Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-21-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
Hotrodladycrusr

Cool Anything Car Related Going on in the Clearwater/Tampa areas the weekend of Jan 14th

I'll be flying into Tampa for work on Wed Jan 12th and staying at a hotel in Clearwater. Everyone else leaves for home on Friday afternoon but I thought I'd stick around and see if I can get into some car related trouble during the long weekend as I don't fly home till Monday evening.

So, please fill me in on any car related activities, ie, cruz nights, car shows, area shops, garages museums, etc., that I shouldn't miss. I'll have a car so distance won't be an issue. I already know abou the cruz nights in Old Town and would use that as a last resort if I didn't find anything else to do.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:58 PM   #2
Evil-Eric

Default Re: Anything Car Related Going on in the Clearwater/Tampa areas the weekend of Jan 14

Garlits museum for sure!!!!

Mid month is kinda slow..maybe cruise Biff Burger in Largo...theres allways the beach! HAHAHA
Evil-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
Grandadeo

Default Re: Anything Car Related Going on in the Clearwater/Tampa areas the weekend of Jan 14

Denise, sure wish Clearwater wasn't four hours away, I'd buy you lunch. Check in with the Poor Boys. They"ll know what's shakin.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50
Grandadeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:00 PM   #4
Vic Piano

Hi Denise, We're usually messin with cars at my place on the weekends. I'm in Odessa, about a 45 minute ride from Clearwater. I don't know of any particular car related event(s) taking place in or around Tampa Bay on that weekend, usually there are several local car shows like the one at Biff Burger in Largo. As the date gets closer, PM me and I'll try to have some additional info for you. Vic
Old 12-21-2010, 06:27 PM   #5
JM 35 Sedan

Hi Denise, Meeting up with Vic and seeing his garage and collection of cars would be time well spent in my opinion. Vic hosted a Fordbarn gathering last February and we had a blast. The Don Garlits museum was also very good. I also enjoyed seeing the Ford Edison Winter Estates and Museum in Fort Myers.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 12-21-2010 at 06:32 PM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:24 PM   #6
Vic Piano

John, I hope you are planning on being at the "Barner's Bash" from March 4th to the 6th. Have a Merry Christmas. Vic
Old 12-21-2010, 09:43 PM   #7
Hotrodladycrusr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Piano View Post
Hi Denise, We're usually messin with cars at my place on the weekends. I'm in Odessa, about a 45 minute ride from Clearwater. I don't know of any particular car related event(s) taking place in or around Tampa Bay on that weekend, usually there are several local car shows like the one at Biff Burger in Largo. As the date gets closer, PM me and I'll try to have some additional info for you. Vic
I was hoping you might see this thread and offer me a peak at your collection. I'll certainly PM you when the time gets closer and we'll make plans. The Biff Burger place looks like it might be right up my alley especially if there might be a cruz night there one evening.
Thanks so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
I also enjoyed seeing the Ford Edison Winter Estates and Museum in Fort Myers.
I would enjoy seeing it as well but I'm not going to drive 150 miles each way to do so. I'll save that for another time when I'm closer.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:45 AM   #8
Vic Piano

Sounds good to me, we can even take the '39 Zephyr out for a ride.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:50 AM   #9
Hotrodladycrusr

Quote:
Sounds good to me, we can even take the '39 Zephyr out for a ride.
OMG, be still my heart! I sure hope that includes going topless
Old 12-22-2010, 09:31 AM   #10
Vic Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodladycrusr View Post
OMG, be still my heart! I sure hope that includes going topless
I'm always topless... there's no other way to travel
Old 12-22-2010, 02:34 PM   #11
Hotrodladycrusr

Quote:
I'm always topless... there's no other way to travel

Plans are coming together quicker than I thought. I'm actually going to be passing your area on my way to Weeki Wachee on that Saturday Jan 15th. Could I stop on Saturday morning then perhaps we could go to lunch in the Zephyr, my treat??
Old 12-22-2010, 03:41 PM   #12
Vic Piano

Sounds like a plan, I'm looking forward to your visit. Have a Merry Christmas and we'll see you next year. Vic
Old 12-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #13
Grandadeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodladycrusr View Post

Plans are coming together quicker than I thought. I'm actually going to be passing your area on my way to Weeki Wachee on that Saturday Jan 15th. Could I stop on Saturday morning then perhaps we could go to lunch in the Zephyr, my treat??
Anything special going on in Weeki Wachee? Have an old friend that lives near there. Might have to take a ride over.

