Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-02-2021, 04:13 PM   #1
kimeccles

Default 1930 Cabriolet fixed seat package tray question

Here is a picture of my package tray from ex LeBaron-Bonney kit. The two seat holes slots are shown. The back is slid into the 4 clips against the belt rail material. The front has three places with holes in the metal tray to put brads down through the material and board into the wood.

Note the end is 1-1/2 inch longer than the metal tray, but the board has a slight bend in it on the edge of the tray. It looks like it might bend down 90 degrees and maybe have screws with cupped washers? to hold it into the wood there? I do not see signs of old screw holes there though.

Or is this wrong (maybe it is longer for an adjustable seat?). Should cut the extra off and just remake the upholstery board shorter to match the metal tray? The picture in the instructions does not show the extra length, so not sure what is correct for original fixed seat standards, before I screw it all in.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Package tray.jpg (25.1 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by kimeccles; 08-03-2021 at 10:50 AM.
kimeccles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 10:50 AM   #2
kimeccles

Default Re: 1930 Cabriolet fixed seat package tray question

It needs to be cutoff to fit.
Old 08-04-2021, 05:24 PM   #3
eystein

I am not sure what you are referring to when you say holes for the brads. Why don't you post a photo of the metal tray, and give us the front to rear dimension of the tray and of the upholstery panel. I can measure up on my (fixed seat) Cabriolet tomorrow.
eystein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 10:57 PM   #4
kimeccles

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Thanks. I cut the extra board off and re-glued the fabric to match the metal tray and it is OK now. I think the long board I received was for an adjustable seat. The 3 brads are what holds the board down in front by the seat edge. They are hidden under the fabric and go through little holes in the metal. The tray is fine now.

My current question is about what type of padding, if any, goes on top of the belt rail above the package tray pictured in my other post.