Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-05-2017, 05:10 PM   #21
Bursonaw

Default Re: Progressive linkage vs straight linkage on a 2x2 manifold

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooder View Post
What size main jets you got in there?

Martin.

Main jets are 51's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bursonaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:26 PM   #22
Krylon32

On my last FH powered deuce roadster I had the wide spread 2 carb Offy manifold with 2 94's. I had Baxter Ford in Lawrence KS set them up with a straight linkage and they worked great. I have no idea as to jet size as they took care of that.
Krylon32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:27 PM   #23
TomT/Williamsburg

Although not running a slingshot, I have been running a "Y" adapter on a stock manifold with a vintage speed progressive setup. No need to butcher a progressive 3-deuce setup - vintage speed has the two carb version.

Btw, the progressive setup has been on my car for almost 5 years and I have never touched them in all that time (save for removing the tumbleweed on my return from the LA Roadster show trip!) ...
I will never run 2 2s together again ....
TomT/Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:41 PM   #24
boo

have the same setup on my T-v8 , orig slngshot w/94's w/ progressive link. w/secondary carb, charlie price [vintage speed] set it up. haven't had it running yet .
boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 06:36 PM   #25
New2modelA

Hey,
I cane across this while searching for information on this exact subject, running dual 94's on my 239 Flathead with a Sling Shot intake.

I am thinking that I would like a progressive linkage BUT want to retain the "ball" type factory linkage & use the stock type ends.

The distance, center to center is 5" on the nut. Does anyone know a good source or site that may offer this type set up?

Thank you,
Chris
New2modelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 07:59 PM   #26
Ronnieroadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2modelA View Post
Hey,
I cane across this while searching for information on this exact subject, running dual 94's on my 239 Flathead with a Sling Shot intake.

I am thinking that I would like a progressive linkage BUT want to retain the "ball" type factory linkage & use the stock type ends.

The distance, center to center is 5" on the nut. Does anyone know a good source or site that may offer this type set up?

Thank you,
Chris
Chris the progressive linkage idea on a two deuce set up needs a secondary carb designed for that purpose. That adds to the cost of the set up. I have tuned dozens of two deuce assembly's on flatheads everyone with both carbs working together. Its easy to tune the pair of linked carbs using a unisyn gauge and a vacuum gauge. The engines run excellent and pull nicely the two deuce assembly's were originally designed to work linked together not progressive.
Ronnieroadster
First ever gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to run 200 MPH at Bonneville Salt Flats setting the record August 7th 2021 at 205.744 MPH

Last edited by Ronnieroadster; 01-13-2022 at 08:06 PM.
Ronnieroadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 09:37 AM   #27
Bursonaw

Chris,

I’ve been running my slingshot manifold with a straight linkage for the past five years since I started this thread. Initially I had some issues setting it up the carbs, but found it was mostly my inexperience was at fault. Since the original setup, I have had no issues running the duals with the straight linkage. I did have to make some distributor adjustments and it took me a little time to find the right balance. The car runs very well on straight linkage and I found the car to have a little more pep in acceleration. My original thought was to try both setups. To see what worked better, but found that the straight linkage worked so well, I never went through the cost and effort to try the progressive linkage. If you do let us know how it works?

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bursonaw is offline   Reply With Quote