Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
coop

Default think i found a bad seller here

dont really want to say much as of now,butt around 25 days ago i sent $250 dollar money order for a set of 1935 ford wire wheels.had no problem keepin contact with seller until he recieved the money order after that it got really hard to contact him,he promised to ship the wheels 3 different times the last being this monday by greyhound, called my local greyhound nothing the last time i had something shipped by greyhound from ohio to GA took only 3 days at it was the back half of a model a truck.he wont return any phone calls or emails now,also found on the HAMB he was reported as a bad seller and is no longer on there...i hope im wrong but he hasnt been on here since 12/9....
coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #2
Seth Swoboda

Default Re: think i found a bad seller here

I have never had good luck shipping with Greyhound, worse than USPS. They lost a set of $500 doors for my 39 pickup coming from Montana to Illinois. Greyhound is cheap, but like thowing darts blindfolded, risky. When I had my problem I called the seller out on fordbarn and he insisted he shipped them. Once I called him out he got interested in helping me find them. In the end Greyhound had misplaced them in a warehouse in Chicago for weeks on end. From the time the seller recieved payment, until I actually had my doors in my hand, took over 2 months. The lesson I learned was NEVER ship Greyhound. Pay a little more and use FedEx or UPS. When you ship with these two they have tracking numbers and will help you find your packages.

I hope you get your wheels soon.
Seth Swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:59 PM   #3
TEX29

Well, there you have it. What's the bums name?
TEX29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #4
coop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Swoboda View Post
I have never had good luck shipping with Greyhound, worse than USPS. They lost a set of $500 doors for my 39 pickup coming from Montana to Illinois. Greyhound is cheap, but like thowing darts blindfolded, risky. When I had my problem I called the seller out on fordbarn and he insisted he shipped them. Once I called him out he got interested in helping me find them. In the end Greyhound had misplaced them in a warehouse in Chicago for weeks on end. From the time the seller recieved payment, until I actually had my doors in my hand, took over 2 months. The lesson I learned was NEVER ship Greyhound. Pay a little more and use FedEx or UPS. When you ship with these two they have tracking numbers and will help you find your packages.

i never had a problem with greyhound,this could be the first...
Old 12-23-2011, 03:08 PM   #5
coop

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX29 View Post
Well, there you have it. What's the bums name?
if nothing shows up ill post forum name and his name and add along with phone #
Old 12-23-2011, 03:43 PM   #6
Tinker

Sorry to hear this. Ya give it a few days, it is holiday shipping time. Although you've had a lot of broken promises already.

Greyhound has worked okay for me, but have only done it a couple times. Come to think of it they put a fender on a bus going the other way once and I had to wait a few more days to be re-routed... always received the item.

Let people know so maybe they won't get taken as well.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:44 PM   #7
Seth Swoboda

The reason why I posted my sellers name was he wasn't making an attempt to help me locate them. He always answered my calls and emails but he had his money so he just kept saying he shipped them and they would eventually show up. Well as 2 months went by, telling me it would eventually show up doesn't cut it. It was time to make him get proactive in the search. When his name was on the barn with a full explanation of events he got real interested in helping me.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:48 PM   #8
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
I have never had good luck shipping with Greyhound, worse than USPS. Pay a little more and use FedEx or UPS. When you ship with these two they have tracking numbers and will help you find your packages.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhmjJCBQ-cA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=sgAq_KnDIPc

But at least they got it right?
Old 12-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #9
flatheadute1934
BANNED

Bought and item from a scumbag lied about what is was. Doctored up to look the part. Have filed a mail order farud case against him. Have bought many items on the ford barn and this has been the only problem. Scumbag name is. Dana smith

Last edited by flatheadute1934; 04-22-2013 at 11:49 AM.
flatheadute1934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #10
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatheadute1934 View Post
Bought and item from a scumbag lied about what is was. Doctored up to look the part. Have filed a mail order farud case against him. Have bought many items on the ford barn and this has been the only problem.
When you win the case please post his information here.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #11
coop

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatheadute1934 View Post
Bought and item from a scumbag lied about what is was. Doctored up to look the part. Have filed a mail order farud case against him. Have bought many items on the ford barn and this has been the only problem.

i have bought several items here also.never any problem until now
Old 12-23-2011, 04:07 PM   #12
Steve Wastler

It really sucks to get taken, but I fully believe in karma, and you may never know, but what goes around comes around....
Steve Wastler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:41 PM   #13
Seth Swoboda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
Mike, i'm glad they finally got it right. At one point however, I would have been pleased if they got it to me "air mail" like the UPS man in that video! lol!
Old 12-23-2011, 04:52 PM   #14
Bruce,Upstate NY

Send copy of money order along with any info you have to the DA's office in his county. Worked twice for me. A call from the sheriff might work.
Bruce,Upstate NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:52 PM   #15
Ed Saniewski

I had a problem once with someone here on the barn. Some parts that were to be painted, I could not get him to call me back, until the sheriff sent him an e-mail. well , I got my parts back toot-sweet.

Model A Pick Up Owners and Enthusiasts
http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/group.php?groupid=5
Ed Saniewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #16
Pickupman

Quote:

I've used Greyhound with great success. They even supply me with a tracking number.
Pickupman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:12 PM   #17
31FordA1

I had the same experience with a guy from KY....
31FordA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:53 PM   #18
denis4x4

We used to get hoods via Greyhound for louvers. Never any problems. However, they stopped serving the Western slope a couple of months ago.
denis4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:26 PM   #19
RcT

...and then there are the good sellers here on the Ford Barn. I recently purchased a pair of Fulton clamp-on windwings from "Gerard"; He posts here regularly, and they came in a timely manner, very well packaged and it was a smooth deal. Unfortunately, we have no way of leaving feedback for sellers, but I have absolutely no complains with Gerard... and thank you.

Richard
RcT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:02 PM   #20
mrtexas

Only time I've been cheated in hundreds of Ebay and FordBarn transaction was by a FordBarn seller when I first got started a couple years ago. I was to buy 40 drums from him. He then proceeded to knock out the hubs and then just sent me the drums. Then I had to pay double for the hubs.
mrtexas is offline   Reply With Quote