Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-13-2014, 07:28 PM   #1
clocey

Question Model A club in Iowa Quad Cities

I have had my A for almost a year and the most disappointing part of ownership is the lack of a Model A club in my local area. I live on the Iowa side of a metro area that spans across the Mississippi River. I assume the major reason there is not a Model A club in the area is due to the split community. I would not mind being part of a club on the Illinois side of the river.
For those 'Barners who live in or around the Quad Cities, do any of you have interested in starting a new Model A club? I have helped run a classic truck club years ago in the area and I would be willing to do a lot to get this going.
My hope would be to have a club where we can show off our cars along with spending some time in the grange helping each other out with various projects.

Curt
Old 01-14-2014, 03:51 PM   #2
OL JENNY

Default Re: Model A club in Iowa Quad Cities

Curt, I think it would be great if there was enough interest to get a club going. I am in Muscatine which is about 30 miles away. I would also invite you to consider visiting a meeting of the Hawk A Club in Cedar Rapids. For us, the club is about 50 miles away, but is a very active club made up of a group of fantastic members who are all very willing to help those of us who are further back on the learning curve. The Hawk A Club meets monthly for general meetings, has tech sessions monthly during the Winter, and plans about 6 one to two day tours during warm weather. You would find this club to be extremely welcoming. If you would like to know more PM me.
OL JENNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:07 PM   #3
clocey

I have heard about the Hawk A Club and I would really like to have an active club like that in the Quad Cities. I have considered joining their club but I used this post to make one last ditch effort to getting something going in the QCA.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:42 PM   #4
BlueSunoco

seems like back in the 70's I used to hear about a 'Quad Cities Antique Ford Club' but have no idea who they were or anything else. Marshall Daut from Davenport may know.

There is a local chapter of the AACA in your neighborhood, the Misisissippi Valley Chapter, that is pretty active they put on a really nice show in Moline last fall look them up on the Internet. They can help you. Buck Wendt from Wendt Funeral Home in Moline does a lot with them I believe I was told once.....
BlueSunoco is offline   Reply With Quote