Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-28-2015, 08:28 AM   #1
Eckler's

Default Introduction

Hey all,

My name is Trevor and I work with Eckler's Industries, specifically MAC's Auto Parts. Anyway, I'm here to try to help answer any of your questions or concerns so by all means feel free to shoot me a message if anything comes up.

Email me direct at [email protected]
Eckler's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:10 AM   #2
KiWinUS

Default Re: Introduction

Thanks for the support !!
Cheers
Tony
KiWinUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:22 AM   #3
JM 35 Sedan

There have been quite a few posts here about the problems folks are having with there orders to MAC's. Doing a search here might bring many of them up to read if you have not already seen those.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:37 AM   #4
trainguy

Welcome!It is a good idea to keep attuned to your marketplace.Forum,s such as the Ford Barn are a important source of feedback both positive and negative.Taking a proactive posiisition is much better than sitting back and letting the cards fall as they may! Good luck,Phil
trainguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:42 AM   #5
AlDeBear

Welcome to the Ford Barn Trevor. It's good you are here. Good for Mac's and good for us. Thanks for the support.
AlDeBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:52 AM   #6
4tford

Welcome Trevor. I am sure you have heard a lot of complaints as well as some kudos. Sure hope you are able to pull some strings and get things straightened out.
4tford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:02 AM   #7
19Fordy

Hey Trevor. Glad you opened the Fordbarn garage door. Welcome. Please talk to Mr. Eckler about the excessive shipping charges that so many folks are unhappy with.
19Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:23 AM   #8
Eckler's

Hey all,
Thanks for the welcome. I'd just like to say that I'm happy to be of help wherever possible, whether that be helping out with the technical side or just passing on your comments/concerns to the higher-ups, and I will try my best to respond as soon as I'm available.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:52 AM   #9
trainguy

One of the most unforgettable Mac,s Boners was when if you wanted your order in a hurry you could pay additional$$$ !That told me that some one who did not pay had to wait!!!I am sure that policy PO'd a lot of customers.I always wondered if Mac's Ever figured it out?
trainguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:31 PM   #10
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckler's View Post
Hey all,
Thanks for the welcome. I'd just like to say that I'm happy to be of help wherever possible, whether that be helping out with the technical side or just passing on your comments/concerns to the higher-ups, and I will try my best to respond as soon as I'm available.
Posting here is probably a good start for MAC's to improve relations with some unhappy customer's.

I will post some of the threads here that I mentioned in my earlier post. Maybe you have read these already but you did not indicate that you had:

http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showth...Mac%27s+Orders

There are more if you type "MAC's Orders" into the search box, but I will stop at this point.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 01-28-2015 at 12:58 PM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:55 PM   #11
roadster36
BANNED

I have to agree with 19fordy about the excessive shipping charges. I have been on line three times buying parts for my roadster and each time the charges were over twice the charges from their competitors. It pays to keep shipping and sales taxes in mind when spending hundreds or thousands of $$ on parts. Vendors have to be honest about their parts as well. I shopped around for a clutch and parts trying to find someone who had one in stock ready to ship since I need this car finished NOW. A well known shop in San Dimas said they had it and would ship it as soon as my core arrived at their shop. Fast forward almost three weeks and still no clutch. When I called to inquire they said they never received the core. I told them the exact time the USPS dropped it off at their front counter. So now I am out a clutch and the shipping to them. How can you run a business like that ? I will never deal with them again.
roadster36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:29 PM   #12
FireEngineMike

Trevor, this is a suggestion for counter sales at Lockport. I have been there three times so I know it is not a one-time problem. The clerk has to wait until I review the parts and close out my order before helping the next customer. I apologize to the people waiting in line, but I don't like to rush verifying that the parts are what I need. The clerks need to be able to switch orders on their terminals just like we switch Windows tabs. Your IT department needs to fix this.
FireEngineMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:05 PM   #13
flatheadfan

Add me to the list of complaints about the new shipping costs. Since Ecklers took control of Mac's the shipping costs have gone through the roof. A major competitor of Eckler's/Mac's located in NC has a flat rate shipping of $9.99 for purchases under $100, $14.99 over $100 and the service is excellent. If they can do it, why can't Eckler's/Mac's?

Tom
flatheadfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:30 PM   #14
jjarvi

Great that someone is interested in how the hobbyist is doing. I won't buy from Macs anymore due to the high shipping costs.
jjarvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:10 AM   #15
fordor41

ditto on shipping cost. I've bought parts that were the size of a silver dollar and the shipping was as much as the part! stick it in an envelope, I don't need it boxed with bubble wrap
fordor41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:34 AM   #16
Eckler's

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEngineMike View Post
Trevor, this is a suggestion for counter sales at Lockport. I have been there three times so I know it is not a one-time problem. The clerk has to wait until I review the parts and close out my order before helping the next customer. I apologize to the people waiting in line, but I don't like to rush verifying that the parts are what I need. The clerks need to be able to switch orders on their terminals just like we switch Windows tabs. Your IT department needs to fix this.
Thank you for the suggestion, I will pass this along to the counter sales manager to see how we can resolve this.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:56 AM   #17
Cecil/WV

II have bought hundreds of dollars in parts from Macs in the past, but not a dime from them since the ownership change due to the shipping costs. I have always been very satisfied with their parts and service, but why go there if I can save cash elsewhere. Its their job to get my money and its my job to keep it! I've paid a bit more for some parts because it was cheaper after adding the shipping charge.
Cecil/WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 09:11 AM   #18
Eckler's

Hey guys this is Scott. I’m the forum manager here at Eckler’s/Mac’s. And I will be working side by side with Trevor here on Ford Barn to fix any problems you guys may have. Also I will be here to try to fix any broken relationship that might be out there. With Trevor doing a ton of other things here with our company I will be the main go between from here on out. When we signed up we had no idea of the response we would get. So that being said please direct any questions to me.

So a little about my background. I have worked many years with Eckler’s. I started at the bottom of the company just like anyone else. Started as a seasonal sales rep, moved to full time shortly thereafter. After a couple years of sales I got the opportunity to move to the Tech department. After working in tech for many years I decided to move to the Marketing/Promotions department.And here I am today.I’ve had my hand in many builds over the years from Ford, Chevy, Cadillac and Mopar. I might not know the answer to every question you guys might ask but I work to find that answer in a timely manner. I look forward to working with you guys on any issues you may have. If you would like to email me direct please do so. My email is [email protected]

Thanks,
Scott

Old 01-29-2015, 09:35 AM   #19
done4

Send a message via Yahoo to done4

Damn, I give you guys credit for opening a direct line of communication with this group. I have bought parts from you when needed and it was all good. I hope you are wearing your kevlar Gucci vests because there has been a lot issues it seems. Good luck and I hope you can improve/fix the stated problems in the future.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:04 AM   #20
Shadetree

Back when I was getting my `35 roadworthy I purchased a lot of parts from Mac's. Their staff was friendly and helpful. I noticed Mac's was just a little less expensive on their parts than most other vendors but shipping was more expensive. So I viewed this as a break even proposition.