Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-17-2017, 09:39 PM   #21
rickblack

Default Re: Rare early 28 EA horn motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in Quincy View Post
Tom,

The other thing I noticed about your horn is the later style side wire connectors; also the flange has E.A. imprinted and the flange, the very early does not have E.A. imprinted on the flange. The 2 above features, according to the J.S. appear on the 2nd generation E.A. with the later cover.

Possible the horn you have was a in-between , assembled with early and later parts in order to use up parts like Ford did ? May have run out of early stamped covers and stamped some new ones without printing in order to fit the early armature frame bracket ?

I think we need a TIME MACHINE so we could go back and really see what happened on the assemble lines and at the suppliers of parts used on the very early A's; I am sure this would answer a lot of questions that seem to keep coming up from time to time.!!!!!

Ron
Hi Ron,
I just found what looks like an early FM horn by EA Laboratories. The Model A Restoration Guidelines and Judging Standards doesn't say much about it, but from what I gather, it's the first style used in 27-28. Do you have any good photos of that early horn?
Rick Black,
Medford
rickblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:15 PM   #22
Jason in TX

Default Re: Rare early 28 EA horn motor

FYI - I just posted one of these horns for sale in the classifieds on this site.... Check out the post here: https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showt...11#post1625411

See and hear a video of this horn working by clicking on the following link: https://youtu.be/cLctc9oVj-Y

Last edited by Jason in TX; 05-07-2018 at 11:17 AM.
Jason in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)