Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-11-2011, 06:59 PM   #21
Tom Cavallaro

Default Re: Classic Car Insurance

Good luck with Philadelphia Indemety...I have yet to hear from them! Got leland Ins. of CA. $170 full coverage...value at 15,000, and 300,000 50,000, with towing. Hagerty doesn't seem any different too.
Tom Cavallaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #22
Fred K-OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1931 flamingo View Post
This was discussed at length either here or on the EV8 board back in october. Do a search.
I have Haggerty.
Paul in CT
I have Haggerty for a couple of years.
Fred K-OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:03 PM   #23
denis4x4

I have Hagerty on 4 cars with full coverage and agreed values. However, I'm not going to quote a premium as the coverage is tied in to a major Encompass policy and an umbrella policy. You might want to see if your collector car policies meet the requirements set forth by the company carrying your umbrella policy (if you have one). I had to scramble to make sure everything was in order.
denis4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #24
Theo

hagerty was the only one who would insure me, since I had to register the Model A in my dads name because I cannot register the car as historic in NJ since im not 25. They are the only company that would allow a driver under 25 to be on the policy. Our coverage is $149 a year
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #25
mkmskm

I have 6 vehicles under Grundy and have for several years. The letter I received stated that Grundy had been simply the administrator for some time, and PHLY had always been the underwriter. My proof of insurance slips have had the Liberty Bell image on them for quite some time. No different than with Haggerty or some of the other companies, all they did was attract business and do the paperwork, the actual underwriter was someone else. All that changes with Grundy is that you are now working directly with the underwriter. What may be confusing is that Grundy still exists as a separate unit with other underwriters, and what PHLY now has is Grundy Worldwide. To me, its like my health insurance. My employer's plan is self funded. We have changed administrators of the plan a number of times (Aetna, Humana, Cigna..) but the plan, rules and costs are detemined by my employer. Now PHLY is just doing this themselves, and removed the redundant layer of administration that they had in Grundy.
mkmskm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:06 PM   #26
Jerry Parr WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
hagerty was the only one who would insure me, since I had to register the Model A in my dads name because I cannot register the car as historic in NJ since im not 25. They are the only company that would allow a driver under 25 to be on the policy. Our coverage is $149 a year
For many years I kept State Farm because the would insure my teenage sons as drivers of my antiques. I did have my regular car policys with them.
Jerry Parr WI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #27
Afordman31

I have had Grundy since the early 80's. I wasn't satisfied with the premium total as I had just insured the third car with them in September. I tried for a month to get answers from PHLY, they couldn't answer my questions, said that a underwriter would call me, but never did. I was going to be out of Insurance waiting for them to call me back. When I tried to call I sat and sat waiting for the next available person. Finally I had enough and called Hagerty. They bent over backwards and the process was done online, within three hours total (not all online or the telephone) everything was in place. I recommend Hagerty over PHLY
Afordman31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #28
wildwilly

I also have Hagerty.
wildwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:51 PM   #29
shepsvettes

I have Grundy on 4 cars 3 Corvettes and my Model A 100K coverage for everything $935 per year. I will stay with them unless they raise the price very much.
shepsvettes is offline   Reply With Quote