Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2022, 07:02 PM   #1
jack backer
BANNED

Default Where’s Paul Shinn?

Where’s Paul Shinn? what happened with the last video?
Old 10-04-2022, 07:44 PM   #2
Chuck Dempsey

Default Re: Where’s Paul Shinn?

He is still posting on Facebook. This was posted about four hours ago -

Heads up! In just a moment Paul and Bob will go live from the NCRG Round Up! We are at the Italian Benevolence Society grounds where we will have fun in their center!

https://youtube.com/user/paulshinn
Old 10-05-2022, 11:45 AM   #3
jack backer
BANNED

He has yet to contact Burtz about his block issues found in the video..
Old 10-05-2022, 12:07 PM   #4
nkaminar

He is in California.
The clutch always sticks, and starts with a jerk.
My car grows red hair, and flies through the air.
Driving's a blast, a blast from the past.
Old 10-05-2022, 01:00 PM   #5
81ls1camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack backer View Post
I think there is a thread floating around here that talks about that subject. He deleted that video right away after all the backlash.
Old 10-05-2022, 01:27 PM   #6
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
I probably should stay out of this, but why did I think his plan was after removing the video that he decided to sell all of the Burtz items he had purchased and move on?

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

Old 10-05-2022, 06:57 PM   #7
todd3131

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
I probably should stay out of this, but why did I think his plan was after removing the video that he decided to sell all of the Burtz items he had purchased and move byon?
Early on in that whole thread before things settled down hm made a post that said something like that. After that it looked like they were or are moving forward. I hope so
Old 10-05-2022, 07:19 PM   #8
Jeff/Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkaminar View Post
He is in California.
HA!!

Best answer yet!
Old 10-06-2022, 02:11 AM   #9
Jim/GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
I probably should stay out of this, but why did I think his plan was after removing the video that he decided to sell all of the Burtz items he had purchased and move on?
As I understand him, he plans to ship the 2 engines back to Burtz for a full refund. His work schedule has delayed him from doing that, but he plans to send them back shortly.

He says he has made a video of how he and his machinist took the measurements that they felt were out of spec. That documents the procedures and the findings.

He says after Burtz receives the engines back for inspection and makes those same measurements (and makes a video of them doing it? I don't know) he plans to release his measurement video.

So, yes, he has dropped the idea of building two of their engine kits and is moving on.
Old 10-06-2022, 06:40 AM   #10
jack backer
BANNED

According to Terry Nadia Burtz he has yet to respond with measurements or return the blocks after 6 weeks, She is righteously indignant for not being given the ability to back their product or clear their name..they have shipped over 500 kits without issue. I’m paraphrasing her actual quote..

Really? You hack a business then refuse to comply?..
Old 10-06-2022, 07:30 AM   #11
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Thanks Jim. I could not remember if it was a private message between Paul & I, -or in other emails or phone calls I participated in where I heard that.

From my vantage point the findings are probably going to be moot at this point simply because for those who are Burtz fans, they are only going to believe that those engine pieces were without issues, ...and the ones that are Paul Shinn supporters will likely only believe what Paul & Willie found during their inspection. Either way, proving what evidence was found (-even if someone visually sees the evidence before their own eyes in a video) will always be critiqued by supporters on each side, and likely there will always be levels of prejudice from some that will never believe what was found, ...even if what is presented was 100% factual. Kinda sad at this point for both sides.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com

Old 10-06-2022, 07:35 AM   #12
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
According to Terry Nadia Burtz he has yet to respond with measurements or return the blocks after 6 weeks, She is righteously indignant for not being given the ability to back their product or clear their name..they have shipped over 500 kits without issue. I’m paraphrasing her actual quote..

Really? You hack a business then refuse to comply?..
I'm sorry that I am not following on this Jack, ...who is the "She" you are referring to??

