Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #1
Ulysses6

Default Has anyone received their parts from this seller ?

Sent payment on july 28th for a new 6.1 head and two blade fan. The first two pms I sent after payment, I received a reply that the parts would be shipped and conformation sent. The last two pms, I have received no response and no parts as of august 30th.
New Aluminum 2 blade Fan - SOLD
New 6:1 Snyder Head -SOLD
Ulysses6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
Brentwood Bob

Default Re: Has anyone received their parts from this seller ?

Pm sent.
Brentwood Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #3
Fred
BANNED

I bought an item from him & it did take an extra long time to get it, but I did get it...
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
Brentwood Bob

Your seller is alive, well, and overworked. Lets give him time to respond. He does shift work and his free time is limited. Bob
Old 09-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #5
ct1932ford

I think people selling items should have their stuff ready to get shipped if they are so busy they can't get to it in a timely matter. Worse than that is the lack of communication. Recently I have had these problems with both a buyer and a seller. I had a buyer that definitely wanted my item but needed to find a voltage reducer. So I sent him a link for that. Anyway days of PMs it has been days of no communication. I could have sold the item 3 times but waited for nothing. I also purchased four items sent a payment (paypal) right out. I keep asking when it will be shipped and after several days I get he has been busy and will do it asap. Now I am told it will be shipped this Tuesday. Anyway I just had to vent. I just think people no longer have regards for other individuals. Am I missing something?
ct1932ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #6
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct1932ford View Post
I think people selling items should have their stuff ready to get shipped if they are so busy they can't get to it in a timely matter. Worse than that is the lack of communication. Recently I have had these problems with both a buyer and a seller. I had a buyer that definitely wanted my item but needed to find a voltage reducer. So I sent him a link for that. Anyway days of PMs it has been days of no communication. I could have sold the item 3 times but waited for nothing. I also purchased four items sent a payment (paypal) right out. I keep asking when it will be shipped and after several days I get he has been busy and will do it asap. Now I am told it will be shipped this Tuesday. Anyway I just had to vent. I just think people no longer have regards for other individuals. Am I missing something?
no your not missing anything ,,, Ulysses6 paid for it the end of july no excuses :::
shift work and other hogwash cmon BS but he has time to post 10 more items to sell after that in august

Last edited by Mitch//pa; 09-02-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #7
Ross/Kzoo

If you're going to put an item up for sale at least have the courtesy to complete the sale by shipping the item in a timely manner. If not then don't put the item up for sale.

Respect other peoples time and urgency!
Ross/Kzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #8
steve hackel

Angry Re: Has anyone received their parts from this seller ?

I will also chime in on this issue - bought and paid for a manifold that he had received the check the 11th of August and affirmed that it would go out in a few days (I have saved all his messages). It is now the 2nd of Sept and only one reply to many messages and also e-mails that he does not respond to. I have also called his phone number with no results. I will wait (unfortunately) till the end of the week........ then! I believe that the BARN moderator should look into things like this. It's crap like this that pisses' off the majority of us who are trying to work on their cars.!!!!!!!!!!!!
steve hackel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:39 PM   #9
Brentwood Bob

I am 3 weeks out on the radiator shell that I sent payment for. It has been promised to be shipped out this thursday. We will see. I asked for routing so I can track it. Hope I'm not getting played again.
Bob

Last edited by Brentwood Bob; 09-02-2013 at 11:43 PM. Reason: more detail added.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:38 AM   #10
steve hackel

Just a quick follow up on this issue: I spoke with my son (who is in Florida law enforcement) regarding this and other types of scams. He suggested that I (we all) contact the Florida States Attorney and also the Florida Post Master: since I mailed him a check through the U.S. Post Office, they rather frown upon the use of their facility regarding things of this nature. Does anyone have a family member in the legal trade - or know someone well enough to ask about this subject? There seems to be enough of us that have been ripped off to want him to have his underwear in a bunch! Keep this thread going - next step will be to post his name / address /phone # up here and on the H.A.M.B.
steve hackel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #11
Franchise_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood Bob View Post
Your seller is alive, well, and overworked. Lets give him time to respond. He does shift work and his free time is limited. Bob
No excuse, especially if it's been over a month now.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #12
5window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise_24 View Post
No excuse, especially if it's been over a month now.
x2 Everybody who works works some shift. Mail the damn stuff, otherwise it's a scam.
5window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #13
1929tudor

I agree with some of the posts about waiting for your item. My thought is if you want to sell something and you have a buyer tell the buyer what your plans are for shipping and time frame. If the only time you can ship is certain days or just on Saturday or whatever because of your schedule tell the buyer that. Guys that need parts to keep things moving on the rrepairs can't wait to long and if the buyer isn't willing to wait then they can go elsewhere or decide to wait. It ticks me off when you send a money order or Paypal and there is no need to wait for a check to clear and you still wait just as long for the guy to ship. No excuse JUST TELL THE BUYER YOU SHIPPING PLANS WHEN YOU CAN SHIP BEFORE THE TRANSACTION IS STARTED. Real simple. Don't take the guys money and sit on the item till your good and ready to ship.
1929tudor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #14
Rock Hornbuckle

Well, is anyone going to let the rest of us know who this guy is? Send me a PM with a statement something like " his name IS NOT Joe Blow".
'14 100th Anniversary Challenger Limited Edition.

Semper Fidelis
Rock Hornbuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #15
Brentwood Bob

Thursday. Bob
Old 09-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #16
Bob C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Hornbuckle View Post
Well, is anyone going to let the rest of us know who this guy is? Send me a PM with a statement something like " his name IS NOT Joe Blow".

Just click on the links in the first post.

Bob
Bob C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #17
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Hornbuckle View Post
just click on the links in the first post and this pops up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (58.7 KB, 362 views)
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #18
MrTube

Anytime you sell something online it should be shipped in 1 or 2 business days at the most. That is how I operate and I feel everyone should.

Personally, including my commute I am away from home 12+ hours a day 5 days a week and I still find time to get it done.
MrTube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #19
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTube View Post
Anytime you sell something online it should be shipped in 1 or 2 business days at the most. That is how I operate and I feel everyone should.

Personally, including my commute I am away from home 12+ hours a day 5 days a week and I still find time to get it done.
If not one or two days then at least state the number of days. If something happened then at least a quick note like "sorry emergency came up will get to you in x days/weeks.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #20
MrTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
If not one or two days then at least state the number of days. If something happened then at least a quick note like "sorry emergency came up will get to you in x days/weeks.
Absolutely. Staying in touch is most important if there is a problem.
MrTube is offline   Reply With Quote