Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-29-2015, 11:26 AM   #21
Blu Dice

Default Re: Introduction

I must have been sleeping or something - I did not know that Eckler’s & Mac’s were the same comany - I have brought from both companies in the past and offen have had to go elsewhere when the shipping cost made you uncompetitive. So what can be done to correct this problem? I just bought a '52 Ford that is in need of parts!!
Old 01-29-2015, 12:09 PM   #22
FrankWest

Welcome to the Ford barn.
I have bought a lot of stuff for my car and Mac's has been a positive experience.
Your web site is very hard to find parts. If you just type in the name or the part rather than the number from the catalog it will never find the part.
I found If in Google I type in Mac's and the part name then I can usually find the part number. But your site almost never finds the parts for me? Maybe I am using it wrong.
FrankWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:35 PM   #23
JimOH

In recent years I have had no problems with Mac's and now I have had several orders with Eckler's and no problems with them either. Of course I call my orders in and find out if what I want is in stock. Saves on having a problem later. Received my stuff quick too. Sorry to hear some others report long waits. They could use smaller boxes in some cases and that would save on our shipping costs.

Last edited by JimOH; 02-15-2015 at 10:46 AM.
JimOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:34 PM   #24
Russ/40

The issue of shipping has been raised already, but I'll be more specific for an example in point. When in the process of purchasing a new authentic Stromberg 97 carb, I was quoted $50 shipping. Granted, there was a promo discount on the carb, but really, $50 to ship a small carburetor. Made the whole deal, no deal. I decided to not buy.
Russ/40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:59 PM   #25
JSeery
Member Emeritus

I think the companies that can work the low and/or free shipping are the ones that will be getting the orders in the future. Jegs in free shipping on everything and I have started ordering a LOT from them. Summit is free over $100 I believe. I also order a lot through Amazon with their free two day delivery.
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 02:13 PM   #26
Bored&Stroked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ/40 View Post
The issue of shipping has been raised already, but I'll be more specific for an example in point. When in the process of purchasing a new authentic Stromberg 97 carb, I was quoted $50 shipping. Granted, there was a promo discount on the carb, but really, $50 to ship a small carburetor. Made the whole deal, no deal. I decided to not buy.
Now that is ridiculous . . . I'd have cancelled my order as well. I buy everything I can through Jeg's or Summit - for exactly this reason.
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:56 PM   #27
Jim in Wisconsin

I agree with Frank W. - the Mac's web site doesn't seem to work right. I'm glad they send out paper catalogs, they always work!
Jim in Wisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:10 PM   #28
JSeery
Member Emeritus

I really like the way the Mac site works, just enter the part number, very simple and straight forward. That seems like the best method to assure you are looking at the correct part to me.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:24 PM   #29
Talkwrench

Welcome Trevor, your website is great but if you guys can lower your shipping, you'll be doing far better. It hurts a lot for some of us overseas clients even more now our dollar is only 75% to your USD.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:30 PM   #30
Jim in Wisconsin

The trouble with "just enter the part number" is I wouldn't know the part number until I found the part - classic catch 22.
Jim in Wisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:33 PM   #31
JSeery
Member Emeritus

The easy way is to look the part up in the Green Book, then you know you have the correct part and you have the part number. I really don't trust a parts catalog without knowing the numbers anyway. I have both a paper copy and a computer version of the Green Book and it makes life a whole lot easier.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:26 PM   #32
johnh7

Hi, nice to see you show up here. I have been sending the negative threads to you for some time as you can't fix it if you don't know it's broken. It will be interesting to see if you can get them to change the things that keep many of us from shopping with you. Shipping cost is the biggie right now.

Live for today, but save for tomorrow!
johnh7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:40 PM   #33
41panelmark

Shipping costs and follow through have changed significantly, I try to hold out or find things elsewhere these days.
41panelmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:39 AM   #34
38coop

Will any Ford parts be available at the new Eckler warehouse in Titusville Fl. ?
38coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:50 AM   #35
Eckler's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38coop View Post
Will any Ford parts be available at the new Eckler warehouse in Titusville Fl. ?
Unfortunately not. All Ford products are located in New York. But you can still come in our Titusville showroom and place your order.

Email me direct at [email protected]
Eckler's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 04:50 PM   #36
amodel25

Paper catalog is great, internet catalog is a jumbled up disorganized mess.
amodel25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 12:11 AM   #37
fordor41

Even if you know the part no. and description, from the catalog, lots of times the on-line catalog will come up with " no matches found"
fordor41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:09 PM   #38
Flatkid8

Scott / Trevor....

This is copied and pasted from a previous thread I had posted on from 06/05/2014:

I washed my hands of Macs a couple months ago...customer service is horrible at best. After placing a $500 online order for various parts and receiving the order, I noticed the idler arm was missing. Due to being in a time crunch to get the car back together, I contacted them the next day and was told even though the idler arm was listed online as "in stock" it was on a 2 week backorder. They apologized and made arrangements to drop ship the part and assured me I would have it within 2 weeks. Every 2 weeks for the next 6 I was fed the same line. The last straw came when I called to speak with a "supervisor" about the matter and was told "we sell parts to thousands of people every day...I don't have time to track down your $30 part".

