Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-30-2012, 09:55 AM   #21
Chris in WNC

Default Re: Catch-22 on agreed value for insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlG View Post
I got my Allstate policy out. It says "agreed" not "stated". So what you are saying is that they don't really mean what their policy says??
I asked the Allstate agent directly if we could get agreed value coverage on the truck. she said it was not available on a regular vehicle policy. maybe NC insurance regs are different from AK......
Old 08-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #22
Chris in WNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Adams View Post
A "Daily Driver" is not a "Collector Car", by definition.
I see NO Catch 22.
You can't have your Cake (Daily Driver= Stated Value) treated as a "Collector Car" with an "Agreed Value" as it IS NOT a Collector Car.
Bruce, we first tried to insure the truck as a collector vehicle with Hagerty. they said "no can do" since we plan to drive the truck a lot and haul stuff in it all the time.

OK, change the term "collector car" to "very old car". my problem and my question still remain the same.

we just don't want the truck to be totalled and have to fight Allstate when the offer us a book value settlement as though it was some old rusted piece of crap rather than a good solid low-mileage survivor.

OK, everybody, FORGET I EVER SAID "Catch-22" AND LET'S JUST TALK ABOUT THE SUBSTANCE OF THE QUESTION. evidently my use of that phrase brings the linguistic nit-pickers out of the woodwork and that's not especially helpful...... :-)
Old 08-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #23
CarlG

I don't know if it makes any difference or not, but my rig is licensed as a "collector car", which in Alaska permits it to be driven with no restrictions, same as the regular license plates. Only difference is that it cost another $50 or so (one time) to get the special plates, then same fees as my modern cars thereafter. Antique license plates have the restricted use, and don't have to be renewed -- ever. I really don't know about the difference between states, but I did have insurance before I had tags on it, it was previously licensed in California, and I got insurance before shipping it up here.
CarlG is offline   Reply With Quote