Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-15-2017, 08:43 AM   #21
Big hammer

Default Re: 64 years..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowes View Post
This makes me feel like a real youngster as my wife and I have been married only 56 years and she road as a girlfriend in my Model A when I was 15 in 1951. Since we were not legal to drive, we stayed to the back roads. Great fun and stiil riding to the super market in an A. And somehow 6 kids came along but didn't fit very well in the 31 coupe. Congratulations;;; Jack
Somehow 6 kids? From the back roads for a start ;-)
Old 06-15-2017, 01:25 PM   #22
jimalabam

Great marriage, yes she is certainly a keeper. congratulation to you both.
jimalabam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:57 PM   #23
JDupuis

My In-laws celebrated their 69th wedding aniversary in February this year. They've had their ups and downs over the years, as well as "in sickness or health. We're blessed to have them here still. I remember a few years ago my father-in-law did not speak to my mother-in-law for nearly 3 months. He didn't want to interrupt her.!
Congratulations on 64 years. All the Best. . Jeff
Old 06-15-2017, 04:54 PM   #24
[email protected]

Congratulations Larry Jenkins! My wife and I also just celebrated our 64th wedding anniversary, married May 30, 1953. I am now 89, she is 88. Have had, but sold, (sniff) 1930 deluxe roadster, 1928 tudor, 1929 tudor, 1930 sport coupe, and a 1932 five-window B. Still active in the garage though, and active with Fordbarn almost every day. Still have a running 1927 Chrysler sedan that has been in our family since 1945. I am third owner. Even with COPD, kidney problems, and a stent in the heart, my goal is to reach 90. Wish me luck!
Hodbilll@Yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:31 PM   #25
PatrickGrant

Larry, the best too you and your wife of 64 years ! It was a great pleasure talking to you about your truck and was crushed when you sold it. Wound up buying an early 28 AA about 75% restored with numbers matching. Quite a story behind this truck and I know there's a great story behind your A's and your marriage to your wife. Will always regret not making it down there to see you. Who knows, maybe someday we will meet. Wishing you and yours the best, Pat
PatrickGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 10:40 PM   #26
Larry Jenkins
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickGrant View Post
Larry, the best too you and your wife of 64 years ! It was a great pleasure talking to you about your truck and was crushed when you sold it. Wound up buying an early 28 AA about 75% restored with numbers matching. Quite a story behind this truck and I know there's a great story behind your A's and your marriage to your wife. Will always regret not making it down there to see you. Who knows, maybe someday we will meet. Wishing you and yours the best, Pat
Thank you, Pat.. We tried. Yes, I have many stories about Model As including 7 articles about restoring them in major magazines. Felt good about "paying forward."

You are welcome anytime..
Old 06-16-2017, 07:15 AM   #27
BoysToys1928A

To Larry and the bride, Thank you for taking the time to share just a small part of your experience on this big blue ball we live on. I come to the barn in the morning before the news because it gets my frame of mind in the direction it needs to be. And the stories in this post alone warms my heart in ways that reframes my mind toward humanity. The LORD has blessed you both but I understand it take work from us to accept that blessing. As you look into her eyes and recall the tears and smiles and deep belly laughing you have had, remember there are a lot of us pulling for you both !!! Larry