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com

Old 10-06-2022, 07:57 AM   #13
jack backer
BANNED

Terry’s wife.. she belongs to a Facebook page I administer.. but that is moot, what’s really important here is the accusation without follow up..like yourself Brent, and Jeff from Illinois, your reputation is paramount to your business, and, like Burtz you would welcome criticism and honor issues with your product, your integrity is vital to your success..
Old 10-06-2022, 08:09 AM   #14
jack backer
BANNED

Undoubtedly their are fans on both sides of the issue. In this case one party clearly defamed the other and did not allow for recourse.. “moving on” occurs when both parties are made whole..Paul Shinn has no skin in the game, The Burtz group does..
Old 10-06-2022, 09:56 AM   #15
Ruth

Quote:
Where’s Paul Shinn? what happened with the last video?
Why are you stirring this up again? I think this should be worked out offline and not on a public forum. This is a matter between Terry and Paul to work out.
Old 10-06-2022, 10:09 AM   #16
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Terry’s wife.. she belongs to a Facebook page I administer.. but that is moot, what’s really important here is the accusation without follow up..like yourself Brent, and Jeff from Illinois, your reputation is paramount to your business, and, like Burtz you would welcome criticism and honor issues with your product, your integrity is vital to your success..
Jack, I am friends with Terry on Facebook also, so I know who Nadia is, -and you are correct it is her Facebook page, ...however I was unaware she has ever posted anything about these engines. It was always assumed by me that it was Terry that was actually writing on Facebook and not her. That is where my confusion came from.

Quote:
Undoubtedly their are fans on both sides of the issue. In this case one party clearly defamed the other and did not allow for recourse.. “moving on” occurs when both parties are made whole..Paul Shinn has no skin in the game, The Burtz group does..

Jack, I understand your point about reputations, ...and I really do not want to choose sides in this, but playing Devil's Advocate with you for a moment, would you not agree with me that when Mr. Shinn purchased two engines without advertising compensation, price discount, or financial consideration from Mr. Burtz, is it not plausible that at that point those engines were Mr. Shinn's property to do solely as he wishes? Does Mr. Burtz or any of his representatives have the right to demand those engines be returned??

For me answering the above question(s), I think those engines are Mr. Shinn's engines to do what he wishes and whenever he chooses to do something without peer pressure from any of us who aren't really involved.

Also, as the rightful owner of those engines, isn't it Mr. Shinn's prerogative to tell anyone (-by any legal method) anything he wanted to say about his engines as long as he did not maliciously slander or legally defame Mr. Burtz? Note that I used the word legally, and not just a comment that you or I think should be considered 'Defamation'. Therefore based on what I know of the law from being in a similar position, -and based on my opinion of how the video stated Mr. Shinn's findings, I feel at this point it would be difficult to prove Defamation by Mr. Shinn in a court of law. Again, it is my opinion that malice with intent to slander was NOT the purpose of Mr. Shinn's video. Maybe a jury would see it differently however what I have learned about public reviews thru social media and the internet is it will require much more action against Mr. Burtz than what I have seen demonstrated by that video.

So bringing this full-circle, at this point (-whether we like it or not) it really is Mr. Shinn's prerogative to do as he wishes with his engines and on his timeline, ...and if he does not wish to return them at this time, I kinda think he is within his legal rights to do so. If he is choosing to work with Mr. Burtz at a later date (-which I hope he does), then that is between them and probably should not be a discussion here until both sides have reached an amicable resolve. So what am I missing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
Why are you stirring this up again? I think this should be worked out offline and not on a public forum. This is a matter between Terry and Paul to work out.
I wholeheartedly agree. Participants on social media and these two Model-A forums have seemingly caused more damage than anything.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com

Old 10-06-2022, 11:28 AM   #17
jack backer
BANNED

I agree about personal property, disagree about damage to Burtz’s reputation. Even if it’s not actionable. Hoping the parties settle is a wish we all have. One of the parties used a forum to state their frustration that there has been no resolution to date.
Old 10-06-2022, 02:22 PM   #18
ModelA29

Let's not forget Paul reported what "his" engine builder stated he found.

I have not seen the video that was pulled. I did see the one where Paul & Terry were talking about the backlash of having stuff made in China.

Without 100% inspection of every part here in the US prior to shipment to the end customer you'll never know if tolerances were met by the supplier.

I'm still considering a Burtz for my 29. When you look at the price of just a Scat crank it's easy to see the value of the Burtz engine.
Old 10-07-2022, 10:10 AM   #19
BlueSunoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
ABSOLUTELY my feelings exactly. Thank you Ruth.

Some people spend way too much time watching Judge Judy. And then it spills over into their own lives. Let's ditch the legalese crap and get back to old cars.
Old 10-07-2022, 11:43 AM   #20
johnneilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSunoco View Post
ABSOLUTELY my feelings exactly. Thank you Ruth.

Some people spend way too much time watching Judge Judy. And then it spills over into their own lives. Let's ditch the legalese crap and get back to old cars.
Hell YES, and hide the news/politics

J