Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-12-2017, 03:40 PM   #1
Jeff Hood

Default Long Beach model T Club 63rd Annual Swap Meet

SWAP MEET 2017 for publication doc-2.pdf

It's almost here! Saturday July 22nd at Long Beach City College Veterans Stadium. See attached flyer. Spaces still available.
Jeff Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:20 PM   #2
Vintage Copper 47

Default Re: Long Beach model T Club 63rd Annual Swap Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hood View Post
Attachment 322567

It's almost here! Saturday July 22nd at Long Beach City College Veterans Stadium. See attached flyer. Spaces still available.
Are there any 40's Ford car parts?

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

"Old enough for the experience & too young to know better"
Vintage Copper 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:33 PM   #3
cmbrucew

Walt
Never know what you will see. Some vendors you only see once a year. For $5 bucks you can't afford to pass it up. See you there.
Bruce
Old 07-15-2017, 05:59 PM   #4
Jeff Hood

Just one week from today!
Old 07-16-2017, 02:38 AM   #5
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbrucew View Post
Walt
Never know what you will see. Some vendors you only see once a year. For $5 bucks you can't afford to pass it up. See you there.
Bruce
Hey Bruce,
Have you been to this one before this year ? Can a guy get thru it in one day's walk ?
Sounds like fun and the place to find some good parts. I'm in San Fern Vly, so not that far away. Didn't know of this one, but plan on this being yearly visit !
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:55 AM   #6
cmbrucew

Hi HT
Yes I have been several times when it was at Los Alamitos race track. Yes you should be able to get thru it in a day. Hope to see you there.
Bruce
Old 07-16-2017, 01:03 PM   #7
hardtimes

Quote:
Hi HT
Yes I have been several times when it was at Los Alamitos race track. Yes you should be able to get thru it in a day. Hope to see you there.
Bruce
Thanks for info !
If you see a white haired (youngish looking old guy ) wearing a 'Scat' tee shirt...that be me . Hope I make it and see you also.

Ooops, make that a blk sweater...taken right off of Tom's body..lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (53.1 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by hardtimes; 07-16-2017 at 01:16 PM. Reason: ...............
Old 07-17-2017, 07:49 PM   #8
1oldtimer

Can't wait
1oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:28 AM   #9
51504bat

I'll be there. Too many freeway miles to drive the '39 unfortunately.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:43 PM   #10
Vintage Copper 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtimes View Post
Thanks for info !
If you see a white haired (youngish looking old guy ) wearing a 'Scat' tee shirt...that be me . Hope I make it and see you also.

Ooops, make that a blk sweater...taken right off of Tom's body..lol
I am going to try to make the meet... Don't have much scratch... maybe I can find the "LEETEL" things..

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

"Old enough for the experience & too young to know better"
Vintage Copper 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:49 PM   #11
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Copper 47 View Post
I am going to try to make the meet... Don't have much scratch... maybe I can find the "LEETEL" things..
Hey Walt,
Hope to see you there ! My human GPS , says that she will deliver me to the gate and pick me up..maybe !

Sometimes don't find anything to buy. Rare but true. Example; went to Turlock this January. ALL day long and didn't get thru half of it. Bought one item...an antique fish net...she went shopping (real shopping ) !
She saw the net and made this face ! 'Whole day driving and overnight stay for a net' ! Hey, but it's an antique nos....
Old 07-19-2017, 07:22 AM   #12
Frank Miller

I enjoy looking at stuff and meeting people. Flea markets can be like panning for gold. I attended this about 20 years ago when I was visiting California. Would love to go again. Lots of neat stuff.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:43 PM   #13
Jeff Hood