This isn't the first time I've experienced issues like this with them but it will certainly be the last. I got a chuckle last week when a friend mentioned he had just ordered the same idler arm a few days ago and they are still passing out the same line 2 months later...

Also, someone had mentioned they were now owned by Ecklers and this is correct. I also had similar experiences last year while spending thousands of dollars through Ecklers buying parts for an Impala restoration. I guess the moral of the story here is a little courtesy and good customer service goes a long way and Mac's is a great example on how NOT to treat customers in my book.

I do appreciate you guys joining this forum and I hope your concerns and dedication to fixing these problems is genuine. Obviously these issues arent isolated and its quite apparent there is a huge problem with the entire customer service structure of this company. Please dont take this personal, but Ive probably spent close to 10K between both Ecklers and Mac's within the last few years but refuse to buy so much as a single cotter pin from either one until I see and hear reviews that reflect their attitude and decication to their customers makes a complete 180 turn. For clarification, please feel free to reread my "last straw" explained above. I WILL NOT be treated like trash and suggest someone gets this bus trurned around before it nose dives off a cliff, there are plenty of other venders to buy parts from. Since I have jumped ship, your competitors have been gladly taking my money and offering great customer service in return. A HUGE amount of your Ford customer base are members here on the barn and im confident you are already fully aware that the majority of buzz going around about Mac's is negative in one form or another. I hope you can "fix" things before its too late.

Keep us posted on your progress

Dennis

Last edited by Flatkid8; 04-27-2015 at 12:09 AM.
Flatkid8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 12:38 AM   #39
ford38v8

Some guys think that a big outfit is capable of personal service, and are amazed to find out nobody they talk to gives a rat's ax.
Stick to the small dealers. They are the ones that actually have a stake in keeping your business.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:11 AM   #40
Eckler's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatkid8 View Post
Scott / Trevor....

This is copied and pasted from a previous thread I had posted on from 06/05/2014:

I washed my hands of Macs a couple months ago...customer service is horrible at best. After placing a $500 online order for various parts and receiving the order, I noticed the idler arm was missing. Due to being in a time crunch to get the car back together, I contacted them the next day and was told even though the idler arm was listed online as "in stock" it was on a 2 week backorder. They apologized and made arrangements to drop ship the part and assured me I would have it within 2 weeks. Every 2 weeks for the next 6 I was fed the same line. The last straw came when I called to speak with a "supervisor" about the matter and was told "we sell parts to thousands of people every day...I don't have time to track down your $30 part".

This isn't the first time I've experienced issues like this with them but it will certainly be the last. I got a chuckle last week when a friend mentioned he had just ordered the same idler arm a few days ago and they are still passing out the same line 2 months later...

Also, someone had mentioned they were now owned by Ecklers and this is correct. I also had similar experiences last year while spending thousands of dollars through Ecklers buying parts for an Impala restoration. I guess the moral of the story here is a little courtesy and good customer service goes a long way and Mac's is a great example on how NOT to treat customers in my book.

I do appreciate you guys joining this forum and I hope your concerns and dedication to fixing these problems is genuine. Obviously these issues arent isolated and its quite apparent there is a huge problem with the entire customer service structure of this company. Please dont take this personal, but Ive probably spent close to 10K between both Ecklers and Mac's within the last few years but refuse to buy so much as a single cotter pin from either one until I see and hear reviews that reflect their attitude and decication to their customers makes a complete 180 turn. For clarification, please feel free to reread my "last straw" explained above. I WILL NOT be treated like trash and suggest someone gets this bus trurned around before it nose dives off a cliff, there are plenty of other venders to buy parts from. Since I have jumped ship, your competitors have been gladly taking my money and offering great customer service in return. A HUGE amount of your Ford customer base are members here on the barn and im confident you are already fully aware that the majority of buzz going around about Mac's is negative in one form or another. I hope you can "fix" things before its too late.

Keep us posted on your progress

Dennis
Dennis let me start off by saying i'm truly sorry you were treated that way. I don't blame you one bit taking your business else where after being treated like that. I would love to know who that "supervisor" was that spoke to you like that. In i'd say the last month we (Ecklers) have a new CEO and he is taking us in a new direction. He has seen the all the customer service problems we've had in the past. I'm (Scott) here to move forward. I do truly wish i could go back and fix a lot of these problem that you guys had in the past not only with Mac's but with Eckler's as a whole. I've been with Eckler's a long time and always hate to hear this kind of stuff. I take personal pride in trying to help the community out. Because i'm also part of the community outside of work. I just want to let you guys know that every piece of feedback i get on these forums i send up the chain of command. A lot of the problems are unfortunately not overnight fixes. But that's still no excuse for bad customer service.

Scott

Email me direct at [email protected]
Eckler's is offline   Reply With Quote