Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-14-2020, 09:56 AM   #1
rockfla

Default GREAT battery charger recommendation

I bought this battery charger a couple of weeks ago and I have to say SO far it's the best charger purchase I have made, compact and works tremendously on ALL 6V & 12V batteries!!! Worth the price IMO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BatteryCharger.jpg (34.2 KB, 160 views)
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 10:19 AM   #2
philipswanson

Default Re: GREAT battery charger recommendation

Is it automatic?
philipswanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 10:28 AM   #3
rockfla

Automatic??? IF you mean that it switches to a "maintain" mode after charging.....YES. It is also master fuse linked and comes with pigtails to have a permanent attachment to the car!!!!
Old 08-14-2020, 10:30 AM   #4
rockfla

here you go!!!

• Do more with genius - designed for 6-volt and 12-volt lead-Acid automotive, marine, and deep-cycle batteries, including flooded, gel, AGM, and maintenance-free, plus lithium-ion batteries.
  • Enjoy precision charging - an integrated thermal sensor detects the ambient temperature and alters the charge to eliminate over-charging in hot climates and under-charging in cold climates.
  • Charge dead batteries - charges batteries as low as 1-volt. Or use the all-new force mode that allows you to take control and manually begin charging dead batteries down to zero volts.
  • Restore your battery - automatically detects battery sulfation and acid stratification to restore lost battery performance for stronger engine starts and extended battery life.
  • Beyond maintenance - It's not just a trickle charger, it's an advanced battery maintainer. A fully-automatic, worry-free battery charger for everyday use - 24/7 - with zero overcharge.
  • Compatible with all types of vehicles - charge and maintain cars, motorcycles, lawnmowers, atvs, tractors, trucks, suvs, boats, classic cars, hot rods, and more - you name it.
  • Meet the genius10 - similar to our g7200, just better. It's 17% smaller and delivers 115% more power. It's the all-in-one solution - battery charger, battery maintainer, trickle charger, plus battery desulfator.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:42 AM   #5
51 MERC-CT

Why not just go to the web site to see what you get for your $$$$ ------

https://no.co/genius10
Old 08-14-2020, 11:14 AM   #6
42Ford M-H

I got the same one a few days ago, so far its working great. I like the fact you can override the safety to charge a completely dead battery for 5 minutes before going back to normal mode.
42Ford M-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 11:55 AM   #7
rockfla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51 MERC-CT View Post
Why not just go to the web site to see what you get for your $$$$ ------

https://no.co/genius10
I personally have no answer for you!!! Lol as that is what I did!!!
Old 08-14-2020, 12:11 PM   #8
JimG

I was looking for a trickle charger a couple weeks ago for my mother's modern 12 V car that doesn't get driven much. I looked at the Genius products but got scared off by some of the negative reviews (overheating, not charging, etc on Amazon). Some of them seemed to have some fairly significant number of lowest ratings - like 5-6% of total reviews. I ended up buying a Battery Tender brand, which seemed to have a more proven history. Glad it's working well for you. I might have bought the Genius if I had seen positive comments like this on the Barn.
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 12:34 PM   #9
rockfla

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG View Post
I was looking for a trickle charger a couple weeks ago for my mother's modern 12 V car that doesn't get driven much. I looked at the Genius products but got scared off by some of the negative reviews (overheating, not charging, etc on Amazon). Some of them seemed to have some fairly significant number of lowest ratings - like 5-6% of total reviews. I ended up buying a Battery Tender brand, which seemed to have a more proven history. Glad it's working well for you. I might have bought the Genius if I had seen positive comments like this on the Barn.
JimG
I've only had mine now for about two weeks but Its charged a pretty low battery and I have it back on the same 6V battery now, which was about 10 mins of being on it and you can see its on the second red box, from one when I plugged it in and so far its the best thing since sliced bread!!!! I'm here in North Florida and our weather is like the Mie Kong Delta SO its hot here and its performing perfectly!!!
Old 08-14-2020, 02:46 PM   #10
35fordtn

Noco chargers are all I will ever use as well. I’ve had them completely replenish Agm batteries that no other charge would even charge
35fordtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 03:00 PM   #11
Hal Beatty

We went through a bunch of Noco chargers in the hangar... a few worked well; but we had several that didn't work out of the box or died after one or two uses. I found them ok for occasional light-duty usage but I still much prefer the old "dumb" chargers that had actual meters on them.
Hal Beatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 03:06 PM   #12
drolston

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42Ford M-H View Post
I got the same one a few days ago, so far its working great. I like the fact you can override the safety to charge a completely dead battery for 5 minutes before going back to normal mode.
This resolves my biggest complaint with some of the so-called automatic chargers. They will not even start to charge a completely dead battery. I have to drag out the old Western Auto charger to get a dead battery off of zero, then put on the not-so-smart charger.
drolston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 03:12 PM   #13
Graeme / New Zealand

I have 2 of these one in 6v and one in 12. I've raised 3 batteries from the dead and these things maintain them.

https://www.batterysaver.com/

GB

"You're a long time looking at the lid"
Graeme / New Zealand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 05:56 PM   #14
mercman from oz

The Noco Genius G3500 Battery Chargers are great chargers. That is why I have two of them for my cars. The added bonus is that they can be used in either 6 and 12 volt modes, rather than having a dedicated 6 v and 12 v charger as in other brands.
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 09:46 AM   #15
markdtn

I am very pleased with mine as well. I have a G3500 bought for my sons Hybrid. It has worked well on several other batteries also.
markdtn is offline   Reply With Quote