Lee
Old 12-22-2010, 09:31 PM   #14
Hotrodladycrusr

Quote:
Sounds like a plan, I'm looking forward to your visit. Have a Merry Christmas and we'll see you next year. Vic
Marry Christmas to you and yours as well and thanks for being so hospitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandadeo View Post
Anything special going on in Weeki Wachee? Have an old friend that lives near there. Might have to take a ride over.

Lee
Yes, Glenn Hayes from the Poor Boys is throwing a BBQ/Die Cast Drags party in my honor in his garage on Saturday afternoon/evening. There's quite a few car guys in the area, both Poor Boys and friends of theirs. It's going to be a great time. There's a post on the HAMB about it. All the details aren't there yet but take a look at the thread. I'm sure you and your buddy would be more then welcome. I plan on inviting Vic as well as soon as I know the details reg time etc.

Last edited by Hotrodladycrusr; 12-23-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Hotrodladycrusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:29 AM   #15
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
John, I hope you are planning on being at the "Barner's Bash" from March 4th to the 6th. Have a Merry Christmas. Vic
Vic, I'm planning to be there. Merry Christmas to you and all you Fordbarners!!

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
Old 12-24-2010, 02:49 AM   #16
1oldtimer

snowbird!!!!!!.
1oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:24 PM   #17
Hotrodladycrusr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1oldtimer View Post
snowbird!!!!!!.
Well maybe for a couple of weekends in the wintertime.
I'm flying in SoCal on Wed Jan26th. Looking forward to seeing you that weekend at the GNRS!
Old 12-28-2010, 07:52 AM   #18
Vic Piano

Hi Denise, I just got back to the frozen south from the frozen north and I'm working on getting a bunch of my Hot Rod friends over to my place on Saturday, the 15th. Looking forward to seeing you. Vic
Old 12-28-2010, 09:58 AM   #19
Hotrodladycrusr

Quote:
Hi Denise, I just got back to the frozen south from the frozen north and I'm working on getting a bunch of my Hot Rod friends over to my place on Saturday, the 15th. Looking forward to seeing you. Vic
Oh my, Glenn from the Poor Boys called me last night and he's planning something for earlier in the day on that Saturday then I thought, 1pm start time to be exact. Do you think I could stop for a visit on Sunday the 16th instead of the 15th? If you've got other plans I completely understand but Sunday would work out much better now. I really am looking forward to meeting you and your hot rod pals and seeing all their cars.

The gig on Saturday that the Poor Boys are hosting will be held at Ted Kempgens shop and will be an open invitation for all the stop by. Live band and everything from what I've been told. Will post more info as I get it. http://www.creativemotionconcepts.com/new/default.asp
Old 12-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #20
Vic Piano

I know Glenn, sounds like he's put together a nice deal. I'm not sure about that Sunday as yet but you are welcome to stop by here on your way up to Ted's place. As the time gets closer I'll have a better idea.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:00 PM   #21
Hotrodladycrusr

Here's what Glenn posted on the HAMB, all car guys are invited.

The Florida Poor Boys and Creative Motorsports will be hosting a HotRod, Custom and Motorcycle gathering of car friends.

Date: January 15, 2011

Time: Noon - 5

27729 Miller Road
Dade City, Florida 33525

Live Band: Rock-Surf-etc.
Anyone that plays is welcome to sit in and jam with the band

Bring your own drinks!

This is all about getting together and having fun ! Tons of space to park and hang out, huge shop to tour and see all of the projects. So spread the word to the Florida car folks and lets have a great time.

Also, a group of guys are getting together for breakfast Saturday morning in Hudson. Mike from the Poor Boys posted this on the HAMB, all are invited as well

If anybody want to make an entire day of it, some of us will be having breakfast at a little place in Hudson... We meet in the parking lot around 8:30 and sit down at 9:00 am.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/rams-horn-fa...ant-the-hudson

We like to give them a days notice for setting up a big table, so if anybody is interested, PM me or email [email protected] me that you are planning on coming.

They have good prices and REALLY good ham steak.... Haaaaaaammmmm!

