Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #21
ctlikon0712

Default Re: Ladies in A's

Ive really enjoyed reading this thread. Its good to know the ladies are involved.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #22
lance leblanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.S. View Post
Model A windows down on a country road in the passenger's seat while your wife drives with her long hair occasionally carried by the wind, whipping you in the face. Heavenly!

P.S. you may have a missed our calling as a writer. That reads like something out of a romance novel! (not that I have ever read a romance novel).
Not the typical gangster riding the runnng board image that usally comes to mind.

Thanks for the mental image.

Last edited by lance leblanc; 01-06-2013 at 06:04 PM.
lance leblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #23
Richard Wilson

Back in 1992 I gave Model A driving classes for all of the ladies in my Model A club. I had just finished a restoration on a 28 roadster with rumble seat and used it. We had three women in the rumble and one in front plus me at a time, all giving encouragement to the driver. Having the extra ladies in the car provided just the right amount of peer pressure and they all did great. Lot's of fun going down the road. Some had never driven a straight drive auto before. They loved it........and me to. Twelve women drove my roadster that day. All the husbands told me I was crazy for trying to teach the ladies to drive and for using the roadster. At the next meeting I gave each lady a certificate and a Model A "drivers license".

Last edited by Richard Wilson; 01-06-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Richard Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #24
Henry's Lady

My 1930 Cabriolet has been in my family since 1958, when my Grandmother located it in a barn. My father restored it around 1979. It took me a long time to graduate from the rumble seat to the driver's seat, but now I'm driving Suzy. Maybe someday my husband will learn how to drive her......what's to adjusting the spark advance, and learning to double clutch, after all?
Henry's Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #25
Roger V

My wife has a '31 Coupe and a '31 Slantwindow TS. She drives occasionally when I am not up to it. One tour with 18 Model A's she drove 113 miles! When she was teaching and had a stack of papers to grade, she would stop at the suggestion to take the Model A out. It is in her "blood" enough that she remains the only female national president of M.A.R.C.
Roger V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #26
steve s

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.S. View Post
There truly is something sexy about sitting next to your wife while she is driving your car that you worked on or restored, isn't there? Maybe it's like the primal "Man hunt and kills beast, wife prepares and cooks beast for husband" thing. It's almost as good as seeing the wife joyfully decorating the house I built for us. But better.

Model A windows down on a country road in the passenger's seat while your wife drives with her long hair occasionally carried by the wind, whipping you in the face. Heavenly!
Well, it's nice imagery, but the long hair days are gone for her and any length hair days are about gone for me! But, I did find myself sort of reflecting on and running down the inventory of every single bolt and nut I'd redone on the car; for some reason it suddenly mattered a bit more that I really had put it all back together right than it does when I'm driving it.

Here's my honey driving on the mandatory tour--my first time riding in the passenger seat since I bought the car in 1960.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2007 June MARC Virginia 120.jpg (40.4 KB, 52 views)
steve s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #27
Ray in La Mesa

My wife,JudyJo, has had her '31 coupe since high school (baby sitting money) and it was her only car for years to school and jobs and raising two kids. We met in '72 in the local A club when I had my '28 roadster pickup, my second A,. Our first "date" was fixing the differential in her coupe. She then inherited her mom's '31 SW and drives it too. I'm the fleet mechanic but she helps when she isn't doing other stuff. Life is GREAT when your wife loves Model A"s too.
Ray in La Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #28
FL&WVMIKE

Here is a photo of me letting my future wife drive my roadster, for the first time.
MIKE
CLICK ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE - Twice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg futurewifedrive.jpg (356.2 KB, 69 views)
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:02 PM   #29
lance leblanc

Great to see all the beautiful woman in their beautiful cars. But it looks like while they may own and drive them. They dont have need to spend any of their spare time talking about their cars on this forum.

Perhaps they're watching Alabama Crimson Tide crush Notre Dame Fighting Irish on T.V.

Last edited by lance leblanc; 01-08-2013 at 10:51 AM.
lance leblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #30
kpreed

I own and am sole driver (as far as I know ) of my Pick-up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010011_2.jpg (57.5 KB, 37 views)
kpreed is offline   Reply With Quote