Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-25-2013, 07:28 PM   #21
stainless steve

Default Re: SICK or DIED--NO!

[QUOTE=Hey Bill, I got it ! You work on Vermin and let the Dog post here. He doesn't hold back and tells it like it is ! Besides, he doesn't worry about gas.[/
Stick around Bill there are a lot of us here that look forword to your posts
your humor is so much like my own..The fun is just starting my friend
Steve
stainless steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #22
Fred K-OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL WILLIAMSON View Post
Buenas dias,
Didn't post this thread to attract attention, just thought I might be BURNIN' folks out with too much B.S. I spend HOURS a day pokin' around here to keep my FEEBLE brain busy.
As I get back to the car, I'll need your help on crap I've FORGOTTEN! Like, do I use a - or a + screwdriver to get the floorboards out? Or, I ordered this part?? Where does it GO?? Maybe I'll "discover" something "new" to share??
I'll just limit my time here & quit being too LAZY to finish the car. Fortunately, there's just a LOT of SMALL details left to do.
THANKS all, you've made me feel like my FARTS don't even STINK! Bill W. & Buster T. (My farts don't stink either!)
Bill, all you need is a pad of yellow sticky notes to stick all over the place to remind you what you need to do. The important things you could get a pad of red ones so you know those are important-like feeding the dog!
Fred K-OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #23
David J

I just paid $1.57 / gal. delivered for 330 gal . House in WI . If you are serious about the " $6/ gal. propane " something is seriously wrong somewhere . Hey Bill - ENJOY as you see fit .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry B./ Ma. View Post
guess I'll go out in the shop, turn up the heat and use up some of that $6/ gal. propane.
Barry B./Ma.
David J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #24
85930tudor

Send a message via Yahoo to 85930tudor

Go for it Bill, you and Buster, I wish I could my little helper for 15 years Booger passed away last nite. Like buster he was my best friend ...he will be missed...Dave
85930tudor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #25
Elcastor

Bill, Get a buddy to help you get it back on the road! You need to get back in the driver's seat!!
Elcastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:03 AM   #26
BILL WILLIAMSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcastor View Post
Bill, Get a buddy to help you get it back on the road! You need to get back in the driver's seat!!
Thanks for your concern, Ben Buddy,
Son, Gregg, helps & shares the A's with me. He's an excellent mechanic & got a lot of his skills from Chief also. We just haven't got motivated since we lost Pat & dealing with holidays, etc. Only need 2 days work to be roaring. We're being extremely picky with every detail so that, hopefully we won't have any unexpected bugs to contend with.
We plan to do 27 miles local "shakedown" then off to Shaver Lake, in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, provided it doesn't snow! Bill W.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:07 AM   #27
Bruce in southern OH

I also saw the cost of his Propane, about the $1.60 to $1.80 here in southern OHIO depending on your budget plan, find us some costumers in Mess. State and we will bring it up for Model A money!!!! One million gallons after transportation cost, labor and taxes, should bring in 1.5 M. Not a bad days work.
Bruce in southern OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #28
Barry B./ Ma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce in southern OH View Post
I also saw the cost of his Propane, about the $1.60 to $1.80 here in southern OHIO depending on your budget plan, find us some costumers in Mess. State and we will bring it up for Model A money!!!! One million gallons after transportation cost, labor and taxes, should bring in 1.5 M. Not a bad days work.
Bruce, a lot of the charge is because I only have a 50 gal. tank at the barn and they deliver with their big truck. Still too high.
Barry B./ Ma. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #29
1931 flamingo

Propane here in CT is out of site also. JMO
As is natural gas and elec.

Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #30
lookin-backtexas

For all you old-timers (I'm just a very young 68), keep in mind that when the Model A was first introduced in late 1927, Henry Ford was already 64 years old!!! You're only as old as you feel.

And for all you younger whipper-snappers, keep in mind that it was our generation that gave you Elvis, Buddy Holly & the Crickets, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Platters, the Supremes, Chuck Berry, the Everly Brothers, the Beach Boys, Little Richard, all rock & roll music in general, Mustangs, Camaros, GTO's, muscle cars, etc. etc. so show us a little respect! You walk around all day with your iPod and earphones listening to our generation's music!

The theme of the movie American Graffiti, "Where were you in '62?" can be answered by saying I was a senior in high school in '62 and can relate to everyone and their cars in the movie. Here's a 2 minute video trailer of the movie for those who want to "remember the good old days."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBI0p5OGlDw

Hang in there!
Fred
Editor of The Restorer magazine, official publication of MAFCA 12 years
Life Member Dallas Model A Ford Club (44 years)
23 year member & founder Lone Star Model A Ford Club
Chairman 35th Model A Ford Texas Tour 1998 (state convention)
Chairman 42nd Model A Ford Texas Tour 2005 (state convention)
Charter Member Ford Model AA Truck Club
If you aren't driving your antique car frequently, you might as well be collecting clocks!!!

Last edited by lookin-backtexas; 01-26-2013 at 08:57 PM.
lookin-backtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:58 PM   #31
Fred K-OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin-backtexas View Post
For all you old-timers (I'm just a very young 68), keep in mind that when the Model A was first introduced in late 1927, Henry Ford was already 64 years old!!! You're only as old as you feel.

And for all you younger whippersnappers, keep in mind that it was our generation that gave you Elvis, Buddy Holly & the Crickets, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Platters, the Supremes, all rock & roll music in general, Mustangs, Camaros, GTO's, muscle cars, etc. etc. so show us a little respect! You walk around all day with your iPod and earphones listening to our generation's music!

The theme of the movie American Graffiti, "Where were you in '62?" can be answered by saying I was a senior in high school in '62 and can relate to everyone and their cars in the movie. Here's a 2 minute video trailer of the movie for those who want to "remember the good old days."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBI0p5OGlDw

Hang in there!
Fred
How did we survive those years!
Fred K-OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #32
Allanw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL WILLIAMSON View Post
Buenas dias,
Didn't post this thread to attract attention, just thought I might be BURNIN' folks out with too much B.S. I spend HOURS a day pokin' around here to keep my FEEBLE brain busy.
As I get back to the car, I'll need your help on crap I've FORGOTTEN! Like, do I use a - or a + screwdriver to get the floorboards out? Or, I ordered this part?? Where does it GO?? Maybe I'll "discover" something "new" to share??
I'll just limit my time here & quit being too LAZY to finish the car. Fortunately, there's just a LOT of SMALL details left to do.
THANKS all, you've made me feel like my FARTS don't even STINK! Bill W. & Buster T. (My farts don't stink either!)
You're awesome, Bill

I'm only 34, and I was looking through a pile of brand new parts on the shelf, thinking "what car is that off, and what is it". It must have seemed like a good idea at the time!
"Duct Tape can't fix stupid, but it can MUFFLE the sound"
Allanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #33
lookin-backtexas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred K-OR View Post
How did we survive those years!
Not sure how we survived them but it was a real hoot being there back then!

Cruzin' down the boulevard in that little duece coupe or '55 Chevy or a '64 GTO with Buddy Holly playing on the radio . . . just don't git no better'n that!
Fred
Editor of The Restorer magazine, official publication of MAFCA 12 years
Life Member Dallas Model A Ford Club (44 years)
23 year member & founder Lone Star Model A Ford Club
Chairman 35th Model A Ford Texas Tour 1998 (state convention)
Chairman 42nd Model A Ford Texas Tour 2005 (state convention)
Charter Member Ford Model AA Truck Club
If you aren't driving your antique car frequently, you might as well be collecting clocks!!!
lookin-backtexas is offline   Reply With Quote