Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-06-2021, 11:07 AM   #1
Russell Reay

Default Header cover panel

I did a search of this topic and found a lot of good information that will be of immense help when the time comes. I discovered that my original cover panel is for a tudor/ pu, and the new one I purchased is for a coupe as shown at http://www.fordgarage.com/pages/193031headerpanels.htm . Before I order a replacement, I need guidance on the width of the panel. In the attached photos there is a tab bent down at each end of the panel, presumably to fit between the A pillars. Those tabs do not appear in the Ford Garage post, and there is nothing in that post to indicate length of the panel is different between applications. The problem is that the distance between the two tabs is about 1/2" too long. My original panel was totally rusted away in these areas, so cannot compare. Is this a case of the installer (me) needing to modify the piece to fit, I am doing something wrong, or do I need a different part ? The part I incorrectly ordered is A-174-C from Snyder's, and I think I need A-174-B.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0926 - Copy.jpg (31.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0927 - Copy.jpg (45.2 KB, 17 views)
Russell Reay is offline   Reply With Quote