Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-16-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
Doug Cox

Default French Lick #3 Wed.

I was in Touring class all day so only Photos of that today. The good news is that it was held "Inside" in Air condition tennis courts. It is still HOT here today but not as bad as yesterday !!!!!

We lined up at 7AM for the safety inspection and I want to tell you that it was no joke.. It was a good thing; many safety items were caught and fixed prior to Judging.

Once inside the Host club had a local Boy Scout troop help with parking the Vehicles. They had one foot square sections of plywood to park the cars on and a piece of plastic for any oil drips, (that covered my 5 or 6 drops of oil). This protected the soft surface of the tennis court. Once all the cars were parked they took the Boy Scout Troop through the vehicles to teach/show them what was going on and the different types of Model A's. Trust me it did the heart good to see the fine young people enjoying our hobby... Hats off to who ever thought of including the Boy Scouts... you are my hero...

I wish there were more Model A’s entered but those that were, were Magnificent !!!!! And I’m not exaggerating one bit!!! I tried to look at all of them and they were top of the line restorations.. It felt good to be in such a great group of vehicles..

This was not my “First Rodeo” I entered my Pickup (this year was my roadster’s turn) in touring class at Indianapolis several years ago but what I saw today would make you proud of our hobby. All I can say is that most were “Very High end Drivers”…… and everyone was having FUN,,,,,,,, It was a great Model A day here in French Lick.

Tomorrow starts early again with the grand tour…. Wheels rolling at 7AM… There will be 400-500 Model A’s making the tour to the Ohio River and Back..

I’ll post pictures tomorrow afternoon of the great adventure when I get back…

The bottom line is that a National meet is super great fun and everyone needs to make an effort to attend the next one. I have met some great new friends this outing and that’s what makes this hobby of ours so grand…

See you tomorrow,
Doug Cox
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0392.jpg (111.3 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0393.jpg (66.8 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0395.jpg (58.6 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0396.jpg (64.3 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0403.jpg (71.5 KB, 145 views)
Doug Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
Doug Cox

Default Re: French Lick Thurs.

Today was the Grand Tour. We started at 7AM and I'm just now getting back. Sorry I did not take very many photos today. I was by myself and there were Model A's EVERYWHERE. Super weather all day, and Cedar Farm is a beautiful place.

I'm heading back to Al-A-BAMA early in the morning. Maybe someone else can post tomorrow's events. This has been a grand meet. As you would expect many, many great Model A'ers...

PS. These photos are free for all to enjoy. If anyone wants to group them to make it easier, then they are more than welcome... we are all in this together,, thanks..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0434.jpg (86.8 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0436.jpg (101.5 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0437.jpg (80.4 KB, 34 views)
Doug Cox is offline   Reply With Quote