Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-03-2017, 09:28 AM   #1
richard crow

Default never get an answer

people post there problems a lot of us answer with our idea of whats wrong . it,s hard because you don,t have all the facts but we try. it would be nice if we ever got an answer what they found wrong.
richard crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:44 AM   #2
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: never get an answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard crow View Post
people post there problems a lot of us answer with our idea of whats wrong . it,s hard because you don,t have all the facts but we try. it would be nice if we ever got an answer what they found wrong.
Yes, I agree, and must admit that I have failed to followup at times.
It sometimes takes a lot of research to find answers or information that someone is in need of here, and many time the OP does not even respond back to anyone with a simple thank you. Now I do get some PM messages from folks here at random saying that they frequently read my posts and thank me for the information that helped them in some way. Many times these are lurking members who read these posts, but rarely, if ever, respond to any posts on the forum.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:47 AM   #3
54vicky

there are some that would probably report back.they do not get the chance as the people who could and do answer tire of the lack of feedback or a thank you etc.look and then think let someone else waste their time.sadly there is no easy answer to the ME mentality these people have.
54vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:27 AM   #4
gmanrides

I try my best to answer everyone that responds to my inquiries whether I agree or not with their assessment. I appreciate they take the time to answer me. It's always nice to be able to bounce thoughts and ideas off of each other. I use to use my Dad a lot but with age as we know the memory begins to fog somewhat. Dad was born in 33 and has turned wrenches his whole life, everything you can imagine. I am a field rep for an equipment manufacturer and basically deal with electrical, hydraulics and software. I field a lot of calls for troubleshooting and know the significance of getting good info for correct diagnosis. I have rebuilt a few engines, worked on gas and diesel, some transmissions, even built a few quadra-jets but somewhere along the way there was always someone teaching!
gmanrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 04:20 PM   #5
glennpm

Hi,

I've had the same experience with a few ME people. A couple of times I wasted an hour pulling reference data together, taking pictures etc. and then don't even get an acknowledgement, like how much effort does it take, all of 30 seconds or so? This has been on and off list.

In all though this is a fantastic group and I have gotten great help and guidance many more times than I've had disappointing experiences. This is a great group of knowledgeable enthusiasts and I'm happy to have its help!

Glenn
glennpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 04:41 PM   #6
Jason in TX

I like researching things, so I find myself answering more questions than asking because I enjoy hunting for the answer.

When I have a question, I usually research the FordBarn history and find the answer without having to ask.

So, in a way, it's those that just ask a question without looking in the search that kind of keeps this place going I suppose. That person who doesn't look to the past also probably just fixes their car and doesn't go back to thank people.
Jason in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:08 PM   #7
Tinker

I sometimes hesitate to post anything, beyond a suggestion or a poke at entertainment, if the question is asked by anyone with less then a 100 or so posts.

But then I remember, I don't know very much here and sometimes just participating makes me learn something. It'd be nice/great if everyone followed up, but only a handful will, kind of rude really. But I usually learn something from these in-vain post from the educated

but follow up please!!!

Last edited by Tinker; 02-03-2017 at 10:21 PM.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:35 PM   #8
Ken Bull

Hi Rich This is in case I never said it -THANK YOU- for all the friendship and help you have given me in the almost 2 decades that I have known you. My 36 would never have been completed with out the rear floor part you had . I hope to see you again at Hershey or Carlisle someday. And thanks to the others on the forum who gave me help just cause I read what info they wrote about though it helped sometime later while working on a new problem. Love this site!
Ken Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 02:54 PM   #9
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard crow View Post
Hey Richard,
I second your motion ! IMO, it's called common courtesy , which I hear may be returning . If you have to ask/tell anyone of such practice...well .
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 03:18 PM   #10
1stford

I am brand new to owning and ford and this forum. I'm super thankful for all of you guys that take time to care about my problems or lack of understanding, which often times is the problem.
1stford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:15 AM   #11
koates

Hi there, Yes all the previous posts are very correct. I have replied to many questions in the past, mainly on electrical problems and faultfinding. These are quite difficult to explain, especially to those who are electrically challenged. Most people thank me but there are a few who never reply or don't let you know if they were able to repair their problem. I find this rather frustrating and even rude. Some people were standing behind the door when manners were being taught at home and school. I have slowed down somewhat in answering now because of this. There are many skilled people on here and it has taken them a lifetime to gather all of their expertise, so appreciate them while they are still here. Most of us are older now. The Ford barn is great and I hope it continues along the same lines into the future. Regards, Kevin.
koates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:23 AM   #12
gravelguy

I guess its my bad. I had a question about a 67-8600 engine fan, I received several answers and a couple of photos that led me to the correct fan. I would like to thank those that responded and will do so in the future.
Gravelguy
gravelguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 02:42 PM   #13
ford38v8

Just a note to all who have questions, while it's nice to be appreciated, it's your feedback to the replies on the original thread that is most important. Others who have similar questions read those threads, and need your confirmation that you've received good information and have solved your problem. Otherwise, it's like reading a mystery novel with the last chapter missing.
Old 02-05-2017, 04:19 PM   #14
nohelp

I cannot began to tell all of you good people how many times you all have helped me just by reading your post. Sometimes I think some of you must be reading my mind because you answer my question before I can even ask it. If by some chance I do ask a question, I try to thank the ones that helped me because I feel like they are taking time from working on there own projects to help me Don C.
nohelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 04:51 PM   #15
Tinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford38v8 View Post
Just a note to all who have questions, while it's nice to be appreciated, it's your feedback to the replies on the original thread that is most important. Others who have similar questions read those threads, and need your confirmation that you've received good information and have solved your problem. Otherwise, it's like reading a mystery novel with the last chapter missing.
Yes!
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote