also, an "economizer system" is supposed to improve mileage during part throttle operation by applying "back suction" in the fuel bowl to reduce fuel flow; this must explain why some users have noticed that a surprisingly light gas pedal is required while cruising.

I've never attempted to attach a pdf file before; hope it works, and that other, more perceptive readers will glean and share additional insights that are revealed. Wonder why not a shred of instruction is provided with the carb.

Steve
Attached Files
File Type: pdf New Zenith carb instructions.pdf (885.3 KB, 432 views)

Last edited by steve s; 08-18-2010 at 08:49 PM.
steve s is offline   Reply With Quote