Only two more days!
Old 07-22-2017, 07:41 PM   #14
Offy 220

Quote:
Walt
Bruce
Hi Bruce,
I haven't been to the LB Model T swap meet since the 70's and 80's. I remember it was a two day event and more swappers and vendors but it still was great! I had the opportunity to meet a few hot rodders I had heard about but never met - P. Eastwood and Jim Jacobs. I also saw Hardtimes and his Scat set up wearing his T shirt. I was walking around with a "Kong Ignition" black T shirt and that started a few conversations. On the way out, I got to talk with one of the club members about the Signal Hill - Hill Climb which I got to go to with my dad each May. I would like to thank Jeff also for the post and the flyer. It was the best $5 bucks i ever spent! Also, Craig Wise posted plenty of great photos on his FB page for those who do FB.
Thanks,
Offy 220 [Bruce].
Offy 220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #15
hardtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offy 220 View Post
Hi Bruce,
I haven't been to the LB Model T swap meet since the 70's and 80's. I remember it was a two day event and more swappers and vendors but it still was great! I had the opportunity to meet a few hot rodders I had heard about but never met - P. Eastwood and Jim Jacobs. I also saw Hardtimes and his Scat set up wearing his T shirt. I was walking around with a "Kong Ignition" black T shirt and that started a few conversations. On the way out, I got to talk with one of the club members about the Signal Hill - Hill Climb which I got to go to with my dad each May. I would like to thank Jeff also for the post and the flyer. It was the best $5 bucks i ever spent! Also, Craig Wise posted plenty of great photos on his FB page for those who do FB.
Thanks,
Offy 220 [Bruce].
Glad to hear that you got to meet some good people. Yup, I made it there early...only 100 back in line ! Early does not mean that you get the good stuff though. Darn kids with energy/eagerness running on ethyl, I guess, seemed to always be carrying what I was looking for !
I did slobber over ONE item seen, at gold price, a riley 4 port ohv head..nos !!

Also, brought something in the way of...hot off the press news...for four cylinder guys, i.e.- pictures of a new four cyl alum head by friend Jim B. He also had two copies of his second book. I had the last copy in my hand and it was bought (by some OLD dude) while I held it . Early bird with the cash syndrome, eh . He says...xcuse me, your holding MY book !

Jim's head looks to be a winner (7:1 pictured). Jim making 'improvements' in soon to be...next batch. Hope he doesn't mind my pictures promoting sales ..ha !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 014.jpg (48.1 KB, 18 views)
Old 07-23-2017, 03:40 PM   #16
Offy 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtimes View Post
Glad to hear that you got to meet some good people. Yup, I made it there early...only 100 back in line ! Early does not mean that you get the good stuff though. Darn kids with energy/eagerness running on ethyl, I guess, seemed to always be carrying what I was looking for !
I did slobber over ONE item seen, at gold price, a riley 4 port ohv head..nos !!

Also, brought something in the way of...hot off the press news...for four cylinder guys, i.e.- pictures of a new four cyl alum head by friend Jim B. He also had two copies of his second book. I had the last copy in my hand and it was bought (by some OLD dude) while I held it . Early bird with the cash syndrome, eh . He says...xcuse me, your holding MY book !

Jim's head looks to be a winner (7:1 pictured). Jim making 'improvements' in soon to be...next batch. Hope he doesn't mind my pictures promoting sales ..ha !
Hi Hardtimes,
Yes, I was standing right across from the table where Jim's new head casting was displayed when I was talking Mr Eastwood and Jim Jacobs. I wish all of us had name tags - i wanted to talk to him but I didn't know what he looked like! I have his first book and hopefully I can get in line to get his second. I noticed someone was selling Winfield carbs toward the entrance but by the time I got in the area I couldn't find him. I also noticed someone was selling a DO Hal - all I saw was the sign. I do remember years ago there was a couple of Cragars and some Winfield Red heads for sale, it's great some of these rare items are being reproduced. All in all I had a great time and I am looking forward to next year!
Offy 220 [Bruce]
Offy 220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 06:11 PM   #17
Jeff Hood

Glad everyone liked it. We will be at Veterans Stadium for the next several years, so spread the word! SAVE THE DATE-SATURDAY JULY 21, 2018. See you next year!