Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
Steinar

Default My livingroom find. Definately no barn find..

Finally picked up my T. Or more correct, the remainings of something that once had been a T. The story goes like this: A friend of mine like to document old building traditions and detail quality work that was done in earlier days. This hobby of his brought him and his camera to this old abandoned building. He found a lot of interesting details, work of both carpenters and electricians. But he also found car parts there, so he sent me a picture. It was no doubt, it was a T. I went out there to take a closer look. I had not planned to buy more 'cars' right now, since my garages are all filled up. But this one is more like a folding piece of machinery, and doesn't require that much space. At least not from day one. So we started searching for the owner at the farms in the area, and after ringing on 3 doorbells we had found him. He was a very busy man with too much work and too many hobbies. He told us his friend was supposed to help him with the T, but he died some years ago, so he could just as well sell what was left of it. So that is how my A now gets company with a T. The seller also had a 1923 Dodge Brothers that he could sell, he bought it some twenty years ago, but realized he did not have time for it. I think it was a fair price, but my garages are like I said already filled up, and even my time schedule seems to become a bit tight..

This brass identification plate followed the papers, and chassisnumber tells the car was manufactured June 1922. The plate seems to have been stamped in Norway, 'Sunde Motor Company', Kongsvinger. Kongsvinger is a small town southeast of Norway. But I would guess all Fords had their ID the same way? Anyone who can tell me where on the car this plate was installed? I would guess somewhere on the firewall?

Last edited by Steinar; 02-28-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Steinar is offline   Reply With Quote