Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-24-2011, 09:09 AM   #1
Modelakid31

Send a message via AIM to Modelakid31
Smile tudor chassis 98% complete but driving again!-Updated w/ Vids

Many of you know of my current april 31 Tudor Sedan restoration, well i got the chassis back together and driving around the yard yesterday. It is 98% done. I just have a few more things to paint like the rear brake rods and and the passenger rear drum (it has been too cold out here to paint) and a few othe little things. I dont have the money to rebuild the steering but my dad said we could do that this winter, so i didnt paint it i just degressed it.
Another problem was that the restored brake cross shaft that my dad gave me had the ends on backwards but i didnt notice till i went to put on the brake rods yesterday. So i had to put on the old one so i could test drive it. Only took 10 mins to swap it out not a problem. The brake shaft my dad gave me he had purchased for his cars years ago from a restorer in i think he said washington. Guess he had a long day, and started to get tired when he got to mine LOL.
Anyways i got it driving and its drives nice and nothing rattles and nothing makes any wineing or noises. Everything is tight even the steering but it is full of grease so i wanna rebuild it (dad said it should be done and i agree).

I didnt get to update my website or upload videos to my youtube last night because i had to study for my 3rd semester midterms. Im at school now and just vgot a 90 on my lighing class midterm. (Im in film school, this is my second year)

I will post an update when i get home tonight. Im gonna update my site and youtube tonight so grab a plate of your dinner and something to drink and sit at ur computer and enjoy the pics and videos! I get off the train around 515 so ill be home around 530. I plan on taking the chassis out and taking some more pictures and videos but will then go upload everything.

Pictures and videos comminng very very soon.

EDIT: see post 3 for link to videos!

Last edited by Modelakid31; 10-25-2011 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Links on post3
Modelakid31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:05 AM   #2
Tom Wesenberg

Default Re: tudor chassis 98% complete but driving again!

Ahhhhhhhh, yes, trains! The only way to travel.

Trains and the antique cars of course.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:55 AM   #3
Modelakid31

Send a message via AIM to Modelakid31
Default Re: tudor chassis 98% complete but driving again!-Updated w/ Vids

Updated my youtube with some videos just now (finally got computer to load them). I still have to update my site with pictures but my website package ran out this past weekend and i cannot update it without renewing it. Ill have to go to the bank tommorow afternoon after school and deposit 50 bucks so i can renew the site builder package i had. Plan on the pictures and site being up tommorow night along with newer HD videos with my HD Camera from school.

The Videos are here: My Youtube Channel
Modelakid31 is offline   Reply With Quote