Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-22-2010, 07:16 AM   #41
Model A Speedster

Default Re: My New 1930 Sedan

Another welcome to the hobby! Model A's are FUN, reliable, and easy to get parts for. They are a rugged car and reasonably easy to work on. In addition, there's a wealth of information to be learned by doing and by joining a local club. I'm a Tudor owner too (1930) - about one of every four Model A's ever built was a Tudor. A great family car; it's the one that most people remember. Your car looks very solid. You can remove the heater top (if it's an Autolite) and a Tillotson Carburetor will serve you well even though it is not original. From your inside pictures, it looks like you have an aftermarket oil (or temperature) gauge under the instrument cluster. That's a nice accessory. Most of all, drive it and anjoy it. Go get ice cream in it. Take the kids and their friends for a ride in it. Talk to people about it. You'll get lots of lookers and questions. Model A's were perfect only when they came off the assembly line. (Don't get me wrong - I like to look at Blue Ribbon Cars.) See you on the road!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:51 AM   #42
Charlie Stephens

The wheels look like they are from a 1935 Ford. I bet the tire size is 600-16. A lot of people prefer these wheels so don't rush to change them unless you need new tires. When you need to buy tires decide if you want to keep the 16 inch wheels or go back to the original 19's.

Charlie Stephens
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 06-22-2010, 12:25 PM   #43
Richard/Ca

Nice ride. I only have one question? In the First picture of the engine I noticed that it looks like the steering shaft is exposed. Has the steering column been cut? Or am I just seeing things. Richard/Ca
Richard/Ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:51 PM   #44
jrelliott

There is a good parts guy in AZ at Arizona Model A, LLC located in Chandler at 15838 S Gilbert RD. Sam does do work on A's and T's if required. If you have a problem and need help I am located in Pine, AZ and have a daughter in AJ. Welcome to owning a Model A. They are quite a blast.
jrelliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:45 PM   #45
JunkOSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfg View Post
Hi Tim,

For a local club I would recommend joining the Model A Restorers Club of Arizona. They have a lot of members close to your location in Chandler. Call Sammy Guthrie 480-782-6562, he is in charge of membership and also located in Chandler. It is a very active club.

Enjoy your "new" Model A.

Larry Gilbert
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrelliott View Post
There is a good parts guy in AZ at Arizona Model A, LLC located in Chandler at 15838 S Gilbert RD. Sam does do work on A's and T's if required. If you have a problem and need help I am located in Pine, AZ and have a daughter in AJ. Welcome to owning a Model A. They are quite a blast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by john charlton View Post
Join The Model A Restorers Club of Arizona a grand bunch of guys and gals .I am one of their foreign members and have a great time on my annual visit to Chandler.Contact Sammy Guthrie,he runs a parts and restoration shop.15838 South Gilbert Road Chandler AZ 85225 . Phone 480 782-0266 Tuesdays through Fridays.Email [email protected] .You will be glad you did. John in partly cloudy warm England
Thank you for the input/advice. The previous owner of the car is a member The Model A Restorers Club of Arizona. After talking with him and Sammy Guthrie at AZ Model A, I found out that Sammy rework/replace all the brakes and front end. They also changed over to 12V, put in a new clutch and electronic ignition. I am fortunate to only live 3 miles from Sammy and his shop.
Thanks,
Tim
JunkOSC is offline   Reply With Quote