Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-18-2019, 10:32 PM   #1
DirtyDan

Default 1946 Ford Pickup - Fresh off the farm

City: Saint Louis,
State: Missouri(MO)
Price: 8500

Farm Fresh 1946 Ford "Jailbar" pick up truck.

The truck is very complete and has a nice solid cab with a great patina. It is mostly a mix of original paint and old brushed on touch ups. Has old door lettering, clever farm fixes, old decals and accessories to add to the original charm and character. The cab is in very nice condition with solid original floor. The doors are solid and open and shut well. There is some rust in the driver side of the bed side, and some in the running boards.

The truck has the original flathead V8, 3spd drivetrain. Runs, drives, stops and steers like an old original truck. Engine starts easy and sounds great. Transmission shifts well, but the cutch may need some attention in the long term. The original tires were dry and cracked, so I recently installed a nice set of 15x6 Ford wheels with Coker Firestone Bias Ply tires. They are not new, but in very nice condition.

Interior is original including the nice paint on the dash. Gauges are all present, but not all of them are functioning. The seat is in good condition, and has been reupholstered at some point. Accessory heater is not hooked up, but controls are still mounted. Glass is all good and some appears to be original with Ford logos.

Overall, this is a great running driving project truck that is very solid. It has a great patina, that I wouldn't dream of touching. My plan was to lower the truck down with a drop axle and cruise it as is, but I have other projects that need my attention. Truck has a clear IL title. The VIN on title matches the numbers stamped on the glove box door. Please serious buyers only... lets not waste each others time. Feel free to call or text at 314-three9three-6814.

Thanks!

DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 01:56 PM   #2
DirtyDan

Default Re: 1946 Ford Pickup - Fresh off the farm

To the top... Trades considered
Old 06-10-2019, 07:49 AM   #3
DirtyDan

Default Re: 1946 Ford Pickup - Fresh off the farm

Video walk around of truck running:

https://youtu.be/rV5FDromE4Y