Vic, I plan on sleeping Friday night in Hudson, having a quick breakfast with the guys then heading over to your place at 10am like we talked about. If you and your car pals would like to join us for breakfast that would be cool or perhaps they might want to take a cruz over to CMC after your place that would be great too. My girlfriend Holly decided to tag along on this trip as well so there will be two of us car gals visiting your place.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:17 PM   #22
Vic Piano

Denise, All that sounds good, there will be several car guys over at my place Saturday morning and the guys from the Breakfast Club, that meet every Saturday at a place called "The Restaurant" (yes, that's for real)on US-19, may also show up. Looking forward to meeting you and Holly. Vic
Old 01-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #23
JerseyJim

Flying into Tampa next weekend as well. Have a house in Tarpon Springs. Have business in Orlando until 19th and then heading back to Tarpon Springs for a week of R&R. Then back up to Kissimmee for the Mecum auction and the Regional NCRS meet. Even though I am a Ford guy, I had a Vette for while and I have a lot of old Vette buddies who go to that show.

Not very much happening in central Florida as far as local shows go. I'm always looking for something to do when I go down.
JerseyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:36 PM   #24
Vic Piano

Jim, I'm in Odessa, not sure what’s going on the weekend following the 15th, but if you can, PM me when you get to Tarpon Springs. Vic
Old 01-09-2011, 12:08 AM   #25
Grandadeo

Heading over from the east coast on Friday and will be there for breakfast Saturday morning then off to the party.

Lee
Old 01-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #26
Vic Piano

Lee, If you get a chance, stop in and see us at my place in Odessa. PM me and I'll give you my address and phone number. Vic
Old 01-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #27
JerseyJim

Quote:
Jim, I'm in Odessa, not sure what’s going on the weekend following the 15th, but if you can, PM me when you get to Tarpon Springs. Vic
I'll do that Vic. Love that Zephyr!
JerseyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #28
Vic Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJim View Post
I'll do that Vic. Love that Zephyr!
Excellent Jim, Everybody loves the Zephyr, one of these days I might get her finished. Vic
Old 01-10-2011, 03:13 PM   #29
Grandadeo

Quote:
Lee, If you get a chance, stop in and see us at my place in Odessa. PM me and I'll give you my address and phone number. Vic
Thanks for the invite Vic. I'll be having breakfast with Denise and the gang so I'll tag along with her. You have to remember that my roadster has a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" engine in it so I may have to leave it out at the street at your place.

Lee
Old 01-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #30
Vic Piano

Lee, No problem, looking forward to seeing you. Vic
Old 01-11-2011, 08:56 AM   #31
Hotrodladycrusr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandadeo View Post
Thanks for the invite Vic. I'll be having breakfast with Denise and the gang so I'll tag along with her. Lee
Well if thats the case I will be riding with you topless in the roadster and your passenger can ride with Holly in the rental.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:49 AM   #32
JM 35 Sedan

Hey Denise, will you be attending the Jalopy Showdown in PA this year? If so, I will plan to look you up. I have a black '35 fordor sedan that had fake bullet holes on drivers side at last years show.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #33
Hotrodladycrusr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
Hey Denise, will you be attending the Jalopy Showdown in PA this year? If so, I will plan to look you up. I have a black '35 fordor sedan that had fake bullet holes on drivers side at last years show.
I remember seeing your car there last year and even took a photo of it. Unfortunantly the weekend of the Jalopy Showdown this year is the same weekend my one and only nephew graduates from a very prestigious all boys high school. I would be ostracized from the family if I didn't attend. There will also be a graduation party for him in the month of June, date TBD. I'm sure it will screw up another car event that I normally attend.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #34
Grandadeo

Made it to our motel at Bayonet Point around 4:00 PM. Think we'll stay put tonight and get ready for a big day tomorrow starting with breakfast with Denise and the gang.

Lee
Old 01-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #35
Vic Piano

Lee, We're looking forward to seeing everyone at my place tomorrow after breakfast, hope you brought a warm jacket... Vic
Old 01-14-2011, 11:51 PM   #36
Hotrodladycrusr

Holly and I just made it to the same motel as Lee, found his car, pounded on his door yet he wouldn't answer.... what's up with that???
Old 01-15-2011, 11:33 PM   #37
Grandadeo

What's UP with that is, as you now know ...we were in 211 and you were banging on 111. What a great day. Took us four hours to get back to Jensen Beach but it stayed pretty warm. Hope to see you out there on the blacktop again real soon.

Lee
Old 01-16-2011, 08:49 AM   #38
39coupe

Lee, it was good to meet you yesterday. Glad I noticed you going on by the restaurant, otherwise, you may have ended up in Crystal River. Glad you came over and had a good time. Mike
39coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:39 PM   #39
Grandadeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39coupe View Post
Lee, it was good to meet you yesterday. Glad I noticed you going on by the restaurant, otherwise, you may have ended up in Crystal River. Glad you came over and had a good time. Mike
Same here Mike...ah good old mapquest. It sure was fun.

Lee