Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-12-2020, 04:08 PM   #1
jstrez5

Default 39 Ford Deluxe Robe Cord Help

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some assistance with purchasing or recreating a robe cord for my 1939 Ford Deluxe 4 Door Sedan.

With my year/model, I know the robe cord is attached to the rear of the front seat, but the assembly and attachment isn't described very well in the books I have. My best guess is the channeled bracket gets one bolt into the seat and then the second bolt goes through the robe cord end clasp and into the remaining channeled bracket hole. Lastly, the cover slides over to conceal everything.

Here is a link to the picture from the book and what currently I have. I know the robe cord material isn't original, but I believe the brackets are. This setup was available in the 1938-40 Sedan models.

https://imgur.com/a/uOd9spz

Does anyone have any experience with this? Some pictures of your setup and how it goes together would be very helpful. Also, if you know where to get an original or recreation robe cord and brackets I would be interested in that as well.

Thanks,
Jim S.
jstrez5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 06:44 PM   #2
TJ

Default Re: 39 Ford Deluxe Robe Cord Help

You will probably have to search for the material and have an upholstery shop make up the cord for you. You might check with Cartouche or maybe some of the Model A parts vendors also.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:46 AM   #3
jstrez5

Default Re: 39 Ford Deluxe Robe Cord Help

Still looking for pictures of the way your robe core set up is under the 2 covers on the back seat of your 1938 39 40 car. thank you jim s.
jstrez5 is offline   Reply With Quote